Question on working with stops: classic on limiters + stops integrated into position - page 15

HideYourRichess:

That's how the patsies on the amex have it all worked out.

If the long:

sell limit above entry price - can be considered a take profit

sell stop below entry price - you may consider it a stop loss

if short:

buy stop above entry - can be considered a stop loss

buy limit below entry - can be considered a take profit

1. I kind of assumed that, no?

> As I understand it, when working with long positions, one has to use Sell Limit (above the current price and open price) + Sell Stop Limit (below the current price and open price).

2 Only then it remains to be understood what the order was given for?

> On the current situation with the Euro Sell Stop Limit with the price 1.24 and order price 1.30 What exactly was my order for?

If I understood correctly, in this case when the price reaches 1.24, the Sell Limit at 1.30 will be activated?

PS

I have understood my mistake. I really need to make a bunch of two Sell Limit orders from simple stops and Limits.

That was probably the idea of MT5.

HideYourRichess:

That's how the Patsas at the amex have it all worked out.

Why don't the amber guys see how things work on the forex? :)

HideYourRichess:

That's how the patsies on the amex have it all worked out.

If the long:

sell limit above entry price - can be considered a take profit

sell stop below entry price - you may consider it a stop loss

if short:

buy stop above entry - can be considered a stop loss

buy limit below entry - take profit

what is there to see? it was there from the beginning and there are no other options

the only thing is that you have to do a little bit of simple programming to fix the os

HideYourRichess:

This is how the patsas at the amex have it all worked out.

Guys, don't be stupid.

we're talking about setting a couple a la CCA orders in the bystop

I am explaining, guys, that you cannot put a Sell-slimit as a stop-loss on this bypass if the current price is below the required stop-loss.

got it?

Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Торговые константы / Свойства ордеров
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Торговые константы / Свойства ордеров
  • www.mql5.com
Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Торговые константы / Свойства ордеров - Документация по MQL5

sergeev:

Guys, don't be stupid.

we're talking about setting a couple a la CCA orders in the bystop

I'm explaining, guys, that you can't put a Sell-slimit as a stop-loss on this bypass if the current price is below the required stop-loss.

got it?

If you want to know the exact number of points, what should be opened/closed and in what order. Otherwise we may really start a vegetable garden with the neighbours :)

In general, in light of the Sell Limit andSell Stop Limit logic available, I have not thought of anything better than using them to put in a CU and then trawl.

For trawlers I think they are ideal.

sergeev:

I'm explaining, guys, that you can't put a Sell-slimit as a stop-loss on this bypass if the current price is lower than the required stop-loss.

understand?

now i don't get it - why would i set such a selimit? then we should look for another price for the stop loss

abolk:
Now I don't understand - why would you set such a selllimit?
I also don't understand what I should have done initially and why these orders were chosen.

Interesting:
It is also unclear to me what was initially to be done and why these particular orders were chosen.
It's just that the topic was originally started by the topicstarter in a hysterical fit - and now everyone is confused

Everything is the same as before, we have such a flexible order system that everything has to be placed in the EA. In my opinion, the best option today would be to open a position, place a stop loss with a stop order, and take the profit with an EA (if the time frame is relatively small).
Reason: