Virtual hosting in MetaTrader 4/5 platforms and data security

A question for experienced users of this service and its creators.

How confidential are user advisors and scripts when using the service? Is it possible that my"grail" will leak into other hands?

Nothing will leak out:

• Very few people have physical access to the servers
  • All traffic is encrypted
  • All passwords on disk are hardware dependent
  • Only EX4/EX5 files are transferred to servers, no Expert sources are ever sent

mmmoguschiy:
Question to experienced users of this service and its creators.

How confidential are the user's EAs and scripts when using the service? Can it happen that my "grail" leaks?

1. The servers are accessed by an extremely limited number of people on the MetaQuotes staff who do not have access to trading histories (i.e. they will not even be able to assess whether or not it is a grail)

2. the terminals on servers do not have a graphical interface. That is, even after logging in to the server, you can not see any client terminal, its trading tabs and history

3. Scripts are not executed on hosting. Only Expert Advisors and indicators.

Thank you very much for your answers! Let's give it a try :)

It's not quite clear how it works in this case. In particular, what is the execution environment? Algorithm and user->program->server interaction? So, it turns out that executable file is run on remote server while all messages and alerts are output (with delay, of course) to my home terminal?

and another question for sure - do I pay for hosting of each terminal separately?

mmmoguschiy:
Thank you very much for the replies! Let's try :)

I do not quite understand the algorithm of work in this case. In particular, what is the execution environment? Algorithm and user->program->server interaction? So, the executable is launched on the remote server, while all messages and alerts are output (with a delay, of course) to my home terminal?

No.

The logs from the hosting are given to you (in your home client terminal) on special request.

Hosted alerts don't work, as there is no graphical interface, and there is no one to listen to the "alert.wav" sound

stringo:

No.

The logs from the hosting are given to you (in your home client terminal) on special request.

Hosted alerts do not work as there is no graphical interface, and there is no one to listen to the "alert.wav" sound

interesting! )) specify how this request looks like and how to submit it? Naturally I need a log, otherwise how can I understand - is this hosting is what I need in terms of performance? And debug accordingly?

mmmoguschiy:

And another question - does the hosting for each terminal have to be paid for separately?

The question is not quite clear.

One subscription - one fee.

Access to the hosting logs from any desktop client terminal provided that the mql5-login and mql5-password are specified correctly in the terminal settings and the client terminal has information about the trading account from which you have migrated data.

mmmoguschiy:
interesting! )) specify how this request looks like and how to submit it? Of course I need a log, otherwise how can I understand - is this hosting is what I need in terms of performance? And debug accordingly?

A special request for logs is only sent to the hosting when you explicitly want it (Navigator - hosting node - context menu - logs).

The logs are immediately available. When viewing the logs, you can press the "Request" button again and you'll immediately receive a log update from the host

You just have to try it. It already works in 4 - you have 24 hours free trial time.

stringo:

The question is not quite clear.

One subscription - one fee.

Access to hosting logs from any desktop client terminal, provided that the mql5-login and mql5-password are correctly specified in the terminal settings and the client terminal has information about the trading account, from which you migrated data

What I mean is this - I have several accounts at different brokers. Also I have a few different terminals - both mt4 and mt5. For each terminal and accordingly my account will have a separate server or subscription (I don't know the correct way)? Or may I use, as you say, one subscription and run different terminals and accounts?

strange - this function is not available for mt5

mmmoguschiy:
strange - this function is not available for mt5

Waiting, soon to be enabled - for now MT4
Reason: