Questions from Beginners MQL5 MT5 MetaTrader 5 - page 346

Dear experienced traders. Please save time for a blind kitten.

A question about money management.

There are many tutorials on the net which say that MM is the key to success
and the story starts with a coin flip:
Even if we have no trading system and we open random trades, but we follow SL/TP=1/3, SL=Depo*1%.
It is highly probable that we will be in profit after 100 trades.

Tell me, surely someone must have made such a robot and tested it on historical data.
What are the realities of life? Where can I see it?
Thank you all in advance!

AlexanderD:

Even if we do not have a trading system and open random trades, but we keep SL/TP=1/3, SL=Depo*1%

Tell me, surely somebody has built such a robot and tested it on historical data.
What are the real results? Where can I check it?
Unfortunately, life is not that simple. In reality the positioning of SL and TP in different proportions does not give any advantages. The systems based on it do not work. Good luck!

AlexanderD:

Even if we have no trading system and we open random trades, but we observe SL/TP=1/3, SL=Depo*1%

We are extremely likely to be in profit in 100 trades.

Firstly, MM has nothing to do with it. The profitability of a strategy with random inputs atSL/TP=1/3 depends only on the characteristics of time series in the context of SL or TP.

On a random series, which is a chart of quotes in the general case, the frequency of stop triggering in your case will be > 3 times greater than the frequency of profit triggering. There will be a smooth drain due to spreads and commissions.

PS

Less read forex tutorials on "profitable strategy" and so on. They are usually written by woe-beggars who have never made any money trading.

AlexanderD:
Dear experienced traders. Please save time for a blind kitten.

A question about money management.

There are many tutorials on the net that say MM is the key to success.
and it starts with a coin flip:
Even if we have no trading system and we open random trades, but we follow SL/TP=1/3, SL=Depo*1%.

Tell me, surely someone must have made such a robot and tested it on historical data.
What is the reality of life? Where can I see it?

Take a look here.

Умный манименеджмент
Умный манименеджмент
  • www.mql5.com
Занимаюсь с отладкой/доработкой советника, не хватает использование хорошего манименджмента. - - Категория: общее обсуждение

Throw in a link to a normal EA to download. Or let's say "adequate" at the start.

Can you tell me how to rent an EA on MT4?

720105831:
Can you tell me how to rent an EA on MT4?

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Programs in Market can be rented - it's cheaper than buying!

barabashkakvn, 2015.03.05 12:05

The lease is working. You need to update your MetaTrader 4 terminal to build 777. To update you need to connect to the MetaQuotes-Demo trading demo server.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Programs in Market can be rented - it's cheaper than buying!

barabashkakvn, 2015.03.06 08:35

How to open demo account on MetaQuotes-Demo server Connect to this account and reload the terminal. If there is an update, you will see a download (in the bottom right corner of the terminal).

How do I connect to the Metaquotes trading server?

720105831:
How do I connect to the Metaquotes trading server?
As with any trading server: login and password.

Hi all! Just signed up.

I can't understand why there are no quotes for metals here on the platform?

I, for one, am working on gold.

Reason: