Start trading with Expert Advisor

I have finished writing part of my EA and about to do simulation trading with it.

Question is, how do I tell the MetaTrader which currency I'm applying my EA to? and what time frame am I applying my EA to?

and, how do apply my EA to multiple currency?

Thanks 

Wslwilson:

I have finished writing part of my EA and about to do simulation trading with it.

Question is, how do I tell the MetaTrader which currency I'm applying my EA to? and what time frame am I applying my EA to?

and, how do apply my EA to multiple currency?  

The Strategy Tester cannot trade multiple Instruments . . just one.  The instrument you are running your EA on and the timeframe are set in the Strategy Tester.

RaptorUK:
The Strategy Tester cannot trade multiple Instruments . . just one.  The instrument you are running your EA on and the timeframe are set in the Strategy Tester.

Thanks. But I think I should put it this way, I'm trying to switch it on, and trade it live and see if the EA is able to pick up the opportunities intra-day.

How do I control which instrument and time frame my EA is running on?

and, does it apply my EA to multiple currency?  

Wslwilson:

Thanks. But I think I should put it this way, I'm trying to switch it on, and trade it live and see if the EA is able to pick up the opportunities intra-day.

How do I control which instrument and time frame my EA is running on?

and, does it apply my EA to multiple currency?  

Ah . . . so you haven't tested your EA yet ?  why don't you test it in the Strategy Tester first to see if you have any coding errors ?

If you want to go Live immediately then of course you can . . .  add the EA to the chart of your choice,  symbol and timeframe,  then make sure you have enabled live trading and click the Expert Advisors button so you get a Green triangle .. . .  you should see a smiley face in the top right hand corner of your chart with your EA name.

EA allow live trading 

MT4 allow live trading 

EA button 

Thanks a lot for reply...

" add the EA to the chart of your choice,  symbol and timeframe,".. this is the bit that I can't get it....

Wslwilson:

" add the EA to the chart of your choice,  symbol and timeframe,".. this is the bit that I can't get it....

If you want to trade GBPUSD H1 open a GBPUSD H1 chart and drag your EA from the Navigator onto the GBPUSD H1 chart . . .  read the MT4 application help for more information.

Wslwilson:

Dear  Sir

I wanted  to run a test EA that it is in all MT4 platforms called    Moving Average.

I attached the EA to chart and closed and open platform once and smil ly face is appearred  but EA does not open any positions.

could u please help me what is wrong?

Thnks

alexpears:

Dear  Sir

I wanted  to run a test EA that it is in all MT4 platforms called    Moving Average.

I attached the EA to chart and closed and open platform once and smil ly face is appearred  but EA does not open any positions.

could u please help me what is wrong?

Thnks

How long did you wait ?

Why not try it in the Strategy tester first . . . then you have some idea of how often it places a trade. 

it is in chart now for 1 hour and not any positions  has been open yet

alexpears:
it is in chart now for 1 hour and not any positions  has been open yet
Should a position have been opened ?

not any position opened yet.

It is Moving Average EA that it is in all MT4 platform.

You could test it what is wrong.

Regards

Reason: