Pure maths, physics, logic (braingames.ru): non-trade-related brain games - page 10

Mischek:
looking at the opposite MM two attempts are enough
Nah, 231 times is not for nothing.

TheXpert:
No, 231 times for a reason.

Why not two?

"one in front of the other" means that each knows the other's number.

They know the difference of 1 by convention.

That's not right.

Both MMs must have some kind of reference point. If they have, say, 70 and 71 on their hubcaps, how will they calculate it? 69, 70, 71 or 72?

MMs should only proceed from the information they have and calculate all the consequences by siding with the other MM and calculating his train of thought. That's the beauty of the task.

TheXpert: Не, 231 раз не зря.

Well you know you could put something else (but certainly not any) in the same way.

Mathemat:

Both MMs must have some kind of reference point. If they have, say, 70 and 71, how will they calculate it?

The MMs should only start from the information they have and calculate all the consequences by taking the other MM's side and calculating his train of thought.

so the task is to get two correct answers EVERYWHERE ? // a correct answer of the first must be followed by a correct answer of the second

Mischek: so the problem is to get two correct answers AT THE SAME TIME? // A correct answer of the first one must be followed by a correct answer of the second one.

It's not in the condition, it's your guess.

It is enough that at least one of them answers correctly. But if he's wrong, both go straight to the sausage factory.

Mathemat:

Both MM's must have some kind of reference point. If they have say 70 and 71 on their hubcaps, how will they calculate it ? 69, 70, 71 or 72?

MMs should only proceed from the information they have and calculate all the consequences by siding with the other MM and calculating his train of thought. That's the beauty of the task.

Well you know you could put something else (but certainly not any) exactly the same way.

No, I don't get it.

I got 70 on my forehead, you got 71.

Try one, I say 72. Wrong.

Try 2-- I say 70. Right

You say 71 - right // because you're opposite and you've heard my answers.

Does this correspond to the condition of the problem ? if not , in what way ?

Mischek:

No, I don't get it.

I got 70 on my forehead, you got 71.

Try 1-- I say 72. Wrong.

Try 2-- I say 70. Right

You say 71 - right // because you're opposite and you've heard my answers.

Does this correspond to the condition of the problem? If not, in what way?

You don't have to be wrong once and you are already wrong. Your way is to the sausage factory. And the other one, too.

P.S. Okay, I'm running away, I'll be back tonight after 10.

P.P.S. Silence is also information equivalent to ignorance.

Mathemat:
You don't have to make a single mistake, and you've already made one. Your way is to the sausage factory. And the other one, too.
And 231 times, what do they ask?

Mathemat:

P.S. OK, I'm off, I'll be there after 10 o'clock tonight.

Mm-hmm, no other way than to get a sausage from a teddy bear.

Mischek:
and 231 times then what are they being asked?

"What number is on your hubcap?" First one, then the other. That's TWO questions. The order in which the questions are asked is chosen by the occupiers, i.e. it is not rigidly set.

The megamos don't pass any other information to each other.

That's it, run away for good.

Reason: