Trade did not close even when TP line was hit

Hi,

How is it possible that a trade was not automatically closed even if the price exceeded the TP dash line? I've been using the platform for quite some time and I've never experienced something like this before.

Here's my chart right after I entered the trade and my chart just now.

Bea Pelayo: How is it possible that a trade was not automatically closed even if the price exceeded the TP dash line? I've been using the platform for quite some time and I've never experienced something like this before. Here's my chart right after I entered the trade and my chart just now.

Because a "Sell" closes at the Ask price and not the Bid price. You have to consider the Spread, so take a look at the spread at the time.

• A "Buy" opens at the Ask price and closes (T/P, S/L, etc.) at the Bid price.
  • A "Sell" opens at the Bid price and closes (T/P, S/L, etc.) at the Ask price.

A OHLC chart only shows the Bid prices.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Because a "Sell" closes at the Ask price and not the Bid price. You have to consider the Spread, so take a look at the spread at the time.

• A "Buy" opens at the Ask price and closes (T/P, S/L, etc.) at the Bid price.
  • A "Sell" opens at the Bid price and closes (T/P, S/L, etc.) at the Ask price.

A OHLC chart only shows the Bid prices.

Thank you! Say the spread at the time of entrywas 35, does it mean that for the trade to close at TP line, price should exceed the TP line by 35 pips?

Or should I take a look at the spread at the time the price is about to hit TP?

Bea Pelayo:

Hi,

How is it possible that a trade was not automatically closed even if the price exceeded the TP dash line? I've been using the platform for quite some time and I've never experienced something like this before.

Here's my chart right after I entered the trade and my chart just now.

You can add your chart here, together with your post.
It is the spread

Thank-god Avwerosuoghene Odukudu #:
You can add your chart here, together with your post.
It is the spread

For some reason, the chart got deleted. Here it is.

Files:
mt4.png  47 kb

bala98 #: Thank you! Say the spread at the time of entrywas 35, does it mean that for the trade to close at TP line, price should exceed the TP line by 35 pips? Or should I take a look at the spread at the time the price is about to hit TP?

You have to look at the spread at the time that it is about to hit the T/P (exit), and yes if the spread is 35 pips (at the time of exit, not entry), then the bid price must be 35 pips below the T/P for the Ask price to hit it (in this case as it's a sell).

Reason: