a trading strategy based on Elliott Wave Theory - page 184

I liked this article. Moreover, it is a very interesting (for all its simplicity) work.
I saw several parallels with physics, symmetry theory, group theory and, of course, number theory. Besides, it's nice to realize that the feeling of harmony, the feeling of proportions is based not on education or anything else, but on inner understanding of laws of nature. Such an interesting connection between conscious and unconscious.

However, I did not see any relation to the market and price movement. That is why I asked.

About a year ago I wrote a graphic indicator, which, using approximately the same principles (parallelogram + diagonal), built a fan (but not Fibonacci) that determined the future price movement - the price moved between two rays of this fan until it was rebuilt. And all this was built and rebuilt in real time.
It worked interestingly, but not so much that I gave up looking for a more constructive approach.

imho, such an approach is quite constructive...
But I also could not use such an MTS in real time, because I do not know how it works... :/
in general, if you dig that online edition, there is a lot of clever stuff on the case, but you have to comprehend it all and midify it, because there is no mention of charts. (But that's even a good thing.)
and before that you have to choose the actual approach to the market idea. (for me it's a swing. :) = in terms of TA - Waves Wolf and Tactica Adversa.)

P.S. not insisting I'm right; it's just my way, one of many.
P.P.S.
However, I didn't see any relation to the market and price movements.
one formula from there I use practically "head-on". :)

Bodnar's work is indeed brilliantly simple, but this fundamental mathematical apparatus was created literally 17(!) years ago, and before that time it simply did not exist... very surprising the level of modern science...

by the way, I've noticed many times... if it is difficult to find more or less coherent discussion on forums on a certain topic (i.e. TC), then it works...

Take Gunn for example... I've never met a person who understands his system :(
Everywhere he reprints someone else's tale of purple ink and three-day swings, but in reality,
recently i came to a conclusion that for modern forex the scale of 45° should not be a multiple of $$/day, but of pips per minute, and with any computer it's all elementary calculated in fractions of a second... and i can't even find someone who trades by it to discuss if i've correctly interpreted the available crumbs of information. :(

Bodnar's work is indeed brilliantly simple, but this fundamental mathematical apparatus was created literally 17(!) years ago, and before that time it simply did not exist... very surprising the level of modern science...

Believe me, the level of modern science is very high. It is so high, in fact, that those who deal with it are not even interested in its practical applications in such mundane spheres as Forex, for instance. I think you know that Perelman, a mathematician from St Petersburg, proved Poincaré's hypothesis, one of the most difficult problems of mathematics. So he turned down a Fields Prize for it. The prize is worth $1 million.

Bodnar's work is simple and interesting. However, the mathematical apparatus he uses there was invented hundreds of years ago and does not go beyond high school. In that sense it is certainly fundamental. :-)
You can hardly call it brilliant, but "brilliantly simple" you can. :-))

I was personally interested in two things, which is what connects it to physics and mathematics.
1. The hyperbolic function y=1/x, which underlies many laws of physics, in particular, the law of universal gravitation and Coulomb's law, is essentially nonlinear and has a singularity at x=0. Therefore, it has not been used in research of transformations of spaces.
2 And linear functions have been used, which are responsible for rotations and translations in space, leaving invariant distances and angles. This really corresponds to Euclid's geometry and is relevant for our space only in small regions. Due to the hyperbolic functions that Bodnar introduced, his hyperbolic transformations that leave invariant the area of a parallelogram have the same form as the usual linear transformations.

Here, take Gunn, for example...
... and can't even find someone who trades on it to discuss whether I've interpreted the available crumbs of information correctly. :(

This may be because
... if it's difficult to find more or less coherent discussion on the forums on a topic (I mean TC), then it works...

Believe me, the level of modern science is very high. So high, in fact, that those who do this science are not even interested in messing around with its practical applications in such mundane spheres as forex, for example.

Of course, you can call me selfish, but I'm convinced that
the level of science is not measured
not by the number of variables in the equations,
but by the quantity and quality of opportunities to change my life, and the lives of my loved ones.
for the better... :)

The level of science is not measured by the number of variables in the equations, but by the quantity and quality of opportunities to change my life, and the lives of my loved ones, for the better... :)

If you're talking about the size of your TV diagonal, then sure, no argument.
But if you mean something more, then it's all up to you, not science.

I am interested in the possibility of a deterministic description of the pricing mechanism.
Yurixx, do you think it is possible to represent a time series (we are talking about a price chart of an instrument) as a superposition of a cyclic component, a trend component and a stationary (almost) series with an admixture of stochastic trends? If so, there are mathematical methods to distinguish the cyclic component. It is not clear why one would use the murky procedure of identifying the Elliott Waves. Or have you, Yurixx, come to the conclusion that this method (Elliot waves) is valid?

I am interested in the possibility of a deterministic description of the pricing mechanism. <br / translate="no"> Yurixx, do you think it is possible to represent a time series (the price chart of an instrument) as a superposition of a cyclic component, a trend component and a stationary (almost) series with an admixture of stochastic trends? If so, there are mathematical methods to distinguish the cyclic component. It is not clear why one would use the murky procedure of identifying the Elliott Waves. Or have you, Yurixx, come to the conclusion that this method (Elliot waves) is valid?

It's not really me who's asking, of course, but you can take a look here, for example:
http://worldcrisis.ru/crisis/175544

Neutron, I just don't understand the main purpose of this presentation. If you want to decompose the existing signal, or rather the price range, into the listed components, then I see no problem, all the achievements of science are at your service. But what is the sense? As far as I understand it, it does not make sense. If you forecast on the basis of such an approach, then for each component you will need to somehow determine the coefficients, which in some way equals arbitrariness.

PS: I am interested in your opinion for the simple reason that I have done such research and ended up with a very good idea, which I am now working on.

I am interested in the possibility of a deterministic description of the pricing mechanism. <br / translate="no"> Yurixx, do you think it is possible to represent a time series (the price chart of an instrument) as a superposition of a cyclic component, a trend component and a stationary (almost) series with an admixture of stochastic trends? If so, there are mathematical methods to distinguish the cyclic component. It is not clear why one would use the murky procedure of identifying the Elliott Waves. Or have you, Yurixx, come to the conclusion that this method (of Elliot waves) is effective?

If you read this thread, you must have noticed that I cannot be classified as a supporter of EWT under any circumstances. Although Elliott's approach is of course based on some quite rational considerations.

Any description of a market is built within some kind of model. Perhaps the model you describe makes sense. But you can only discover that from your own research. Nevertheless, right now, in order not to take a model from the ceiling, you must have a reasonably good reason for such a representation of the market. Do you have any? Why three components and not two?

Let's say it is clear which processes are reflected in the trend component. But what is behind the cyclic one and what is behind the stationary series? In general, what is a "stationary (almost) series with an admixture of stochastic trends"? These questions are not by way of criticism, but to illustrate what the model justification should contain.

One more thing. If you can isolate a cyclical component in price movement, then I guess that's ALREADY enough to build a constrained strategy. Just like if you can isolate the trend component, then you can play it just fine too. And if you have both, that's waaahhhh... :-)))
Then all the other market details are not needed at all.
Reason: