MQL5 training - page 4

Mischek:

1.What's "Coming"? It makes more sense to put the first free lesson right here, in order to attract as much attention and interest as possible to the others.

2. so there is no criterion.

3 . And how do you protect against copying (hoarding purchases ? )

1. "That's about it" means that there will always be unscrupulous consumers. As for the free lesson, I'll think about it. I'll probably make a video. Thanks for the tip.

2. The criterion is the feedback of those who have gone through the training. If you went to, say, a lecture. You didn't like it. Would you post on an open forum that it was good?

3. you need to think about it, there's no solution yet...

denkir:
absolutely free != make money from it
you don't understand, it's MQ who will pay you, he's talking about that option.

Man, the laziness of the people is amazing. I have an experience in programming at Hello Programmer level. I have mastered five in about two weeks using articles, help and forums. If you take my IQ as a norm, it should take a normal person three days, a week maximum.

That's denkir.

You should start with the philosophy of PLO, I know. I am not sure what to do when you start to learn the basics.

ivandurak: Man, the laziness of people is astounding. Having experience in programming at the level of Hello Programmer. From articles, help, forum, I mastered five in about two weeks. If you take my IQ as a norm, it should take a normal person three days, a week maximum.

And if people don't even have that experience - not even Hello World in nice windows, but without any OOP?

As if you don't know that for most people programming is... Well about the same as for me "Scientific Communism" (the first attempt of passing the state ended with "D", because I did not want to know it and did not prepare for the exam - because of the complete incomprehensibility of this science to me)?

Mathemat:

And if people don't have that experience either - not even Hello World in nice boxes, but without any OOP?

It's like you don't know that for most people, programming is... about the same as for me "Scientific Communism" (the first attempt to pass the state ended with a "D", because I did not want to know and did not learn it because of the complete incomprehensibility for me)?

You could go a little further. I can't stomp on the keyboard for beginners, for dummies, a step-by-step guide. If a person can not master even that, he should be carried on his arms, for it is a chicken carrying someone profits, at least at paid lectures. That's what I say, the laziness is amazing.

Judging by the fact that we are communicating with you you have passed the Scientific Communism diploma. They didn't give diplomas without Scientific Communism as a matter of principle. In my case it was worse, we had a teacher, Stalina Konstantinovna. She wore a red skirt and a leather jacket and smoked exclusively Belomor. Not a single blood donation point did that.

ivandurak: If a person is unable to master even that, he should be carried on his hands, for he is a hen carrying a profit to someone, at least at paid lectures. That's what I say, the laziness is astounding.

I used to teach computer science to future industrial engineers. My minimum mark was a "C", because I didn't want to bother with people who didn't give a shit about it, and "D" wouldn't solve anything. Well, maybe a little frightened - but only to the extent of making me tense a little, and then immediately squeeze out all this nightmare with another batch of knowledge for the next exam.

Let's hope that the lectures of the topic-starter will be listened to by interested people.

Mathemat:

And if people don't have such experience - not even Hello World in nice windows, but without any OOP?

I agree with ivandurak. There is enough material in the Articles for beginners + there is a forum with questions/answers. The willing and able with such informational saturation, any course will be listened to, if he will listen to it, at the level of Hello World. Positioning MQL5 courses as programming courses is questionable success.

Judging by the course program:

1. Introduction lecture on MTS, MetaTrader5 and MQL5
Basics of MQL5 and MetaEditor
3. MQL5 applications
4. Variables in MQL5
5. Operations, operators and functions
6. Programming of Trading Operations
7. Market position management
8. User indicator
9. Trading adviser

Practically applicable interest starts at lectures 8-9, and before that it's just babbling of no interest to anyone.

You should not start with a list of lectures, but with the aim of the course. And from the aim of the course a list of lectures should be compiled.

Based on the announced list of lectures, the course purpose is to introduce the MQL5 language syntax and how to work with MT and the editor. Who needs such courses? The people want to listen to a lecture today and write an Expert Advisor or an indicator today. And the given topics - they can realize their interest only at 8th or 9th lesson.

If the author has written that there will be some homework, it is not clear to me, if we are speaking about Expert Advisors and indicators only in lectures 8-9, what will be the homework after the lectures 1-7?

Do not forget that MQL5 is first of all a language that describes a trading strategy, and only then an applicable programming language. And the interest of the students is not in "the possibilities of the terminal, the editor and the syntax of MQL5", but in "how to write EAs and indicators".

I looked at the Kovalev's manual https://book.mql4.com/ru - there is the same approach. First, there's a reference book which puts any beginner into a stupor "I'll never master this", and then the examples show how to do something. I wonder who this textbook is written for? Beginners will not even be able to absorb a couple of chapters because they will not understand anything.

Take the first programming textbooks: Valvachov on Pascal, Kernighan and Ritchie on C. There, the syntax and features of the terminal and editor are given in passing, as in between. One should speak about syntax and constructions when a trainee is ready to understand this information. And the trainee is ready to accept this information when he or she understands that he or she knows some things, when the Expert Advisor he or she has written trades, when the indicator he or she has written draws.

You should not confuse reference books and textbooks. You look through modern textbooks and think what did the author wanted to tell people? That he is so smart? That he has studied the language down to the very last detail? Well, the flag in his hands. A textbook should provide information so that the learner can learn, not get overwhelmed. A reference book should be consistent in describing subtleties and nuances in an indexed and thematic order. No one needs a book that mixes a reference book and a textbook. And courses structured in this way are no use at all.

I support the idea of courses, the courses are necessary and 300 rubles per lecture is acceptable. However, I doubt that such courses would be successful, interesting and in demand. Courses are not presented as a list of lectures. There has to be a clear, detailed programme: the name of the topic and, for each topic, a goal, objectives and an abstract.

Alexei asked above: 'Where can I read it'. A correct and reasonable question. If the courses are to be read, explained and answered, then the lectures should be pre-published, so that the listener can prepare in advance, to prepare questions. How are the courses and lectures structured in the training institutions? A set of methodical literature is provided. And in the voiced case it is supposed: pay 300 rubles and you'll learn what I'm going to say.

If Renat said "a very good idea", then any courses should be given and presented in the form of a special service, where thematic webinars will be held. As is the case with many portals, the purpose of which is "teaching".

Учебник по MQL4
  • book.mql4.com
Учебник по MQL4

Colleagues, thank you all for your comments and opinions. They are very different, sometimes contrary to each other. I will try to answer the most interesting ones in order, as far as I am able and have a free opinion.

MrGold166:
you don't understand, it's MQ who will pay you, he's talking about this option.
MrGold166, this option would be the best, imho. First, there would be control from the founding company and the developer of MQL. Second, the popularization of the language would grow. The copyright issue still needs to be resolved...

ivandurak:

Man, the laziness of the people is amazing. I have an experience in programming at Hello Programmer level. I have mastered five in about two weeks using articles, help and forums. If I take my IQ as a norm, it should take a normal person three days, a week maximum.

ivandurak, people should always have a choice .No one forbids the curious to study the subject on their own. Some need help. Some don't...

Imho, I know from my own experience, one should start from the philosophy of PLO. It is harder to accept OOP later, some trigger in the brain is not zeroed in any way.

I have already held several lectures. I think the subject of OOP will not be covered during the basic course. The issue is closed.
Reason: