Your symbols and your datafeeds in Metatrader 5 - page 23

Maxim Dmitrievsky:
There's one over there who's gone for a beer for the joy of such news, on the front page... Looks like he's been on a binge for three years :))

:))

I hope that the creation of my characters will allow testing of option strategies - I really want that.

Реter Konow:

If I make up a story for my symbol myself, it's like drawing $100,000,000,000 on a piece of paper and putting it in my bank account. It makes just as much sense. If a program generates the symbol's story for me, then this fictitious symbol will be as unpredictable in its behaviour to me as the real one. The question is, why do I need it? If I can pre-set the desired properties of the generated symbol, isn't that a fitting of the test results? What is the value of such a test? Well, from an objective point of view?

Do you know what a portfolio is? Well, it would be very easy to create portfolios, but now it is done by self-made software and it does not always work accurately enough. This is the most obvious application of custom datafeeds.

Do you know what arbitrage is? That would also be easy to do. And since MT is a very mass product, it is likely that custom datafeeds will be very important on financial market. Very soon many things may change from what we are used to, many strategies will stop working, which is the danger that Maxim said, so it is far from certain that for all traders in general the appearance of CFDs in MT will be beneficial.

Andrey Dik:

Do you know what a portfolio is? Well, it would be very easy to compile portfolios, but now it is done by homemade software and it does not always work accurately enough. This is the most obvious application of custom datafeeds.

Do you know what arbitrage is? That would also be easy to do. And since MT is a very mass product, the emergence of custom datafeeds is likely to play a very big role in the financial market. Very soon many things may change from what we are used to, many strategies will stop working, which is the danger that Maxim said, so it is far from certain that for all traders in general the appearance of CFDs in MT will be beneficial.

Andrey, thank you for the answer, but in fact it's not an answer at all. You have explained what we may do but haven't explained how. How will the possibility to create fictitious symbols help to build a portfolio? And how will mixed data from multiple instruments improve strategy testing? No answer so far. Maybe you can offer another formulation of the questions?

Реter Konow:

Andrei, thank you for your answer, but it's not really an answer at all. You've explained what can be done, but not how. How will the ability to create fictitious symbols help to build a portfolio? And how will mixed data from multiple instruments improve strategy testing? No answer so far. Can you suggest another way of asking the questions?

No one can give you an answer to the question "how to do", because it depends on the specific implementation of KFD, which only the developers in MQ have an idea about.

Реter Konow:

Andrei, thank you for your answer, but it's not really an answer at all. You've explained what can be done, but not how. How will the ability to create fictitious symbols help to build a portfolio? And how will mixed data from multiple instruments improve strategy testing? No answer so far. Can you suggest a different way of asking the questions?

You can build a synthetic symbol, for example something like EURUSD-(1/USDCHF) or something like that, get a spread chart between 2 correlating symbols, based on which you can trade in pair trading, for example... well, that's the easiest, there are more complicated strategies. But it will all depend on how they implement it. In fact, it can be implemented through indicators, but maybe there will be some interesting features.

I support the optimism that there will be something useful, but it is not clear to me what it will be or how it will help in trading.

This thread has not explained anything in two years. The impression is that there is a theme, but it has almost no content. General words and no specifics. Alas :(

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

You can build a synthetic symbol, for example something like EURUSD-(1/USDCHF) or something like that, get a spread chart between 2 correlating instruments, based on which you can trade pair trading, for example... well this is the easiest, there are more complicated strategies. But everything will depend on how they will implement it

Well, that's right by the way. In the simplest case, with corresponding volumes the built synthetic will correspond to EURCHF, but if we take other volumes, it will get completely different properties, not like in a "pure" EURCHF. This is the way to get trading instruments with the required properties, which is what portfolios are used for.

Andrey Dik:

Well, by the way, yes. In the simplest case, with appropriate volumes, the synthetic will correspond to the EURCHF, but if the volumes are different, the synthetic will have completely different properties, not like the "pure" EURCHF. That is how one can obtain trading instruments with the desired properties, which is what portfolios are actually used for.
What does it mean to "obtain instruments with the required characteristics"? What is the use of such instruments? Isn't it cheating against oneself and common sense? Sounds like some kind of deliberate self-deception in all seriousness.

Реter Konow:
What does it mean to "get tools with the desired properties"? What is the use of such tools? Isn't that cheating against yourself and common sense? Sounds like some kind of deliberate self-deception in all seriousness.

read
https://www.mql5.com/ru/code/9908
https://www.mql5.com/ru/code/11859

Recycle
Recycle
  • votes: 13
  • hrenfx
  • www.mql5.com
анализ совместного движения фин. инструментов
Reason: