Bitcoin and everything associated with it. The home of cryptomaniacs and their adversaries. - page 230

Are you kidding me? :) where did I get 3 million from?

TheXpert:
Are you kidding me? :) where did i get 3 mil?

How do I know how you got 3 million? )

maybe you've got a lakh and a leverage of 1:3 )

ZS: looks like they're gonna be pushing it after everyone's bought in.

sanyooooook:

How do I know how you got 3 million? )

Maybe you've got a lakh and a leverage of 1:3.)

So it's on the stock exchange.

What do they want, I don't know, you have to look at volumes.

TheXpert:

So it's on the stock exchange.

What they want, I don't know; you have to look at the volumes.

They want if not to raise, then at least to hold on to drop what was bought below, on the 18th.

just a cool price )

sanyooooook:

just a cool price )

something reminiscent of gold - MN period

I continue my slow assimilation of cryptocurrencies :). Another confusion arose in connection with the staggered resetting (halving) of block fees. It seems obvious that the very moment of resetting must be accompanied by a cataclysm in the mining market, specifically a capacity reset. Which should lead to a slowdown in transaction rates. It is clear that after that the system will reduce complexity, global block generation rate will recover -> the remaining miners will start generating blocks more often -> profitability will partially (or even completely) recover -> miners will start coming back -> profitability will drop again -> ... .

In other words, these moments are supposed to create wave-like disturbances, if only quickly damped, but what if there is a swing? In any case, this is a disadvantage for the payment system. I do not know if this effect has been observed before, but it is clear that while bitcoin was exotic, this phenomenon did not matter much. But it was this December that bitcoin took a qualitative step into reality (imho, of course) and may well shake out at the next halving.

It would seem that there is no problem to make the fee reduction continuous and smooth, why hasn't it been done so far?

Candid:

It seems obvious that the very moment of a reset must be accompanied by a cataclysm in the mining market, specifically a capacity dump. Which should lead to a slowdown in transaction speeds. It is clear that after that the system will reduce complexity, global block generation rate will recover -> the remaining miners will start generating blocks more often -> profitability will partially (if not completely) recover -> miners will start coming back -> profitability will drop again -> ... .

It is worth bearing in mind that Bitcoin is now mined only on asics, and there is not much point in stopping them at all, in any case. Except when they stop paying off the electricity.

And do you take into account that halving the reward should inevitably lead to a price increase?

TheXpert:

It is worth bearing in mind that Bitcoin is now mined only on asics, and there is not much point in stopping them at all, in any case. Except for when they stop paying off electricity.

And do you take into account that halving the reward must inevitably lead to an increase in price?

If you look at the grid power graph, you can see that, given the general up-trend, power drops are not uncommon. We don't know all the mechanisms of course, but I think that as the profitability of mining drops, the sensitivity of this indicator to all sorts of shocks will increase. You can also see that transaction confirmation time varies quite a lot, say half an hour for commerce is definitely a lot, imagine that you pay in an offline shop and it turns out that you have to wait half an hour.

I don't know the dates of previous halves now, you could just look to see how they affected. But even if there were no waves, as the profitability of mining drops the probability of them happening would increase.

The price increase would compensate for the halving if it was a one-step and exactly the same doubling. Otherwise it depends on the phase, it could work for stabilisation as well as swing.

And in general, it is unclear why guessing in a "complicated way" when you can simply and inexpensively close the issue altogether.

In honour of the holiday we are running a promotion over the New Year holidays. <br / translate="no">To get the reduced commission you need from 00:00 January 1 till 00:00 January 9:

1) Accumulate 2500 BTC turnover to receive 0.15% commission
Well, they looked at the numbers and forgot about the action :)
Reason: