In MT5 do I have to pay an extra spread relative to MT4? - page 2

Andrei01:
The claim is that MT5 is supposedly fully equivalent to MT4 in all cases, but you can see that this is not the case - the spread paid will be different.
Give me a concrete example from the state where the extra spread is charged. Then it will be a topic for discussion. As for now, it's just an empty and ungrounded rant based on your personal opinion.

Reshetov:
Give me a concrete example from the state where the extra spread is observed. Then there will be something to talk about. As for now, it's just an empty and ungrounded rant based on your personal opinion.
So far, no one argued that three trades give 3 spreads and two - 2, it's easy to calculate without a calculator. This is a task for the first grade. If you do not believe in arithmetic and do not understand how the spread is calculated, then take the state and you will see the same thing there.

Andrei01:
So far no one has disagreed that three trades give 3 spreads and two give 2 spreads, which is easy to calculate without a calculator. This is a first class problem. If you don't believe in arithmetic and don't understand how spreads are calculated, then take an article and you'll see the same thing there.
I have already explained that you have made a mistake in the calculations for MT4 and MT5.

sergeev:

You made a mistake in the opening schedule of MT4 and MT5.

In MT4 you have not reversed anything, but in MT5 you have reversed it for some reason, which is why you think there is a discrepancy.

In fact, in the second stage of the existence of two differently directed orders - in MT5 you will get 0 on the total position.

In MT4 you don't flip because two orders can exist in parallel and in MT5 there is only one order - so you have to flip to keep the same entry strategy and get the same total position, but in MT5 you get one more spread.

sergeev:
I have already explained to you that you made a mistake in the MT4 and MT5 calculations.
What exactly is the error in the spread calculation? the total position is equivalent of course, it's not about that, it's about the spread.

Andrei01:

In MT4 I don't flip because two orders can exist in parallel and in MT5 there is only one order - so you have to flip to keep the same entry strategy and get the same total position but in MT5 it costs one more spread.

MT4: 1 buy + 1 sell = 0.
MT5: 1 buy + 1 sell = 0

where do you see an extra spread?

2. Why do you flip a pose in MT5? Because of that you break the identity with MT4

MT4: 1 buy + 1 sell = 0
MT5: 1 buy + 2 sell = -1

Of course, there will be an extra spread, but you're counting incorrectly.

sergeev:

MT5: 1 buy + 1 sell = 0.

where do you see the extra spread?

Actually 1+1 = 2, not 0 if we are talking about spread, not total position. The spread does not depend on the type of trade, whether it is buy or sell.

sergeev:

2. Why are you reversing a position in MT5? Because of this you break the identity with MT4

MT5: 1 buy + 2 sell = -1

Of course, there will be an extra spread, but you are counting incorrectly.

Look at the problem condition - short term position is inverse to long term. And five error in arithmetic - spreads from trades add up without a sign, as explained above, and you even have a negative spread.

Andrei01:
Actually 1+1 = 2, not 0 when it comes to spread, not total position. Spread doesn't depend on the type of trade, whether it's buy or sell.

:) and where do they come from.

And where do you see a negative spread?

I was just pointing out your netting error.

Do you think that the position is different for MT4 and MT5? Is the obvious not clear to you?

NettoTrading.

I use it all the time as it is not easy to understand among hundreds of open positions (ECN/STP - partial fills).

But better to do a little modification on MagicNumber, then a clear advantage will be seen over MT5 if you trade with many EAs (different trading logics) or add manual trading.

Reason: