I urgently need 2 robots. one is trending and the other is flat. - page 4

foim:
You need a robot. Indicators won't work.

I can't help with the robot yet. You have to study mql5 coding. If you wait 6 - 8 months, for example, then ... Maybe.

What is a trend as compared to a flat? It is a breakdown of some level (support and resistance line).
A level, to put it simply, is two horizontal lines on a chart, and the price in the middle.
The price breaks through one of them (it can break through up to 3 times) - it is in a trend.
Staying inside the lines - a flat.
True - the lines have to move together with the price...
But at least that way we can do something...
But if some people draw patterns on the chart manually, then two horizontal lines is not a problem.
Or in Codebase find something like Fibo or Pivot indicators.

And about Expert Advisors - ask someone, or go to Service Work if it's urgent.

Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Константы графиков / Свойства графиков
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Константы графиков / Свойства графиков
  • www.mql5.com
Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Константы графиков / Свойства графиков - Документация по MQL5

newdigital:

I can't help with the robot yet. I have to study mql5 coding. If you wait 6 - 8 months for example, then ... Maybe.

What is a trend as compared to a flat? It is a breakdown of some level (support and resistance lines).
A level, in simple words - is two horizontal lines on a chart, and the price in the middle.
The price breaks through one of them (it can break through up to 3 times) - it is in a trend.
But if some people draw patterns on the chart manually, then two horizontal lines is not a problem.

I once saw market makers working on bonds... As soon as there is some movement, they get really sweary and start shutting these robots down. We used a market maker as an indicator of a market movement)) it was true at the fund. so i got the idea to use robots as an indicator. but in forex. it's also possible to do it from this perspective. we can trade based on the balance of the robot, i.e. using the rate.

FAQ:

A flat is a special case of a trend, go one step (period) lower and you will see a trend. Fractal however...

And yes, in 2007 - 2008 at the fourth forum this topic was very popular and discussed, as far as I remember - no consensus was reached.

And the characters were very different from those of today.

So, an Expert Advisor (robot) is working on a single timeframe. It works on some timeframe that is flat, but on others it will be trending.
I've learned a lot from market situation indicators.
Although I agree - it's an approximation.

But at least something - like "i flew a bar back on so-and-so timeframe".

Expert Advisor/robot determines it differently - it's like comparing the values of something on bar 1 compared to this on bar 2 on some specific timeframe.
A person's eyes are moving along all the bars on the entire chart - something like the screenshots I have attached.
The Expert Advisor/robot compares two bars and that's it ...

Although, maybe the mql5 programming language allows to process large data arrays, but I'm not so far into it.

Документация по MQL5: Программы MQL5
Документация по MQL5: Программы MQL5
  • www.mql5.com
Программы MQL5 - Документация по MQL5

you're going to be a dead giveaway.

newdigital:

I can't help with the robot yet. I have to study mql5 coding. If you wait 6 - 8 months for example, then ... Maybe.

What is a trend as compared to a flat? It is a breakdown of some level (support and resistance line).
A level, in simple words - is two horizontal lines on a chart, and the price in the middle.

The trend one needs not to do anything at all)) just disable the flat and enable the trend one.

newdigital Although the mql5 programming language may be able to handle large arrays of data, but I'm still a long way from that.

Any language does. The question is what to put into the software.

FAQ:
Any language allows. The question is what to put into the software.
I'm personally in favour of a large volume of statistics. on indicators it's better to manually train your perception, the indicator itself rather than the prices.

foim:

The trend one needs not to do anything at all)) just switch off the flat and switch on the trend one.

So, it turns out to be one.

And enable - disable what?
So, first we define whether we are detecting a flat or a trend and then, depending on this fact, we enable some Expert Advisors?
Well, this has to be done with an on/off switch.
Sort out several Expert Advisors by the types "only profitable during the flat" and "only profitable during the trend", make an external Enable/Disable button and that's it.
There is a new Expert Advisor in CodeBase, I have sorted it out and included it into the on/off switch.

foim:
I am personally in favour of a large volume of statistics. using indicators is better for manual training of perception, the indicator itself rather than prices.
An indicator is a processed stream of quotes and therefore a priori lags. it is only needed for visual perception by immature brains.

newdigital:

So that makes one.

Do you switch what on - off?
So, it starts with a flat or trend and then, depending on that, switches on some Expert Advisors?
Well, this has to be done as an on/off switch.
Sort out several Expert Advisors by the types "only profitable during the flat" and "only profitable during the trend", make an external Enable/Disable button and that's it.
There is a new Expert Advisor in CodeBase, I have sorted it out and included it into the on/off switch.

I have obtained two ones. a flat one as an indicator and a trend one to work with.
Reason: