Trading: Checking the Myth: The Whole Day Trading Depends on How the Asian Session Is Traded

"MythBusters" is on the Discovery channel.

nondisclosure:
"MythBusters" is on the Discovery channel.

Excellent idea... I try to check for 365 days the ratio also good. TP/SL = 339/26, or 92.8%/7.1% very good.... it can be realese to become real Trading EA.

i get good results for EURUSD on the last 200 days, only 1 SL hit...

Maybe you can make it in to a trading EA

Fantastic idea ... well worth testing.

I've conducted similar research on this topic (although not quite as extensive as your article here). Personally, I run an EA in strategy tester and for one time each day i have the European, Asian, and US session statistics printed to the journal, i then export the data to excel and run a thorough correlation analysis between the sessions. It seems like it would be ideal to have your EA place trades and then you can optimize the SL, TP, & the Hour_kol_vo. Using this you might be able to figure an appropriate time range directly after the session close to trade with SL & TP of X & Y.

I've looked into this a while ago. Turns out certain times of day there are really strong directional periods. For example if you sold eurusd at midnight and closed out at 01:00 for the last year you'd have made 1200 pips. See attached spreadsheet. Hour 13 and 14 for example are buys and has been for the last year. 700 pips there. The total if added up is over 7000 pips in a year if you traded directional based on time and time alone.

Of course easy to say in hindsight, but there are definitely very strong patterns present based on time. Unfortunately I think these patterns change all the time. And I've been unable to come up with a way to stay consistent with it. By the time you pick up the pattern has changed all the profit will be gone.

Maybe someone clever than me has any idea's?

I cant attach the spreadsheet or paste it in here, doesn't want to do it, pm me if anybody wants it.

is this statistics useful? as my opinion, it's just like set SL=100, TP=5, then you calculate the probablity of TP, of coz you can get a very high sucessful rate.

i dont understand what was the stop loss hit ? how many pips ?

It's an interesting idea. However, there seems to be a bug which affects your check for profit/loss.

Your indexing of the bar shift looks like it's wrong. You seem to be offseting the bars by an additional factor by using "j" and "PEREBOR". This is resulting in bars being skipped.

if(iHigh(Symb,PERIOD_H1,j-PEREBOR)>(Close_bars_session+(Profit+STOP_LEVER)*Point))

Example, if bar 20 was the bar for the close price, then you should be checking bars 19, 18, 17... It seems you are checking 19, 17, 15, ...

Adjusting it so that it checks every bar gives a totally different result. Not a better one!

Reason: