MQL5 training - page 18

Vladix:

I don't see what's so difficult about a normal lock emulation...?

Let's say a buy position on EURUSD was opened at the wrong time, you need a lock to wait out a negative move. We could not open a sell position for EURUSD directly, as it would lead to a taking of a loss.

Solution: we open two locking positions, selling GBPUSD and selling EURGBP.

The principle, I hope, is clear. As well as how to use this lock.

Ach mein Gott!

I'm an old donkey, I'm not mature enough yet :-))

Such things can probably do abolk

Ach mein Gott!
Ach mein Gott!
  • www.urbandictionary.com
Translating from Germain litterally as "Oh my God!". Note the backthroat sound in ‘ach’, same as in ‘ich’, ‘Loch Ness Monster’, and similar to ‘Chanukah’(note the 'C'). Like 'Kahnukah' though without the full 'K'..

You evil ones... wanted to show you how to code O.C.O. warrants... but I think I'll refrain...

denkir:

You are evil... I wanted to show you how to code O.C.O. orders... but I think I'll refrain...

You are simply overloading the video with information that needs to be presented differently.

Use a compilation: video - presentation - normal file. For each element, you put the appropriate load. There are moments that are quicker to show than to read a long manual.

Find a reasonable compromise.

But what you have shown today is boring. And this boredom loses interest in perhaps interesting things.

You have emphasized a long explanation of the obvious. And listeners are interested in the result. Videos have a lot of shortcomings: no table of contents, no ability to leaf through, ineffective eye strain. A video is good just for point-by-point explanation. And a short video at that.

In the beginning (when it was a novelty) people looked at the video-lessons as a novelty and spent a lot of time on them, but practice has very quickly shown the ineffectiveness of video-lessons. Video lessons as a method of delivering the material fell into oblivion.

You were correctly prompted with a presentation. Presentation tools allow you to make the explanation of the material more effective.

Video is well used only when you want to show not a static picture, but a dynamic one.

abolk:

You are simply overloading the video with information that needs to be presented differently.

Use a compilation: video - presentation - normal file. For each element, you put the appropriate load. There are moments that are quicker to show than to read a long manual. There are moments that are more effective to show than a long explanation with words.

Find a reasonable compromise.

But what you have shown today is boring. And this boredom loses interest in perhaps interesting things.

You have emphasized a long explanation of the obvious. And listeners are interested in the result. Videos have a lot of shortcomings: no table of contents, no ability to browse, ineffective eye strain. Video is good just for point-by-point explanations. And it's a short video.

forgot about the boobs

Mischek:
I forgot the boobs.
How could you forget them? Summer's coming, there'll be plenty of tits to look at.

denkir:
Did you choose EURUSD and USDCHF based on the fact that these pairs go together? If so, why don't you say anything about it? And there is no guarantee that positions will be closed simultaneously on both pairs (or rather on the second pair, where it is required), and the point value is different. IMHO it is better to do analysis on two pairs, and enter with your targets for each pair (if I understood your idea correctly).

papaklass:
Can I ask you a question? What is the fundamental difference between procedural programming and OOP? In a few words, that is, the essence of the difference.

Sounds like an exam question :) I suppose any decent C++ textbook will give a good answer. Since I haven't mastered any such textbook, I'm unlikely to be able to clarify the situation competently. At the same time, judging by this forum, there are competent experts who can answer such a question, as they say, right away.

If the question is about my personal experience, I will answer, but very unscientific and subjective.

papaklass should be careful, he's on the pill now :)

denkir:

Do you have a better idea than mine on how to emulate it? Then share it...

What's in the video has nothing to do with locs. Nor does it have anything to do with solving the problem of why locs are needed.

TheXpert:
What's in the video has nothing to do with loci. And it has nothing to do with solving the problem that needs locs either.
and there's no boobs in it ((
Reason: