MetaTrader 5 and MetaTrader 4 - page 7

C-4:

xds, one piece of advice. Sit down with a pencil and paper and take apart the stats of two EAs step by step on a random sample. If prices and profits/losses are identical, then it really is poltergeist. And to accuse others of not wanting to help, when the drowning man's salvation is at least strange.

And in general, in the tests presented by you the second deal is already very different between EAs:

MT4: 3 2000.01.03 00:29 sell 2 0.10 1.00870 1.01020 1.00770

10 2000.01.03 00:52 s/l 2 0.10 1.00948 1.00770 -7.80

MT5: 2000.01.03 00:30 4 EURUSD sell at 0.10 1.00880 4 0.00 0.00 0.00 99 985.00

2000.01.03 00:45 5 EURUSD buy out 0.10 1.00780 5 0.00 0.00 10.00 99 995.00tp 1.00780

This is obviously not a coincidence of experts' logic. Apparently, the TP level of mt4 was not reached. We need to see why it didn't work with MT4 and worked with MT5.

Exactly. There is no coincidence of results. I also looked at it all. That's why I wrote this thread.

Why the discrepancy? My version about mt5 and mt4 being inconsistent, I've already announced it. My programmer has told me that everything is okay and he just does not get in touch.

But a lot of people talk about the history and the generation.

If we do not know for sure that even the test version is losing money (well, I think so), we may not make profit with a lot of different TPs and SLs and different timeframes.

C-4:

Most likely, the problem is with the tick generation mode. Apparently, your Expert Advisor uses the ineffectiveness of MT5 tick generation, which causes such a result. If you make dozens of deals per day, then just run it on a demo for a couple of weeks and compare the results with the same period on the MT5 backtest. However, a demo is not a real, I'm afraid the lack of real delays on the demo might not justifiably inflate the results, besides, not every broker filters the demo quotes stream. In any case, a 1-2 tick change in quote stream is fatal for your TS, so the TS is in principle a priori dead.
When testing on a demo, you can prescribe Sleep() before making a deal, thereby bringing the transaction closer to the real one.

xds:

2. what is a wpc? i don't know

there are many solutions, one of the possible ones here is OpenTraders

It wouldn't hurt to google about VPS as well...

Forex VPS / OpenTraders - профессиональное сообщество трейдеров Forex: аналитика, прогнозы, тестирование торговых советников Форекс, блоги трейдеров, рейтинг брокеров и ДЦ
Forex VPS / OpenTraders - профессиональное сообщество трейдеров Forex: аналитика, прогнозы, тестирование торговых советников Форекс, блоги трейдеров, рейтинг брокеров и ДЦ
  • www.opentraders.ru
Сообщество трейдеров Opentraders.ru предлагает VPS-сервера на основе Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V для размещения торговой платформы MetaTrader и советников FOREX.     Наше предложение является отличным решением для организации автоматической торговли! ПРЕИМУЩЕСТВА: Круглосуточная работа советника Отсутствие необходимости поддерживать...

marker:

Yedelkin:
Don't test with them!!! I've been told clearly that Alpari's story is still full of holes.

I do not agree, I repeat: you need to test where you opened a real account, why do I need "nice" quotes, left brokerage companies? You may have lost your keys but we have to look for them under the lamp at night.

Most likely you are forgetting the very obvious thing, namely: the presence of demo or real accounts does not guarantee that the dealer has a history that is suitable for testing/optimization. Particularly in the case of Alpari, it has already been proven that the history for testing/optimization is NOT very good AT ALL.

However, if you're so sure you're right, you can step on someone else's rake: https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/1227 Personally, it cost me 2.5 months of unhelpful testing.

the author of this thread is a real imbecile.

Post both experts and the forum will collectively tell you what the problem is. But this is a "buy an elephant!" kind of conversation.

Of course, I understand the secret development costs money, etc.. Although I'm sure neither MT5 nor MT4 will work in the black.

Reason: