How do you decide on a trend? - page 4

I've watched a number of videos from youtube and read Williams' "Masters of the Markets" recommended above and became very interested in the topic of volumes. It turns out that the volume is very important information, but what does it mean in Forex? I mean the usual histogram volumes. How do they correlate with real ones?

If the VC volumes are meaningless, how can we get them from the futures market to our mt5 Expert Advisor? As advised elsewhere on the Internet. Is there such a possibility?

As far as I have deduced the use of volume information is critical for determining a trend, its continuation and reversal. That's why I am asking in this thread.

Alex_Bondar:

I've watched a number of videos from youtube and read Williams' "Masters of the Markets" recommended above and became very interested in the topic of volumes. It turns out that the volume is very important information, but what does it mean in Forex? I mean the usual histogram volumes. How do they correlate with real ones?

If the VC volumes are meaningless, how can we get them from the futures market to our mt5 Expert Advisor? As advised elsewhere on the Internet. Is there such a possibility?

As far as I have deduced the use of volume information is critical for determining a trend, its continuation and reversal. That's why I am asking in this thread.

Probably foreign brokers provide such information, but I'm not going there yet.

lazarev-d-m:
Perhaps foreign brokers provide such information, but I do not go there yet
It's funny)) I just asked you about it in another thread and got the answer here)))))

No one will give you the real amount of position volumes for any particular pair. Calm down. Do you have any idea what would happen if someone knew the real ratio of bulls to bears?

lordlev:
No one will give you the real amount of position volumes for any given pair. Calm down. Do you have any idea what would happen if someone knew the real ratio of bulls to bears?

Well, I'm not so bold as to fantasize))))

I'm not interested in the bulls/bears ratio (interesting of course! but that's fantasy), but just how many of them are all together. And whether it's related to "volume" from DC.

Is there even a distant analogue with the stock volume?

If not and this volume is just an oscillator from price, then how do you pull minute volume data from the futures market, which as I understand has more credibility, into a forex advisor, on mql5.

http://www.mt5.com/ru/

here on the right show sales/buying ratio don't know how forecasts come true, yesterday I opened a demo account with 1 lot towards the majority on USDJPY and this morning it was already 1000 dollars, so there is something in it, I am watching so far, doesn't fit much to describe the volumes, but can be seen as a bull/bear ratio

MT5 - форекс портал для трейдеров | Все для торговли на Forex
  • www.mt5.com
MT5 – универсальный портал для трейдера в мире форекс. Новости экономики, финансовые новости, аналитика, конкурсы трейдеров, Forex TV, обучение торговли и форекс форум MT5.

lazarev-d-m:

http://www.mt5.com/ru/

here on the right show sales/buying ratio don't know how forecasts come true, yesterday I opened a demo account with 1 lot towards the majority on USDJPY and this morning it was already 1000 dollars, so there is something in it, I am watching so far, doesn't fit much to describe the volumes, but can be seen as a bull/bear ratio

Just consider yourself lucky. I once wrote a programme on this subject. The results are in the first sentence

Deposit Files
Deposit Files
  • dfiles.ru
DepositFiles provides you with a legitimate technical solution, which enables you to upload, store, access and download text, software, scripts, images, sounds, videos, animations and any other materials in form of one or several electronic files.

It's an old debate about the trend. It can be defined analytically (all inclusive of flat) or programmatically (I tried it once). But I agree - all this will still be approximate and depends on the timeframe (i.e. flat somewhere, but in fact it is a trend). If you divide the trend into primary and secondary, and the primary into uptrend and downtrend, and divide the secondary as well, it becomes more or less clear. True, the secondary trend states are not very stable. For example, the famous so to speak counter trend (like "I trade against the trend") is just a secondary trend - a correction. For example, DayTrading EA, or Firebird EA, or the famous Phoenix EA that participated in one of the Championships - these are EAs trading against the trend. But if we consider realistically, "against the trend" (or counter trend) is nothing but a secondary trend (yes, the same one) - a correction. Of course there are some slang names or common terms in English on this subject, but if we bring it all to a normal state and do not get hung up on so to say buzzwords - there is one thing: the trend as such, and everything there is something going on - is within it.
Lyrical digression apologies.

Reason: