A tester without internet does not work. - page 5

alexvd:

What does it say in the agents' logs at this point?

I'd love to post the log file, But the problem was resolved after running MAKD for optimisation, so it's hard to get the cause of the error out now, but I'll be sure to report it...

Renat:

This is absolutely correct.

You have demonstrated that the terminal does not have a single account from which to take information. That is why the terminal does not show the data.

To make it work, set up an account, but do not save (or reset) the password.

This all makes perfect sense. The terminal behaves exactly as the developers intended.

But my suggestion is this.

The terminal has a \MT5\Bases\Default\History\ folder.

Why doesn't the terminal take the historical data for the charts from there, in cases where:

1. There is no account record. That is, you can open any charts (run the programs on them, testing and optimizing the Expert Advisors) and the data will come from the default server of MetaQuotes Software Corp, if there is an internet connection, and it will fill the data in the folder Default\History\.

2. There is no internet connection and "Development" mode or something similar is selected, in which information for the charts will be taken from "Bases\Default\History\".

Thus, we preserve safety of traders' accounts (as it is impossible to get access to the trading account without password) and meet the wishes of MTS programmers (who don't care whether there is connection to the Internet or not, they can work wherever they want, carrying the terminal with them and putting a folder with it on any computer)

joo:

Why doesn't the terminal take the historical data for the charts from there, in cases:

The root of the misunderstanding is that charts are not enough.

It is the market environment and symbol settings which are stored/cached and linked just to the account base which is important. The volume of market environment is really huge.

Therefore, it is sufficient to connect to a trade server at least once (and then reset the password) to cache the market environment locally on that computer and then start testing.

Renat:

The root of the misunderstanding is that charts are not enough.

It is the information about the market environment and symbol settings that is stored/cached and linked just to the account base that is important. The volume of market environment is really huge.

Therefore, it is sufficient to connect to a trade server at least once (and then reset the password) to cache the market environment locally on that computer and then start testing.

You can create a default market environment. There is a default folder with history.

And if the developers are very willing, even a user-configurable off-line marketplace environment (mmm.... is a dream...).

Dmitriy2:

It's ok, I suggested above a solution that suits everyone. Taking away the flash drive will not do anything, because HOWEVER, you will also need the computer from which this flash drive was opened by MT.

You are deluded into thinking that your decision suits everyone. Your solution suits you.

Imagine the trading room of a large company with 1,000 seats,

and the average trader who trades $50K puts in an MTS and takes a leak,

at this time an intruder goes to his computer and copies his MetaTrader to a flash drive and that is it, the owner no longer has control of his account

(Your neighbour, who stole your account, might as well make you a loss and thus come out the winner of the month),

I don't know why you need an account password.

Another option bribed sysadmin comes in through a remote desktop and just stupidly steals your account.

Then he hangs a trade copier on his account and uses your trading system without your knowledge.

What good will it be if you block the account when you find unauthorized actions, as they say, after a fight, do not wave your fists (and in the case of the copier, you do not even know about it).

And then with this kind of attitude to the security system, your passwords can be stolen not only from your account, but also from the trader's cabinet and your bank account. The only protection you have so far is the impracticality of cracking your passwords. Once you get rich, your relationship to security will change.

Accept the fact that you created this solution for you, without thinking about the problems that may arise for others.

I do not ask for more :o) , by the way if you have nothing constructive to say, you had better not answer.

Urain:

What do you think of my suggestion? I would like to know the opinions of other MTS developers, or am I alone in my desire?

joo:
What do you think about my suggestion? I want to know the opinion of other MTS developers, or am I alone in my desire?

I don't know the ins and outs of MetaTrader so I can't say if it's technically safe, if not then why not.

I think there's no harm in rewriting the quote history and making it available without a connection, but it's up to the MT developers to decide.

I do not think that this is so urgent, put the terminal on a flash drive as the top starters did (because somewhere you have got the same instalaya means a connection at least once with the internet was) immediately open the installation, put a password 111111 and do not bother, came on a new computer, type password 111111 and all the work. If you have an account only for work it is enough, another question that would put a password on the profile of MetaEditor, but so far developers MTS do not require such measures.

I think there are a lot of more pressing issues right now.

Urain:

I think there are heaps of more pressing problems right now.

I don't think there are more pressing problems.

I'm about to leave after the championships for a remote Siberian village in January.

Sitting in a rocking chair, covered by a green fluffy sheepskin blanket, with coals crackling in the fireplace and the creaking of age-old pines outside the window in a 40-degree frost, to write... no, not my memoirs. Just writing in MQL5.

Is it a pretty picture? It is.

But this picture is not destined to be written the way the author intended. MT5 won't work without internet.

PS. This post is, of course, a half-joke. But still - what if? ....

Urain:

You are under the delusion that your solution suits everyone...

...by the way, if you don't have anything constructive to say, it's better not to say anything.

Have you read carefully what I suggested? (on page 3, no post numbers here...)

"We need to add a memory of work on several computers, instead of remembering one as it is now. Of course, this is with the checkbox "save password" and ONE time you enter it on another computer.

I.e. we entered the accounts (when working with a flash drive) on one computer. When you connect to another computer passwords and accounts again need to enter, but now this computer will be remembered as the first.

ALL is exactly the same as it is now. Your horror stories will be just as impossible as now. It's just remembering more than one computer.

Dmitriy2:

Did you read carefully what I suggested? (on page 3, no post numbers here...)

"We need to add a multi-PC job, instead of just a single one as it is now. Of course, this is with the checkbox "save password" and ONE time you enter it on another computer.

I.e. we entered the accounts (when working with a flash drive) on one computer. When you connect to another computer passwords and accounts again need to enter, but now this computer will be remembered as the first.

ALL is exactly the same as it is now. Your horror stories will be just as impossible as now. It's just remembering more than one computer.

Not all the same, tm then you would have to introduce other encryption and security methods. Why, when you can make it easier - the data is transferred all, even about accounts (but on the other computer at first startup the password is cleared in any case).

If you work offline please, and who needs to trade let them enter the password...

PS

And remembering passwords and storing them securely is then a trader's issue (as it should be)...

Reason: