Suggestions for promoting the MT5 platform to the masses - page 16

Sergey Golubev:

Codabase should be advertised. And this can be done by the one who "pours", or by anyone else.
For example, several years ago I used to put some mini-articles in the comments of CodaBase on some indicators to show how to use them (and I publicly linked the thread with such mini-articles in the comments). There are over 100 such mini-articles. How to use zigzag in manual trading, for example. What is the difference between asctrend and braintrend signal indicator for trading on accuracy of entry and exit of positions, examples of using RSI with examples and stating at least for some hours for each variant ...

But more effective - just open threads on the forum with examples and ideas on how to use some indicator from CodaBase.
I have several such branches in English: one on signal indicators, another on stoch indicators, there is a general branch ("Something Interesting"), etc.

But if the programmer "put" an indicator (for example) in CodaBase with a general description and the details with examples of its use and with stats, non-programmer traders must get it from program articles here or from the Internet, I think it's wrong.

CodaBase can be promoted on the forum (signals and marketplace are not allowed, but anything from CodaBase is).

-------------

I have just answered one user in English asking if Metatrader can open 4 charts for four different instruments. And such beginners on this forum are in the majority. And the author's description is not enough for them, they understand nothing of programming ... The one who "filled in" often gives a minimum of non-programming information, and the other programmers, instead of doing promotion of CodaBase tools, just wait for someone to come and explain everything to the newbies.

After reading the comments, I see the following idea: we create a FAQ-like branch to collect links to interesting code and articles in the database. The criterion should be usefulness for programming (after all, kodobase is mostly a large database of code examples, educational material so to speak, and the example should be at the level that does not conceal gross errors or nonsense, to help learn this or that aspect of programming for MQL5, mql4).

And who is to decide on the usefulness of this or that example? What is the gradation scale of usefulness?

If we post different descriptions in such a branch, it will become a mess, and the list will be impossible to modify - and it should be at the top, and it will be constantly updated with new links to new interesting solutions.
Something else seems to be needed. But the need to separate "cutlets from flies" in the kodobase - I think there is no objection. Personally, I think that the need to improve the quality of codobase is long overdue.

Alexey Volchanskiy:
Nice translation ))) English, however, has a different phrase construction, it's hard to do adequately here, even google translate can't do it. But it's funny, how come I didn't know that before?
How do they check machine translation?
By reverse translation.
For example: I made machine translation from Russian into English.
Then, for yourself, you translate your text from English back into Russian. If you understand what is written and the meaning is not changed - then the English translation is more or less normal.

Реter Konow:
Thank you.

Just maybe I'll meet some talented developers there... Something to talk about. Maybe create an international branch of enthusiastic developers with revolutionary ideas.

Western thinking simply isn't prone to stagnation, and you can find very promising people.

(Like here).
There you are more likely to encounter the Eastern )) The main thing is not to give any contacts.

Alexey Volchanskiy:
You are more likely to encounter an Oriental there )) Just don't give me any contacts.
Yes? Why not?)

Реter Konow:
Yes? Why is that?)
All of China, India, Malaysia, etc. - are all there.

Sergey Golubev:
How is machine translation checked?
By reverse translation.
For example - you did a machine translation from Russian into English.
Then, for yourself, do a machine translation of your text from English back into Russian. If you understand what was written and the meaning has not changed - then the English translation is more or less normal.
Well, you understand English better than I do. Do you agree that even Google poorly translates from Russian into English? Understanding what is written is not the same as a good translation. I have Uzbeks working in my shop; some of them speak decent Russian and we sometimes even talk on distracted subjects. And some of them do not know a thing. However, even with them I can somehow explain myself and understand them, but that does not mean that they can speak Russian. )

Artyom Trishkin:
All of China, India, Malaysia, etc. - All there.

Exactly right, and my feeling is that there are more of them there than the white English-speaking race. As soon as they understand that you are a great programmer they will start asking you to hack into something )). So don't leave contacts other than what's already available on the site.

My phone got into all call centres in India and I had to change it because the calls came in 5 minute intervals.)

Alexey Volchanskiy:
Well, you understand English better than I do. Do you agree that even Google doesn't translate well from Russian into English? Understanding what is written is not the same as a good translation. I have Uzbeks working in my shop; some of them speak decent Russian and we sometimes even talk on distracted subjects. And some of them do not know a thing. However, even with them I can somehow explain myself and understand them, but that does not mean that they can speak Russian. )
In the English part of the forum there are advanced coders (and English is not the main / native language for all of them), and the communication among the coders there is as hard as here, but without any "lyrics".

Sometimes two coders argue about something and then one of them turns it into a joke and after that the Chinese post in English: "We got it" and a smiley face.

Sergey Golubev:
There are advanced coders in the English part of the forum (and not all of them have English as their primary language), and the communication among the coders there is as tough as here, though without any "lyrics" at all.

Sometimes two coders are arguing about something and then one of them turns it into a joke and after that the Chinese post in English: "We got it" and a smiley face.
The Chinese are like that, I've worked with them on software.)

Artyom Trishkin:
All of China, India, Malaysia, etc. - are all there.
What do they all want?
Reason: