Questions from Beginners MQL5 MT5 MetaTrader 5 - page 1298

Vladimir Karputov:

Here is the working code:

the script doesn't want to draw - it draws in the Expert Advisor

Figure

SanAlex:

The script doesn't want to draw - it draws in the Expert

I gave the script without checks - can't you see? If the data is not received, there is no output without drawing. Plus, the script needs to be MANUALLY applied to the chart, not through the "Test online" button.

Vladimir Karputov:

I gave the script without checks - can't you see? If no data is received - output without drawing. Plus, the script needs to be manually applied to the chart, not through the "Test online" button.

I'm just saying - otherwise smart guys like me will try it and say the script doesn't work.

Question, what is the magic number 10496?

I am running a slow optimisation with a full overshoot

Why is this number of passes still showing up, and not the number that actually happens with a full brute force?

Roman Sharanov:

Question, what is the magic number 10496?

I am running a slow optimisation with a full overshoot

Why is this number of passes still showing up, and not the number that actually happens with full brute force?

Foolproof. If you leave a billion passes, only your descendants in the seventh tribe will be able to see the result.

Vladimir Karputov:

Fool's protection. If you leave a billion passes, only your descendants in the seventh generation will be able to see the result.

What is the point of all this then - is not clear

Afternoon.

In MT4 indicator OnChartEvent() works fine, but in MT5 it won't. Is this a feature of MT5 or requires a special approach? I am specifically interested in working in the indicator.

Many thanks.

Piotr Storozenko:

Afternoon.

In MT4 indicator OnChartEvent() works fine, but in MT5 it won't. Is this a feature of MT5 or requires a special approach? I am specifically interested in working in the indicator.

Thank you.

No. In MT5, OnChartEvent() works fine without any problems. The question is what is executed in this function. If it handles graphical elements, yes, it will not work.

Alexey Viktorov:

No. In MT5 OnChartEvent() works fine without any problems. The question is what is being executed in this function. If graphic elements are being processed, then yes... it won't work.

Thank you.

I just want to clarify:

CHARTEVENT_OBJECT_CLICK, CHARTEVENT_OBJECT_ENDEDIT, CHARTEVENT_OBJECT_CREATE, CHARTEVENT_OBJECT_CHANGE, CHARTEVENT_OBJECT_DELETE are events that handle graphic elements,

but CHARTEVENT_KEYDOWN, CHARTEVENT_MOUSE_MOVE, CHARTEVENT_MOUSE_WHEEL, CHARTEVENT_CLICK, CHARTEVENT_CHART_CHANGE do not and can we use the result of these events OnChartEvent() in the strategy tester of MT5?

Piotr Storozenko:

Thank you.

I just want to clarify:

CHARTEVENT_OBJECT_CLICK, CHARTEVENT_OBJECT_ENDEDIT, CHARTEVENT_OBJECT_CREATE, CHARTEVENT_OBJECT_CHANGE, CHARTEVENT_OBJECT_DELETE are events that handle graphic elements,

but CHARTEVENT_KEYDOWN, CHARTEVENT_MOUSE_MOVE, CHARTEVENT_MOUSE_WHEEL, CHARTEVENT_CLICK, CHARTEVENT_CHART_CHANGE are not and the result of these events OnChartEvent() can be used when the indicator program in the strategy tester of MT5?

You have to check in the debugger. I can't say for sure.

Reason: