Questions from Beginners MQL5 MT5 MetaTrader 5 - page 717

Vitaly Muzichenko:
It might be worth showing the formula for calculating when a value of "A" is positive, because it's not clear what we're talking about

Why isn't it clear? There is the current price value "C" and the appropriate current MACD value "A". By what "dC" value should the price change on the current bar if the MACD value on this current bar changes to "dA"?

Leo59:
Renat, thank you, of course, for your participation.... But, the question was about something else:
There is a MACD in the indicator window, which has some "A" value calculated on the current price. What should be the formula to calculate the price value, if the current MACD value would become "-A" ?

I showed you the wiki. There are formulas there

Renat Akhtyamov:

I showed you the wiki, it has the formulas

The answer to my question is in the reverse conversion of those formulas, which, as you correctly pointed out, are written everywhere, including on the "wiki".
I'm too lazy to "reinvent the wheel", but apparently I have to.

Leo59:
The answer to my question is in the reverse conversion of those formulas, which, as you correctly note, are written everywhere, including on the "wiki"
Lazy to "reinvent the wheel", but apparently I have to.

You are right.

Your problem is solved from the end. That is, you take the formulas for calculating the indicator and find the answer.

Renat Akhtyamov:

You are right.

Your problem is solved from the end. That is, take the formulas for calculating the indicator and find the answer.

Interesting.... But on the merits of this question, can anyone say something constructive?

Renat Akhtyamov:

Finally! Problem solved.

int j=0;
start()
{
      j=j+10;
      SetIndexShift(0,j);

Everything works on MT4

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!

Since the question is in the mql5 section, the answer was about it...

Leo59:
Interesting.... But on the merits of the question, can anyone say something constructive?

Whatever the question, that's the answer.

What do you want the result to be? If I guessed it, just multiply the result by -1.

Alexey Viktorov:

..... If I guessed it, just multiply the result by -1.

And if I didn't guess, then what ?
It's a shame that in the last 5-6 years, the forum has turned into .....

Leo59:
And if you didn't guess, then what ?
It is a shame that over the past 5-6 years, the forum has turned into ......
And if you don't guess, the question is the answer.

Leo59:
And if you don't guess, then what?
It's a shame that over the last 5-6 years, the forum has turned into .....

MACD is the difference of 2 MAs

If the result is negative, it does not mean you can predict the future price, just that one of the MAs is higher than the other at the moment.

Each of the 2 MAs is the average price over the period defined in the MACD parameters

Place 2 MAs on the chart. If you analyse which one is higher/lower, you will get the MACD

Was it difficult to understand this from the wiki?

And the forum has given a chance to those who try to figure it out for themselves.

It used to be shameful, now it is not. We are on the forex market in order to make money.

So it's okay.

Reason: