Strategy Tester. Millions in five months? - page 7

marker:

1) Why, after testing the Expert Advisor (the usual historical run), there is no tab with trade histories like there is in MT4?

Read the Help - MetaTrader 5 Help → Tester → Results:

Use the context menu to switch between modes of presentation of test results:

Transactions

When you switch to this mode, the tab will display the list of deals performed on trade requests of the Expert Advisor. The way they are shown is similar to the history of deals shown on the appropriate tab of the "Toolbox" window.

Orders

In this mode, the tab displays the list of orders sent by the Expert Advisor to the trade server during the testing period. Presentation of the list of orders is similar to the "History" tab of the "Toolbox" window.

Orders and Deals

In the mode of viewing all operations, orders and deals are displayed as a tree that shows how exactly the trade orders were processed.

In this mode, various statistics on the Expert Advisor's testing are displayed:

marker:

1) Why, after testing the Expert Advisor (usual historical run), there is no tab with transaction histories like there is in MT4?

there is.

It was hidden in the context menu.

Rosh:

Read Help - MetaTrader 5 Help → Tester → Results:

Got it, thanks, read it, everything is visible, just not used to it :))

marker:

Thank you gentlemen, all read, the only thing I want to clarify:

Forward period

This option allows you to check the optimisation results to exclude fitting at certain time periods. Upon forward optimization, the period specified in the "Set date" field is divided into two parts according to the selected forward period (half, third, quarter or own period where the start date of forward testing is specified).

The Expert Advisor is optimized on the first part of the period. After that the best runs are selected (10% in the full search of parameters or 25% with the genetic algorithm), and only they are run on the forward period. The results of the best optimisation runs for both periods can then be compared on the "Optimisation results" tab.

Once all settings are made, the "Start" button should be pressed. The testing or optimisation process will then be started.

I.e., let's say I want to forward from 01.01.2010 to 01.01.2011 (conditionally) and I want to forward only the last three months, it means we should set 1/4? Then variant two: I want to forward from 01.01.2010 to 01.01.2011 (conditional), but I want not one quarter of the segment to use as a forward, and I want to from 02 October to 01.01.2011, I just need to specify the date from 02 October (and no 1/2, 1/3, 1/4 specify?) Then it will forward from 01.01.2010 to 02 October 2010, and then will forward test from 02 October to 01.01.2011? Did I get it right?

Did I get it right?

By the way, when you open a demo account in MT5, even if you specify the leverage of 1:100 (when opening an account) it still opens an account with 1:500 leverage.

Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Информация о счете
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Информация о счете
  • www.mql5.com
Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Информация о счете - Документация по MQL5

sergeev:

is.

it's hidden in the context menu.

Yep, figured it out.

The only bad thing is that it does not show how much time is left until the end of the option.......

Jager:
Might be worth a look here.(My first grail.)
Thanks for the link - very interesting article.

marker:

The only bad thing is that it does not show how much time is left until the end of the option.......

It does. Double-click the tester window

marker:

I.e., let's say I want to forward from 01.01.2010 to 01.01.2011 (conditional), let's say I want to forward the last three months only, it means put a 1/4? date do not specify? Then variant two: I want to forward from 01.01.2010 to 01.01.2011 (conditional), but I want not one quarter of the segment to use as a forward, and I want to from 02 October to 01.01.2011, I just need to specify the date from 02 October (and no 1/2, 1/3, 1/4 specify?) Then it will forward from 01.01.2010 to 02 October 2010, and then will forward test from 02 October to 01.01.2011? Have I got it right?

Don't be surprised at the lack of an answer. There is a viewpoint on this forum that it is better to try a hundred times than to ask once. Therefore, those who have worked with the forward period may trivialise the answer to a question they know.

I myself have only worked with the forward period once (to try it out), similar to your second option. I have the same understanding of the rules for working with the forward period as you do.

Reason: