Market: pricing as a threshold of entry - page 3

Urain:

Cracking the code is not a criminal offence. Only copyright infringement is prosecuted,

Well, criminal or not criminal, it is usually written in the license agreement that the user must not reverse-engineer the product, including decompiling, and violation of that agreement must result in termination of use of the product (in a good way, the author would have to take it away from the user). Just because no one monitors it (because it's physically difficult) doesn't mean it can be done that way.

Mischek:
And formulate the essence of the question, succinctly, please
Pricing on the Market, in short ;-).

In all seriousness, I'm interested in market analysis tools (in the narrow sense of the market - here on the Market) to see if it makes sense to put something out there, especially if it's not EAs. So far it comes out that the buyer wants everything for $10 or free ;-), and I then don't really want to share (go to Market).

marketeer:
In all seriousness, I'm interested in market analysis tools (in the narrow sense of the market - here on Market) to see if it makes sense to put something out there, especially if it's not EAs. So far it appears that the buyer wants everything for $10 or free ;-), and then I don't really want to share (go to Market).

OK. You realise that if you sell an unlimited number of copies, you care more about maximising gross revenue than a "steep"

price per unit. "Better 10 times than never 10 times".

Mischek:

OK. You realise that in the case of selling an unlimited number of copies, you are more interested in maximum gross revenue than in a "steep"

price per unit. "Better 10 times than never 10 times".

It's been around for a long time, it's been written about here on this forum and I've mentioned it in this thread for the sake of order. Only it leaves the question open - how do we know how many will be willing? Maybe there will be "not once 10 times". It is unlikely that MCs will be happy if developers will litter a forum with polls like "who wants so-and-so for $10 - raise your hand". And if they don't, the Market will be littered. Basically, hardware will take it all.

marketeer:
- How do you know how many will be interested?

You can't. Calculating the optimal price is also a job. And it's quite complicated.

There are no sales statistics on the marketplace and there won't be any. There's nothing to be attached to.

There won't be big prices anyway. The monetary capacity of the average local buyer is low.

Try looking for something similar in the service work and peg it to those prices.

If you overprice, someone will put the same thing in their solution for less money. // not punishable

If you think your product is great value, it's very likely that not many people will share your opinion.

Как заказать торгового робота на MQL5 и MQL4
Как заказать торгового робота на MQL5 и MQL4
  • MetaQuotes Software Corp.
  • www.mql5.com
С запуском сервиса "Работа" MQL5.community становится идеальным местом для размещения заказов и оказания услуг программирования. Тысячи трейдеров и разработчиков ежедневно посещают этот ресурс и с легкостью могут помочь друг другу. Для трейдера сервис "Работа" - это легкая возможность получить свой собственный эксперт. Для MQL5-разработчика это возможность легко найти новых клиентов. В данной статье мы рассмотрим возможности этого сервиса.

I understand that we are mostly professional programmers here.

Is there even one person on this forum who is not a programmer to sell to?

gisip:

I understand that we are mostly professional programmers here.

Is there even one person on this forum who is not a programmer to sell to?

I am not a programmer. I can buy something).

gisip:

I understand that we are mostly the only professional programmers here

Nope, there's still a lot of unprofessional ones :)

Mischek:

Better 10 times once than never 10 times".

Yup, off the tongue. True, there will probably be several product categories --

1) service (stats, panels, handy and necessary libs, etc.),

2) Auxiliary (say a volume indicator for example)

3) Those that you should not buy (like different supertrends, MetaQuants, etc., etc.)

4) (probably) time-limited EAs from the category of normal EAs (like subscriptions), it is easier to sell signals, but not always. (I am referring primarily to neural network designers).

5) (doubtful) entirely working advisors from the category of normal (in case Mr. Beard Spiderider decides to sell :) )

6) other stuff (I hope it will not be so) -- like an assembly of +100500 profitable(! :))) ) indicators for 10.95 ))

7) (in case I forgot something)

So, (1) (2) (6) may well be (and will be for the most part) within 100.

(3) are not worth buying, so there is no point in talking about prices :)

(4) may also be in the normal range

(5) it's interesting to look at the prices myself :)

marketeer:

Only this leaves the question - how to know how many will be willing?

You can focus on similar products.

I plan to write exclusively (1)

By the way, I suggest all normal developers to write (1) (and possibly (2, 4 and 5)) in the form of an either/or, taking into account the compatibility with each other, so that it would be possible to combine a lot of functionality in one EA.

Mischek:
I'm not a programmer. I could buy something).
I doubt it!
Reason: