Optimisation in the Strategy Tester - page 12

marker:
There, I get it now, thank you :)) But then why the difference arises, that's the question. MT4.
Not familiar with MT4. Follow Renat's advice :)

marker:
There, I get it now, thanks :)) But then why the difference arises, that's the question. IN MT4.

MetaTrader 4 doesn't store spreads on every bar, it uses the current one.

By storing detailed spreads on every minute bar the accuracy of MetaTrader 5 tester is much higher.

Renat:

MetaTrader 4 does not store spreads on every bar, but uses current spreads.

By storing detailed spreads on every minute bar, the accuracy of the MetaTrader 5 tester is much better.

Woott, getting to the point:))) Conclusion%: MT4 uses current spread (that's why they created all sorts of programs like "Take May Spread", to set a desired spread in MT4), MT5 has a different technology, but how does MT5 get what spread was, say, January 5? Although the problem at night was still, although I got tired of something mixed up, but I will definitely check again this weekend:))

marker:

... But how will MT5 know what the spread was on the 5th of January?

Through programming :) I sketched out a simple idea, it seems to work.
Files:
Spreads.mq5  2 kb

Yedelkin:
С помощью программирования :) Набросал простейшую идею, вроде работает.

Where to put it and how to use it:))

marker:
Where to put it and how to use it:))

Copy the file to the Scripts folder (similar to my path D:\Program Files\MetaTrader 5\MQL5\Scripts\Spreads.mq5), call MetaTrader from the terminal (F4), open the copied file in MetaTrader, compile it (F7), then open Navigator in the terminal (Ctrl+N) and run the file with the same name from the "Scripts" folder. In the "Input parameters" tab of the script, select the desired check interval. The results of the script will be displayed on the "Experts" tab of the terminal (Ctrl+T).

The terminal "Experts" tab (Ctrl+T) shows a limited number of results. You can view them all by placing the mouse cursor on any line of the "Experts" tab and selecting "Open" option from the context menu. A folder with the log files will appear. See the file for the current day.

Yedelkin:

Copy the file to the Scripts folder (similar to my path D:\Program Files\MetaTrader 5\MQL5\Scripts\Spreads.mq5), call MetaTrader from the terminal (F4), open the copied file in MetaTrader, compile it (F7), then open Navigator in the terminal (Ctrl+N) and run the file with the same name from the "Scripts" folder. In the "Input parameters" tab of the script, select the desired test interval. The results of the script will be displayed on the "Experts" tab of the terminal (Ctrl+T).

The terminal "Experts" tab (Ctrl+T) shows a limited number of results. You can view them all by placing the mouse cursor on any line of the "Experts" tab and selecting "Open" option from the context menu. A folder with the log files will appear. See the file for the current day.

All done like that, everything works, cool:)) Another question: ran it on m5 and on m1, how it calculates the spread and at what point in time (because a minute bar was full of ticks, hence the spread was different, and not clearly fixed to one minute)? After all, the spread is floating (5 alpari signs), it changes every second.

And another question: how do I force the terminal to update? Sometimes it prompts to update to a new build, but now it doesn't prompt and the quotes don't run, how can it be forced?

marker:

Another question: I ran it on m5 and m1, how does it calculate the spread and at what point in time (because the minute bar was full of ticks, hence the spread was different, and not clearly fixed in one minute)? After all, the spread is floating (5 alpari signs), it changes every second.

I see the question beforehand :) In the last paragraph. Maybe someone has understood it - then they will answer it.

marker:

And another question: how do I force the terminal to update? Sometimes it prompts to update to a new build, but now it doesn't and the quotes don't run, how can it be forced?

If you stand with the mouse on the chart and use the context menu to select "Refresh". But quotes can also be missing due to lack of communication.
Reason: