Suggestions for promoting the MT5 platform to the masses - page 23

Renat Akhtyamov:

.... So, just in case, I found myself a spare airfield (another platform) in case 4-Rock disappears altogether. Oddly enough, it is cooler than both 4-Rock and 5-Rock and there is a more popular programming language.

Yes, sure, MQL4 is ranked 41st, but it's not the first and it's not MQL5!

PROMOTE Mt5, DESTROY Mt4 and the market will be lost!

I also think that the first step towards the loss of the market has already been taken - the removal of the installer MT4....... It's a BLEEP as it's much easier and quicker to fall than to rise.

By the way, after seeing the post that Mt4 has become impossible to download and mt5 has become impossible to use without damage, I have the same idea to discuss with the colleagues the alternate airfield.

Stability is more important than their experiments.

Sergey Golubev:
And I repeat - a post from the English section, which I translated from the English section - a post by an English moderator - and I totally agree with it:

Agreed

I suggest we calm down as indeed MT5 is better and more promising.

But!

We need to test every MQL5 command in 2 modes - online and offline. That's when the bugs will start piling up....

And with historical data offline - it's a total disaster.

And plus they've imposed a community that shafts errors offline. Personally, I can not turn it off, because I do not see the point of overloading the computer with Internet traffic to work unnecessary for me extra feature, because I trade and not for fun.

Renat Akhtyamov:

Agreed

I suggest we calm down as indeed MT5 is better and more promising.

But!

We need to test every MQL5 command in 2 modes - online and offline. That's when the bugs will fall....

By the way, that English moderator quote I took from a branch (there is a link to that branch) where MT4 fans and MT5 lovers are discussing (the title of the branch starts as "Why is MT5 better than MT4?" (and two exclamation points ...) and four leaves. A branch here (in English), there are both your supporters and your "opponents", a separate branch.

Artyom Trishkin:
Can I pin this (not in my words) expression somewhere prominent?

Proper behaviour has to be nurtured. Like proper taste in tasters. There is no other way.

In the meantime, don't tell society that it should and has something to do.

Sergey Golubev:
By the way, that quote of English moderator I took from a branch (there is a link to that branch), where MT4 fans and MT5 lovers are discussing (the title of the branch starts as "Why is MT5 better than MT4?"? (and two exclamation points ...) and four leaves. A branch here (in English), there are both your supporters and your "opponents", a separate branch.

Thank you.

I have my own opinion and it wasn't 'born' in one day.

I've been on MT4 since the days when MT5 wasn't even a thing.

I'm trying to switch to MT5 from time to time. But I have no effect yet.

I totally understand those who need only MT5.

If everything will work, who would object?

If everything will work - who may oppose it?

Personally, I'm only "FOR!" and will gladly leave MT4, if MT5 will be just like MT4 stable both offline and online for at least 95%.

Комбинатор:

Proper behaviour has to be nurtured. Like proper taste in tasters. There is no other way.

In the meantime, don't tell society that it owes something and it should have something.

There is always a reaction to any pressure - rejection. And these are the right words to say. If you force and impose, it does not take long to be sent away, and if properly directed, they will even call you back to where you have sent them ;). The meaning of the words was like that for me. It was not a directive to society - only a statement of behaviour in this or that situation.

Hence, I fully agree that behaviour should be educated. But not to impose and force.

Renat Akhtyamov:

Thank you.

I have my own opinion and it wasn't 'born' in one day.

I've been on MT4 since before MT5 even existed.

I'm trying to switch to MT5 from time to time. But I have no effect yet.

I switched to MT4 from MT3. It was a fast transition.
However, the Expert Advisors I used on MT3 were no longer needed on MT4, because MT4 was a better platform than MT3.

Sergey Golubev:
And I switched to MT4 from MT3. And the transition was quick ...
It's true, the EAs I used on MT3 were no longer needed on MT4, as MT4 was a head above as a platform compared to MT3.

I assumed that was the answer.

I can't say anything about switching from MT3, because I'm not aware of it.

But externally I remember some very buggy platform that allowed me to make 800 quid plus in 3 hours from 100...

Renat Akhtyamov:

I assumed that was the answer.

I can't say anything about switching from MT3, as I'm not aware of it.

However, I do remember coders who had a very hard time transitioning to MT4. For example, the legendary Tartan and his team - they simply released codes of Expert Advisors (the result of their work for many years) using MT3 to the public, because they didn't have time to modify them on MT4. They were translated to MT4 later and got the famous DayImpulse indicators, new zigzags, Goldwarrior, SilverWarrior EAs and so on.

The platforms are different, as the more complex the task, the higher the platform.
For example, a simple EA could be traded on MT3.
MT4 is for more complex tasks.
MT5 - for even more complex tasks.

But tasks are always getting more complicated, and old platforms become less popular (it's the law of life, I'm sorry).

It's like computers - for example I always thought that the best computer is Pentium 1 and the best Windows 95.
But the challenges have become more complex, and I no longer have such a computer or such a Windows.
Reason: