Questions about MQL4 - page 3

Sleep() does not seem to work in indicators. It works in Expert Advisors and scripts, but not in indicators.
Is it supposed to be like this or am I seeing things wrong?

It seems that Sleep() does not work in indicators. It works in Expert Advisors and scripts, but not in indicators.
Is it supposed to work like this or am I seeing things wrong?

Yes, it is correct - Sleep() does not work in indicators. It should be so.

Renat,
OK, thanks!
I spent half a day yesterday fighting my own illusions (it's not written anywhere and no one will tell me) Like Don Quixote:)

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to display an indicator in a chart window by controlling this event from an Expert Advisor?
I think I've read everything, but I can't find it...

there is no such possibility.
But it is possible to work around it via a global variable - attach an indicator that is drawn only when the main variable = 1, and change the value of this variable from the Expert Advisor ;)

komposter,
Thanks for the advice! You are my overnight saviour :)

To tell the attached indicator via a global variable the requirements of the Expert Advisor is clear.
We are talking about attaching it on the expert's initiative. And that, you say, you can't. Eh.

komposter,
Thanks for the advice! You are my overnight saviour :)

To tell the attached indicator via a global variable the requirements of the Expert Advisor is understandable.
We are talking about attaching it at the initiative of the Expert Advisor. And that, you say, you can't. Eh.

=)
Yes, you can't do a lot of things...
and what's more, as it turns out, it won't even be possible anymore - the improvements are over, we're starting to make detours around the restrictions...

But here...
When unloading EA via EAs>>Remove deinit() doesn't work?

But here. <br / translate="no"> When unloading an EA via EAs>>Deinit() doesn't work?

it works

komposter,
it's not working.
I've done it both ways, but it won't do anything.

The idea is simple - to clean the screen after drawing different objects.
One and the same function from start() works, but from deinit() does not.
What may be the problem here?
Reason: