Are there any traders who have been living off forex for a long time? [no flooding please!] - page 4

VNIK:
It is a standard situation, as in any other business: some stay afloat, most sink (for various reasons), and only a few stubbornly climb up.

This is not a standard situation at all, and your statement is another trap for unqualified investors.

Any business can be made up of risk-free operations that generate profits and ensure its sustainability.

Trading assets based on forecasts of their price movements is always just a risky operation that will sooner or later lead to the loss of all assets.

It is absolutely realistic to make a lot of money on the forex market.

Having written over 350 Expert Advisors using all well-known and not-so-famous indicators, I can draw the following conclusions:

1) only the martingale works - all the rest bring at best 10% per annum

2) only one advisor should work (better a few different ones, in order to diversify the risks), because a person cannot be in front of his computer 24 hours a day and monitor all currency pairs

3) withdraw 30% of profit weekly

4) turn off advisors before the news

and you will be happy!

Mechanic:

It is absolutely possible to make a lot of money on forex.

1) only martingale works - everything else yields at best 10% p.a.

Broke my brain. I'm going to get drunk.

TheXpert:
Broke my brain. I'm going to get drunk.

You don't say... Same thing. Getting drunk on steam.

And it's not quite clear why the EA can't stop itself during news releases... You have to stop it manually...

MoneyJinn:

Any business can consist of risk-free operations that make a profit and ensure its sustainability.

You are confusing "business" with "work". Even a simple transaction - holding business funds in a bank can make you bankrupt if the bank collapses, let alone other transactions involving deliveries, contracts and obligations. In business, the exact same ratio of survivors to the rest is 5/95% as in FOREX.

VNIK:
You are confusing "business" with "work". Even a simple transaction - holding business funds in a bank can make you bankrupt if the bank goes bust, not to mention other transactions with deliveries, contracts and obligations. In business, the exact same ratio of survivors to the rest is 5/95% as in FOREX.

I have been doing this for 20 years and I am not confused about anything.

It's not that there are no risky transactions at all in a normal business.

It is about the fact that the basis (!) of any operating business is precisely the risk-free, profit-generating transactions.

There cannot be any risk-free transaction in trading assets based on forecasts of their prices and, therefore, such trading cannot be the basis for a business.

That is why the percentage of people, who steadily earn on Forex, is equal to 0%.

MoneyJinn:

I have been doing this for 20 years and I am not confused about anything.

It's not that there are no risky transactions at all in a normal business.

It is about the fact that it is the risk-free, profit-generating transactions that form the basis of any functioning business.

Trading assets on the basis of price forecasts does not allow for risk-free transactions in principle and hence such trading cannot be the basis of business.

That is why the proportion of people making stable profits at Forex is 0%.

You are talking like a beginner in trading. What prevents you from choosing the moment to open a position with a clear trend? Lack of knowledge of thechanalysis? Yes, the trade will be rare, but it will be risk-free, just as you wanted. You have avoided risky trades in your business, haven't you? So why not do it in FOREX?

VNIK:

Yes, it will be a rare trade, but it will be "risk-free", just as you wanted.

There is no such thing as a risk-free trade.

Contender:

There is no such thing as risk-free trading.

Nor is there a risk-free business.

VNIK:

You are reasoning like a novice trader. What prevents you from choosing the moment to open a deal with a clear trend? Lack of knowledge of thechanalysis? Yes, the trade will be rare, but it will be risk-free, just as you wanted. You have avoided risky trades in your business, haven't you? So why not do it in FOREX?

Study the meaning of "risk-free" using arbitrage transactions in stocks and futures as an example.

You simply do not understand the difference between risky trades and risk-free (conditionally risk-free) trades.

On a risk-free trade, you have a guaranteed (!) opportunity to buy cheaper and sell higher at the same time.

In a risky transaction, you have no such guarantee. You can only dream that you are likely to sell the goods in the future.

Reason: