Questions from Beginners MQL5 MT5 MetaTrader 5 - page 813

User_mt5:
Pressed and pressed F1, couldn't find...

Can you please tell me how to determine _Digits for another character?

https://www.mql5.com/ru/docs/marketinformation/symbolinfointeger
Документация по MQL5: Получение рыночной информации / SymbolInfoInteger
Документация по MQL5: Получение рыночной информации / SymbolInfoInteger
  • www.mql5.com
2. Возвращает true или false в зависимости от успешности выполнения функции.  В случае успеха значение свойства помещается в приемную переменную, передаваемую по ссылке последним параметром. Если функция используется для получения информации о последнем тике, то лучше использовать SymbolInfoTick(). Вполне возможно, что по данному символу с...

Alexei, you are a miracle worker. Now I'll sleep at night instead of tossing and turning!))
Thank you.

PS Now, it's true what they say, you have to train harder to press F1.

User_mt5:

Alexey, you are a miracle worker. Now I'll sleep at night instead of tossing and turning!)
Thank you.

PS It's true what they say, you should train harder to press F1.

Pressing F1 will open help. If you can't find the answer there straight away, look it up - it's not like Alexey will do it for you "for the rest of your life" every time.

ZS. I should have advised the Reset button... I'll correct myself next time.

Artyom Trishkin:

Pressing F1 will open help. If you didn't find the answer there straight away, look it up - it's not like Alexey will do it for you "for the rest of your life" every time.

The help is not complete, fundamental things are not described,for example:

bool  PositionSelect( 
   string  symbol      // Symbol name 
   );

For the "netting" interpretation of positions (ACCOUNT_MARGIN_MODE_RETAIL_NETTING and ACCOUNT_MARGIN_MODE_EXCHANGE), only one position can exist for a symbol at any moment of time. This position is a result of one or more deals. Do not confuse positions with valid pending orders, which are also displayed on the Trading tab of the Toolbox window.

If individual positions are allowed (ACCOUNT_MARGIN_MODE_RETAIL_HEDGING), multiple positions can be opened for one symbol. In this case, PositionSelect will select a position with the lowest ticket.

Here's how to select, with this method, not the lowest, position, buthigher, if the lowest is always selected.

SILVERPRINT:

The help is incomplete, the fundamental things are not described,for example:

Here's how to select, with this method, not the lowest, position, butthe highest, if the lowest will always be selected.

PositionsTotal()

PositionGetTicket()

PositionSelectByTicket()

SILVERPRINT:

The help is incomplete, the fundamental things are not described,for example:

Here's how to select, with this method, not the lowest, position, buthigher, if it will always be selected lowest.

How is it not described if you quote a note from the documentation? What can be unclear about it? In such cases, I recommend that you go to the table of contents and read the available functions and their brief description there.

PositionSelectByTicket

It selects the open position for further manipulation thereof according to the specified ticket

PositionGetTicket

Returns the ticket of the position according to the index in the list of open positions

Then go to the function description and select the one that suits your requirements best.

Artyom Trishkin:

PositionsTotal()

PositionGetTicket()

PositionSelectByTicket()

It is better to remove this method completely, when you change it tohedging, there will be problems with the Expert Advisor. It is better to leave theGetSellsFomSymbol type,it is more intuitive

How do you copy signals if the provider is not in dollars but in Zimbabwean dollars,for example?

Artyom Trishkin:

Pressing F1 will open the help section. If you didn't find the answer there straight away, look it up - it's not every time Alexey will do it for you "for the rest of your life".

Yes, you do it, please. You're just spewing bile.
Next time, just take it easy. Don't waste your time pushing buttons. We'll manage without you. You're our adviser...

User_mt5:

Yes, please correct yourself. You're just spewing bile all over the place.
Next time, just take it easy. Don't waste your time pressing buttons. We can do without you. You're our adviser...

Where did you see the bile?

Just a tip. You got me confused with someone else, maybe?

Reason: