MQL5 training - page 14

220Volt:
Maybe I don't understand something, but I believe that not every task can be (efficiently) applied to OOP, there must be a branching of objects. And if there is no branching, then the OOP of five is at the level of include files in four.
I'll answer for myself. OOP allowed me to develop a multi-currency EA. I haven't even thought about it when using the "procedural style". I haven't used OOP to a single currency EA.

Yedelkin:
I will answer for myself. OOP made it possible to develop a multi-currency EA. When using the "procedural style" I didn't even think about it. I haven't used OOP to a single currency EA.
This is something new. OOP and procedural programming is nothing more than a methodology. According to you, the OOP and PP functionality in mcl5 are different, which is wrong.

Yedelkin:
I will answer for myself. OOP made it possible to develop a multi-currency EA. When using the "procedural style" I didn't even think about it. I haven't used OOP to a single currency EA.
A couple of words about the four: you can execute (code) an object in the include file, it has its own private members and functions (we don't call them) and public functions, this inluder has functions Attach() and Detach(), well, isn't it a class? And this is already a certain level of abstraction. In my opinion, the advantage of OOP will be seen when inheritance and virtual functions can be applied.

abolk:
According to you, the OOP and PP functionality in µl5 are different, which is not true.
I did not say that. This is your conclusion. My words are that OOP motivated me to create a multi-currency Expert Advisor. And that such thoughts didn't occur to me while working in the "procedural style". I can't say anything about the differences in functionality of OOP and PP, because I haven't matured to that level of abstraction. Probably, I expressed myself incorrectly the first time, not knowing the peculiarities of this abstraction/methodology.

220Volt:
A few words about quadruple: you can execute (code) an object in an include file, it has its own private members and functions (we don't call them), and open functions, this inluder has Attach() and Detach() functions, so what's not a class? And this is already a certain level of abstraction. In my opinion, the advantage of OOP can be seen when we can apply inheritance and virtual functions.
I'm lucky, I'm not familiar with Quartet :) That's why I can't compare, but I understand your considerations. As to "In my opinion, the advantage of OOP will be clear when we can apply inheritance and virtual functions" - this is what inspired me to create a multidimensional Expert Advisor. Whether I was able to realize all the power of OOP is unlikely, but from the application sense I succeeded in it and liked it.

220Volt:
When do you trade? :) (rhetorical question).
That's why the community is divided into Morlocks and Elloi :)

220Volt:
A few words about the 4: you can execute (code) an object in an include file, it will have its own private members and functions (we don't call them), and open functions, this inlude has functions Attach() and Detach(), well, what else is not a class? And this is already a certain level of abstraction. I think the advantage of OOP can be seen when you can apply inheritance and virtual functions.

And what to do in 4 when you need a second, and later a fifth instance of this "inlude-object" ? :))

Been there, done that, thank you, I don't want any more.

Good luck.

MetaDriver:

And what to do in 4 when you need a second, and later a fifth instance of this "inlude-object" ? :))

I've been there, I know, thank you, I don't want any more.

Good luck.

I'm not even trying to answer flooded questions on the topic "you may do without OOP".

I'm just bored. If people want to go without OOP no one is holding their legs, let them rack their brains until they get a brain dislocation.

MetaDriver:

We've been there, thank you, I don't want any more.

Good luck.

There is :). Speaking of myself, I have such "objects" saved and downloaded. It has solved the problems I had set for myself. Everything works, I'm happy with it.

Urain:

I'm not even trying to answer the "you can do it without OOP" flood questions.

It's just a bummer. If people want to go without OOP, no one is holding their legs, let them rack their brains until they get a brain dislocation.

OOP is good, as well as Loki :) consequently, so is MT4 with procedural programming (IMHO).
Reason: