What kind of expert does an expert have to be for you to buy one? - page 5

stormex777:
All right - more entries, more reliability of the robot. My robot is always in the market either buy or sell, I haven't lost money since 2005 till 2013)) but I haven't made any profit either. I have a good profit in 2008, but it all went downhill in two years. Now I am optimizing.
That is, life has not taught you anything - you continue to stubbornly follow the fallacy of others, so widely replicated in the near-market environment. Doesn't the contradiction between your belief (delusion): "...more entries, greater robot reliability ..." and the reality of practice: "...in two years everything has rolled away" bother you? Apparently not, if in the end you're not looking for a different approach, but for optimization.
I admit that I may be wrong too, but my approach to the market (and therefore requirements for TS algorithm) is slightly different, I believe that the longer time frame used to make entry/exit decisions, the more accurate the trading signal may be, so the ratio of successful and unsuccessful trades may be better. And if we do some common sense and just think on it, I think it is clear that for balance trading 10/1 P/L ratio is better than 1000/300 especially in cases when stoplots are used in TS exceeding takeprofit amount several times.
In my EAs I mostly use monthly timeframe.
Here is an example from my life: my aunt has been very successfully dealing with buying and selling securities for about 15 years, I did not ask her about the exact amount of profit she got, except that she never made a loss. So, she was buying and selling securities once a year (there is a similar example on the Internet about the German grandmother, how she became a millionaire on the stocks in a few years). My aunt, however, did not become a millionaire - her children and grandchildren managed to successfully spend what they earned. In the end, the hen that lays the golden eggs was "slaughtered" when my grandson's housing problems were solved and my aunt was left naked and barefoot.

SWA:
So, life has not taught you anything - you continue to persistently follow other people's misconceptions, so widely circulated in the near-market environment. Aren't you confused by the contradiction between your belief (delusion): "...more inputs, higher robot reliability..." and the reality from practice: "...in two years everything has rolled away..."? Apparently not, if in the end you're not looking for a different approach, but for optimization.
I admit that I may be wrong too, but my approach to the market (and therefore requirements for TS algorithm) is slightly different, I believe that the longer time frame used to make entry/exit decisions, the more accurate the trading signal may be, so the ratio of successful and unsuccessful trades may be better. And if we do some common sense and just think on it, I think it is clear that for balance trading 10/1 P/L ratio is better than 1000/300, especially when using stoplots in TS exceeding takeprofit amount several times.
In my EAs I mostly use monthly timeframe.
Here is an example from my life: my aunt has been very successfully dealing with buying and selling securities for about 15 years, I did not ask her about the exact amount of profit she got, except that she never made a loss. So, she was buying and selling securities once a year (there is a similar example on the Internet about the German grandmother, how she became a millionaire on the stocks in a few years). My aunt, however, did not become a millionaire - her children and grandchildren managed to successfully spend what they earned. In the end, the hen that lays the golden eggs was "slaughtered" and my aunt was left naked and barefoot when her grandson's housing problems were solved.
I'm looking for another approach, i.e. i want to try filters on h4-D1-W directions as a minimum and i want to enter on smaller timeframes, i.e. buy the main signal to buy, so we buy and look for entry points to buy until the situation changes on a bigger timeframe. But the problem with the market is that when the main trend starts it goes very quickly, so the robot should have time to rebuild. The same problem is in your case, if trading by months, in 2008 your robot would lose a lot, if it is daily, it has a chance to rebuild quickly and follow the trend. I'm starting to lean more towards trading yen pairs and crosses, they are more predictable in terms of ATS trading. Anyway, time will tell.

If it is to buy ... then the illusions of traders (even experienced traders) cannot be discounted.

I remember one conversation with traders :

• Me - it's a martingale, it's risky for your deposit
  • He says: "I know".
  • Me - you understand that you can lose your whole deposit, and it can be on X day, and this day can come tomorrow, or in a month ... or in half a year, but it will definitely happen?
  • He - yes, I know.
  • I - so you will never use this martingale?
  • He - I will.
  • I - why?!
  • He - because I'm interested.

A good expert would be the one who first made an initial capital on some demo contest account and then would increase the bonus to 1 million dollars. And it would be free!
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Информация о счете
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Информация о счете
  • www.mql5.com
Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Информация о счете - Документация по MQL5

• I- it's a martingale, it's risky for your deposit
  • He- I know.
  • Me- you understand that you can lose your whole deposit, and it may be on X day, and that day may come either tomorrow, or in a month ... or in half a year, but it will definitely happen?
  • He- yes, I know.
  • I- so you will never use this martingale?
  • He- I will.
  • I- why?!
  • He- because I'm interested.

I also have an acquaintance who has been selling flowers all her life. And at a loss!
I say, what the fuck for? I like it, it's like a drug.

openlive:
A good expert would be the one who first made an initial capital on some demo contest account and then would increase the bonus to 1 million dollars. And for free!
Yes, yes... free + monitoring from a real account over several years ))))

BOSSVORS:
  • I- it's a martingale, it's risky for your deposit
  • He- I know.
  • Me- you understand that you can lose your whole deposit, and it may be on X day, and this day may come either tomorrow, or in a month ... or in half a year, but it will definitely happen?
  • He- yes, I know.
  • I- so you will never use this martingale?
  • He- I will.
  • I- why?!
  • He- because I'm interested.

I also have an acquaintance who has been selling flowers all her life. And at a loss!
I say, what the fuck for? I like it, it's like a drug.

it's a hobby.)

Doozer2:

And as for importance - there is a need for both quantity and quality.

Where is greater reliability and where is less risk?

Properties of the IDEAL trading robot:

1. absence of losing trades.

2. The drawdown does not exceed double spread - an exact entrance to the market.

3. Position retention from the beginning to the end of the trend.

4. Only working with the trend (money only in the trend!).

5. Accurate enough identification of the trend ( a small delay is not critical).

6. Pyramiding within the trend - for MT5 ( you cannot have much money!).

7. Protective mechanisms ( stop loss etc.).

8. Stable reliable operation for 3-5 years.

9. Number of deals - does not matter.

This is the benchmark to strive for ( classic trading, it does not apply to high-frequency trading).

Документация по MQL5: Торговые функции / HistoryDealsTotal
Документация по MQL5: Торговые функции / HistoryDealsTotal
  • www.mql5.com
Торговые функции / HistoryDealsTotal - Документация по MQL5

VNIK:

Properties of the IDEAL trading robot:

1. no losing trades.

2. Drawdown not exceeding double spread - accurate market entry.

3. Position retention from the beginning to the end of the trend.

4. Only working with the trend (money only in the trend!).

5. Accurate enough identification of the trend ( a small delay is not critical).

6. Pyramiding within the trend - for MT5 ( you cannot have much money!).

7. Protective mechanisms ( stop loss etc.).

8. Stable reliable operation for 3-5 years.

9. Number of deals - doesn't matter.

This is the benchmark to strive for ( classic trading, it does not apply to high-frequency trading ).

Well, I think everyone has understood what you're getting at;)

Doozer2:

Well, I think we've all seen where you're going with this;)

Of course, that answers the question posed in the thread title.

I would buy such a robot for sure! But who will sell it...?

Reason: