OpenCL: internal implementation tests in MQL5 - page 16

fyords:

I have less specs too, although the implementation is hardwired.

Since you posted the screenshot, who has any say on the hardware?

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu.php?gpu=GeForce+GT+440

Everything becomes clear here.

PassMark - GeForce GT 440 - Price performance comparison
  • www.videocardbenchmark.net
Price and performance details for the GeForce GT 440 can be found below. This is made using thousands of PerformanceTest benchmark results and is updated daily. The first graph shows the relative performance of the videocard compared to the 10 other common videocards in terms of PassMark G3D Mark. The 2nd graph shows the value for money...

papaklass:

And the script from page 1 is not pulling. Scribes this error:

2012.02.11 03:41:27 OpenCL (EURUSD,M5) SaveBitmapToFile error opening 'Mandelbrot.bmp'

Look back 2-3 pages. I wrote what I did and it made it work. I had the same error before that too. And my video card is significantly weaker.

WChas:

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu.php?gpu=GeForce+GT+440

This is where it all becomes clear.

Thanks, was hoping for a better result.

I wanted to experience this power on my equipment as soon as possible!!! When will this option be available?

Why isn't anyone answering??? I'm waiting! I am very interested.

papaklass:

After installing the new drivers, re-run the performance test. Here are the results:

Before the driver update, "Graphics" was 1.0. So an improvement of 4.4 times. And the script doesn't work.

It's hard to tell. You have all the things I was missing before it worked. Have you installed the new drivers just for the video card? I also downloaded OpenCL SDK program from Intel website (processor manufacturer). Maybe for your processor need something similar. joo gave you a link a couple of pages ago too. Have a look at it.

papaklass:

Took the script from kodobase, ran it and got it:

2012.02.11 11:25:33 OpenCL (EURUSD,M5) OpenCL not found.

What is the problem? The terminal detects everything:

2012.02.11 11:21:29 Terminal CPU: AuthenticAMD AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 630 Processor with OpenCL 1.1 (4 units, 2812 MHz, 2048 Mb, version 2.0)

While the terminal rigidly uses OpenCL only on GPU, in the next build we will add automatic use of CPU when there is no GPU.

papaklass:

After installing the new drivers, re-run the performance test. Here are the results:

Before the driver update, "Graphics" was 1.0. So an improvement of 4.4 times. And the script doesn't work.

A one means that the rating has not yet been calculated.

Renat:
While the terminal rigidly uses OpenCL only on GPU, in the next build we will add automatic use of CPU if there is no GPU.
Will there be a speed selection between GPU and CPU? Or, if there is a GPU, that one would be used as it is definitely more efficient? Or, if there is both GPU and CPU, will it be possible to use both to get the most out of them?

tol64:
Will there be a speed selection between the GPU and the CPU? Or, if there is a GPU, will it be used, as it is definitely more efficient? Or, if there is both a GPU and a CPU, will it be possible to use both to get the most out of them?

Will be selected by power priority. GPUs first and CPUs last in the list.

All OpenCL will only be able to be used in different copies of the tester agents. Each of the agents will be able to automatically select a separate device, and if there are not enough devices, they will be shared.

The terminal itself will use the single most powerful OpenCL device.

tol64:
Will there be a speed selection between GPU and CPU? Or, if there is a GPU, should it be used as it is definitely more efficient? Or, if there is both a GPU and a CPU, will it be possible to use both to squeeze the maximum out?

Only specialized OpenCL code is executed on GPU , so your question does not make sense.

However, there is still a stock of vises that do not support GPU calculations and it is for them that OpenCL code calculation emulation on the CPU is done (which, as you can imagine, will be much slower).

MQ didn't really invent anything here; the support for such emulation is available in OpenCL itself; MQ only plugs the required modules into their interpreter.

Reason: