The agony of choice - page 4

sanyooooook:
It's the kind of enthusiastic new programmers you can't uproot from freelancing later on.)

much credit to the administration

thejobber:
You are a practitioner, not a teacher.

I understand that you are trying to draw false conclusions from the right assumptions.

why can't a practitioner be a teacher?

Why can't a teacher have practice in the subject he or she teaches?

why must he who programs be a programmer?

no sane teacher would ever advise a beginner who wants to write expert advisors and indicators in mcl4/5 -- first to learn c++, and then to learn mcl4/5 -- it's like that in "beginners Windows" course to start with MS-DOS commands

p.s. Everything is good in moderation and should always be fit for purpose

mmmoguschiy:

Well, here you go:

A long time ago, back in the days of the old builds... I had the pleasure of seeing such a funny picture on my monitor:

Whether long or short - the developers decided to release a new "improved" build. And the developers forgot about backwards compatibility of old software versions. And here's the problem - they stopped drawing funny pictures on my monitor... Everything started to look much sadder:

What was left of the goat, as they say...
was the old code compiled on the new build?

Discussion is pointless, I suggest just in some time, see what will come out of the topikaster, who as I assume will choose the easy way. and whether he will be able to write his own code in 4, rewrite 5 and back... only unfortunately there is no 100% control tools (( I think it's better if he describes his way himself afterwards... what he read, what he did, what difficulties he faced...

abolk:

by the way, no sane teacher would ever advise a beginner who wants to write expert advisors and indicators in mcl4/5 to learn c++ first, and then learn mcl4/5 -- it's like learning MS-DOS commands in "beginners Windows for beginners" course

they recommend Excel before C++, just for your reference.)

mmmoguschiy:

There you go:

Show me the code

I completely agree, if you want to learn EA writing, you should learn C++. And personally, I recommend you to learn OOP right away. There is nothing complicated there. At first, OOP is perceived simply as syntax rules. But later when complex tasks appear, OOP gives much more flexibility in code extension and support.

Renat:
Show me the code

Maybe it's not the same code, just the name of the indicator strangely matches the names of screens, but here is a clear example where an array of int type is declared which is passed to a user function, and there the datetime type is accepted

Well and a bunch of warnings about re-declaration of variables and variables not used.

Вопрос по индикатору - MQL4 форум
  • www.mql5.com
Вопрос по индикатору - MQL4 форум

mmmoguschiy:

Well, here you go:

A long time ago, back in the days of the old builds... I had the pleasure of seeing such a funny picture on my monitor:

Whether long or short - the developers decided to release a new "improved" build. And the developers forgot about backwards compatibility of old software versions. And here's the problem - they stopped drawing funny pictures on my monitor... Everything started to look much sadder:

What was left of the goat, as they say...
It was a developer's mistake. If it wasn't. Everything would have worked. I had to fix all my mistakes. But not with the new one, with the old one. And all the old functions work. There were valid defaults. Now there are none. No control, the code doesn't work. There are controls. Everything works.

There's no doubt MT5 is a head above MT4, even a few.

There is a good tester in MT5, but there is no deep quotes history from 10 years and above.

And how can I convince my broker to download them? Otkritie seems to have several years of FORTS on MT5, but there is no correct quotation history for glued futures. Even if the history is complete, it is not certain that it will be correct. Always used to trust only myself. Not to mention forex. There is one brokerage company in MT5 with a lot of different quotes, but damn, the history is a couple of years old and that's it.... And brokerage companies seem to be reliable, but before starting to trade they need to check their bots. I mean the same, right? It's so time consuming to create a trading robot on two or three years of history.

Is it so labour-intensive to make it possible to create your own symbol in MT5 and then load your own history there? You can test a strategy on "your own symbols" and then run bots on DC symbols.

TradeStation write on their website that they give their clients 27 years of intraday history!!! The daily totals are more.

Reason: