time in the terminal at the championships - page 4

Yedelkin:

Seen here: TimeDaylightSavings:) That's what it's called. I have no idea how it is implemented. As for my opinion, if there is a function returning server time, it means that it could return a Boolean variable using an additional parameter. Or number of seconds, as it is implemented in TimeDaylightSavings.

Once again. This function tells you whether your computer is in daylight saving time or daylight saving time. You can determine the fact of the transition not in a single moment, but in a series of requests. Like 0 0 0 0 0 1 (oops! transition) 1 1 1 1 1.

Just now focusing on the question. " Terminal time at the Championship".

It is not known in advance. Could be anything.

stringo:

Once again. This function tells you whether your computer is currently in daylight saving time or daylight saving time. You can determine the fact of the transition in a series of queries, not a one-time event. Like 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 (oops! transition) 1 1 1 1 1.

But I answered your specific question,"where did you see the functions that determine the fact of transition to summer or winter time?". Look at my previous posts. They show that I know very well what exactly the TimeDaylightSavings function returns. But you asked and I answered. So, we conclude that the function defining the fact of daylight saving time has been seen by everyone.

Why 'switch'? - Because if there was a switch, then non-zero values are returned. I.e. I don't need to make endless queries and remember previous states. Got 0 - no transition at present historical moment. Got 1 - transition has happened some time.

If you focus on the word "transition", then I will clarify the original question: why is there no function that informs on what time the server (data centre) broadcasts the quotes, in winter or summer?

stringo:

If the computer running the trading server changes to daylight saving time, this does not mean that the server itself is running at the same time. The server (data centre) can simply transmit incoming quotes, irrespective of the time set on the computer. That is why you are offered to solve this issue yourself - all the functions are there for that.

Wait, let us calmly in order. The organizers are not obliged to announce the local time on the computer, on which the server runs. If the term "trading server time" has been introduced into the language, it means that users are interested in the time of the trading server and not in anything else. The reason of interest is that some strategies send requests not only at appearance of signals calculated on the price data, but also at a certain time. At this, the user can set their local time or the server's trading time or GMT.

If it is convenient for the user to orientate to the server's trading time, the user has questions: which time zone does this time refer to and is Daylight Saving Time used for this time zone?

Yedelkin:

If you are focusing on the word "transition", then I will clarify the original question: why is there no function informing on what time the server (data centre) broadcasts the quotes, winter or summer?

Because this is redundant information. If you want to maintain it, you need disk space and other computing resources to store/maintain it.

You can write yourself a function to determine the moment of transition. We are not going to provide such information, because only you and two or three other people need it.

So, it is just another piece of literalism.

Yedelkin:

If the user is comfortable referring to the server's trading time, questions arise: To which time zone does this time refer and is daylight saving time used for this time zone?

If a user suddenly has this question, they can quickly solve it on their own. Two lines of code.

stringo:

Because it is redundant information. If you want to maintain it, you need disk space and other computing resources to store/maintain it.

You can write your own function to determine the moment of transition. We are not going to provide such information, because only you and two or three other people need it, nobody else.

OK, I see.

stringo:

Well, it is just another bibliophobia.

But it was you who suggested that I should study the language :) And as soon as I asked a question which had been raised by you for a long time while studying the language you immediately put me in the rank of another letter-writer :)

stringo:

Yedelkin:

If the user is comfortable with the server's trading time, they will have questions: to which time zone does this time refer and is daylight saving time used for this time zone?

If a user suddenly has this question, they can quickly solve it on their own. Two lines of code.

Please show how exactly "two lines of code" answer the question posed earlier, namely: isdaylight saving time used for the time zone to which the server trading time (quote time) refers? I would appreciate it.

Yedelkin:
Please show me how exactly "two lines of code" can answer the question posed earlier, namely whether daylight saving time is used for the time zone to which the server trading time (quote time) refers? I would be grateful.

TimeTradeServer
Документация по MQL5: Дата и время / TimeTradeServer
Документация по MQL5: Дата и время / TimeTradeServer
  • www.mql5.com
Дата и время / TimeTradeServer - Документация по MQL5

What a debate you've had here..... thank you all. Truth is born in an argument.

I have drawn the following conclusions:

The time to be quoted is:

Before October 28, 2012: CET = GMT+2 (Daylight Saving Time) this is the time the quotes have now.

After October 28, 2012: CET = GMT+1 (standard time (winter time)).

Thus, the Championship Server's Quotes will be shifted by 1 hour from Alpari's Quotes throughout the Championship (as the time CET = GMT+2 and Daylight Saving Time are used there).

I ask the organizers to confirm the correctness of my conclusions!!!

Reason: