Hedging Martingale. - page 13

artemiusgreat:
for example, you may use weekly ATR, divide it by the number of lots, which allows you to allocate your deposit without losing it, and you get the distance in pips, calculated on the robot, through which you can fund.

There's another "trick" in there like this from dickhead, who "wanted to help" - the calculation of the maximum return over a period of time. But in the end, if you use it, i.e. divide it into channels from which to refill and average, the profits are too modest... :-)

You may google it: Calculation of the maximum rebound site:mql4.com

There she is! Gotcha! The first link he spit.:-)

расчет максимального безоткатного движения. - MQL4 форум
  • www.mql5.com
расчет максимального безоткатного движения. - MQL4 форум

artemiusgreat:

No, my point is this - look at your last answer and think about this - let's say we have a very bad indicator or we enter arbitrarily, on a coin, then all our entries will be against the price, which of the above EAs will sell out faster?

if you want, you may use a more realistic example - let's say you have 3 trades of 1 lot each at EURUSD and 3 of the aforementioned Advisors, you trade 10 times EURUSD, but all trade are unsuccessful, we know that 1 pip value at this pair is 1 USD, so 1 pip loss is minus 1 USD, calculate

the first one will lose in 10 steps.

the second one, almost immediately.

The third will never lose - and we're back to hedging martingale.

The third one will never do that - we are back to the hedging martingale.

gip:

This is called "my success story". Now you have to do a dozen "successful trader" interviews. Then quietly lose and don't tell anyone about it.

Martin always loses. No, of course the martin itself does not lose money and does not make money, but if you work on a martin, it means that the trader just does not understand what he is doing. And then luck and spreads do their job and create a history of ups and downs.

If you are a trader and you are not aware of it, then luck and the spread do what they do and create a history of ups and downs.

transcendreamer:

I do not know what is worse - a reversal or an averaging martin, the first one kills in a flat, and the second one - in a trend.

For example Yen-dollar - 10 figures without a significant reversal - how to get back?

Transcendreamer:
I will try to test this logic with these parameters, it is only unclear how the total lot is closed separately

I have been dealing with both of them for a long time, the results are better with the averaging tool. For entry the indicator is used, it plays its role too.It means that the total lot of buy orders is closed at achieving a certain profit, same for sell. Unlike the variant when all buy and sell orders are closed at profit at the same time.

R0MAN:

There's another "trick" in there like this from dickhead, who "wanted to help" - the calculation of the maximum no-repayment over a period of time. But in the end, if you use it, i.e. divide it into channels from which to refill and average, the profit is too modest... :-)

You can google it: Calculation of the maximum failsafe site:mql4.com

There she is! Gotcha! First link he spit on.:-)

thanks, useful script

khorosh:

Long fiddled with both, the results are better with the averaging. For entering an order the indicator is used, it plays its role too, i.e.cumulative lot of buy order is closed at some profit, the same for sell. This is contrary to the variant when all buy and sell orders are closed simultaneously at profit.

yes, perhaps the averaging is better (if we do not get to the megatrend)

it is confusing that while one side is geometrically gaining momentum the other is showing linear profit growth

transcendreamer:

Yes, perhaps the averaging is better (if you do not fall into a megatrend)

The confusing thing is that while one side is geometrically gaining momentum the other side is showing linear profit growth

Due to the fact that this linear growth is not comparable to "geometry" - I have abandoned the simultaneous presence of both buy and sell, i.e. traded only in one direction before going into profit.

R0MAN:
Due to the fact that this linear growth is not comparable to "geometry" - I have given up the simultaneous presence of both buy and sell, i.e. trades only in one direction before going into profit.

so there's probably no point in trying to balance the sides of the martingale?

If you attach thishttp://cmillion.ru/new-razrulivanie-slozhnoj-situacii-s-pomoshhyu-usredneniya/ to a Fibonacci robot, you get a little Grail.

transcendreamer:

so there's probably no point in trying to balance the sides of the martingale?

I don't know. I have to speculate. There are options here... with lock, unlock - haven't worked...

For example, averaging some kind of synthetic... that's mostly hanging out in the channel... there's also IMHO where to dig.

Reason: