MetaTrader 5 Strategy Tester and MQL5 Cloud Network - page 15

In the next version, tester agents will not be able to work in the MQL5 Cloud Network, if they are launched under virtualizers or emulators (Virtual PC, VMWare, Virtual Box, Wine, etc.). This is done to minimize the possibility of corrupted performance ratings.

The normal server mode of running agents under virtualisers is fully preserved. This means that agents can be used in any form for their own needs.

Gentlemen, are there any plans for a Linux version of MetaTester?

otto4444:
Gentlemen, isn't there a Linux version of MetaTester planned?

Under Linux (via Wine) the terminal works, but there is a problem with the server network subsystem of the tester, which Wine does not fully emulate.

We are not planning to write a pure native application for Linux.

Renat:

Under Linux (via Wine) the terminal works, but there is a problem with the server network subsystem of the tester, which Wine does not fully emulate.

We are not planning to write a pure native application for Linux.

Thus, it turns out that all those who work in Wine under Linux "mess" with MQL5 Cloud Network?

Interesting:
Thus, it turns out that all those who work in Wine under Linux "get screwed" with MQL5 Cloud Network?

Yes, the current version allows working under Wine in MQL5 Cloud Network, but from the next build this possibility will be closed.

The agent usually works in two modes:

1. Standard server mode, when the agent opens the port (e.g. port 2000) and sits waiting for a connection from the terminal (this mode was not and is not supported by Wine due to incomplete support of asynchronous network operations in server functions)
  2. the client mode, when the agent connects to the cloud servers itself (this mode is supported everywhere, but we will close it for Wine)

What I meant here is not the terminal (if I've understood correctly, it's an application for a trader), but the tester that provides agents for MQL5 Cloud Network. Well, no so no...

otto4444:
I meant the tester that provides agents for MQL5 Cloud Network and not the terminal (if I've understood correctly, it is an application for a trader). Well, no so no...

Maybe in the future we will reopen this feature, but not yet.

Virtualizers/emulators pose a huge threat to the correctness of financial calculations when resource charges are enabled.

otto4444:
What I meant here is not the terminal (if I've understood correctly, it's an application for a trader), but the tester that provides agents for MQL5 Cloud Network. Well, no so no...
I also think that since they prohibit working in Wine, the tester itself (without the terminal) should be released under Linux.

Interesting:
I also think that since it is forbidden to work in Wine, the tester itself (without terminal) should be released under Linux.
The meaning of the statement is best clarified by replacing"release" with"rewrite".

Renat:

Maybe we'll reopen this feature in the future, but not yet.

Virtualisers/emulators pose a huge threat to the correctness of the financial calculations when resource charges are included.

Is it such a difficult task to make a direct agent manager for Linux (at least for the most popular ones)?

Renat:
The meaning of the statement is best clarified by replacing'release' with'rewrite'.
:) The point is.
Reason: