Pure maths, physics, logic (braingames.ru): non-trade-related brain games - page 167

alexeymosc:

The bears have come. Why not? Proof?

The bear is stronger. He'll punch you in the ear, that's the proof.

It's a very old topic, and it's been around for a long time. Google it.

Mischek:

The bear is stronger. He'll punch you in the ear, that's the proof.

It's a very old topic, it's been around for a long time. Google it.

Matya will come and put everyone in their place.

Парадокс Монти Холла — Википедия
Парадокс Монти Холла — Википедия
  • ru.wikipedia.org
В поисках автомобиля игрок выбирает дверь № 1. Тогда ведущий открывает 3-ю дверь, за которой находится коза, и предлагает игроку изменить свой выбор на дверь № 2. Стоит ли ему это делать? Парадокс Монти Холла — одна из известных задач теории вероятностей, решение которой, на первый взгляд, противоречит здравому смыслу. Задача формулируется...

alexeymosc:
Matya will come and put everyone in their place.
I forget what that shit is called in the annals, something like "Choice ... (and then a French surname)".

Contender:

This problem is called the "Monty Hall paradox"

Right. .

Contender:

The probability doesn't increase. This nonsense is from some American film.

It will. No need to blather on :) they even wrote a software program to test it. Especially the non-believers.

But the mixer thing is stupid.

TheXpert:

It will grow. No need to blather on :) they even wrote a software program to test it. Especially non-believers.

But about the mixer is stupid.

alexeymosc:
For example, in the problem I mentioned there is nothing about the trickery of the presenter, i.e. the problem is formulated in the classic Monty Hall version.

The essence of this problem is that in fact it is two independent tasks with outcomes 1/3 and 1/2.

The result of the first choice means nothing.

But in principle, if someone wants to believe rather than think, that's their right.

Amen.

Contender:

The point of this problem is that it is actually two independent problems with outcomes 1/3 and 1/2.

But in principle, if someone wants to believe rather than think, that's their right.

Amen.

Why don't I just punch them in the ear?

Contender:

The point of this problem is that it is actually two independent problems with outcomes 1/3 and 1/2.

Amen.

Colleague, the repeated choice of the door is subject to conditional probability, that is, the events are not independent. That is the error in your reasoning. It is your right to continue to be wrong.

The solution is given in the same Wikipedia.

Reason: