Errors, bugs, questions - page 2716

Fast235:

Sergey, didn't your tester produce different results then? and until Renat came in with his questions, for some reason you could not solve it yourself

for serious work there is a second terminal in the system, with a rarely updated build, you can check your crazy "bugs" there, but you need to learn to find errors in using MT itself without Renat.

Yeah, exactly ))))

Only then did Renate's team find the problem on their side and fix it.

The situation is similar, only, this time, there was no stabilizer update and the confusion occurred. I'm still looking for the problem on my side. If it hadn't been for the same problem someone else had, I would have kept quiet for now )))). But otherwise....

Сергей Таболин:

Yeah, exactly ))))

Only then did Renate's team find the problem on their side and fix it.

The situation is similar, only this time there was no stabilizer update and the problem occurred. I'm still looking for the problem on my side. If it hadn't been for the same problem someone else had, I would have kept quiet for now )))). But otherwise....

As far as I remember it was a different parameter in the tester, not a problem with the MT. Renat found out from the logs from your tester.

After that you should not be allowed to write problems at all.

Artyom Trishkin:

But ... miracles don't happen.
And if something happened to someone else's code, then (of course!) it's MetaQuotes that's to be blamed first... it's a local habit - a mantra: neyaneyaneya...

Exactly, miracles don't happen (let's take that as an axiom).

And I have learned from my own bumps not to blame MT for everything.

It's the second day I've been looking for the problem in myself. But, agree, if two sticks are sharpened in the ground with an orientation strictly North-South, it's quite strange to suddenly see that today they stand with an orientation (not an error of a couple of degrees) East-West...

The easiest thing to decide is that, suffering from sleepwalking, you moved them overnight yourself.... )))

Fast235:

as I recall, you had different parameters in your tester there, not problems in the MT. Renat found out from the logs from your tester.

After that you should not be allowed to write problems at all.

Read that thread to the end. Yes, there was a glitch on my end, but in the end the problem was found on the MQ side. And it was successfully solved.

So, perhaps it is better for you to prohibit writing "empty" comments? ;)

Сергей Таболин:

Read that thread to the end. Yes, there was a problem on my end, but in the end a problem was found on the MQ side. And it was successfully solved.

So, perhaps it is better for you to prohibit writing "empty" comments? ;)

As a prophylactic to the readers will do)

please delete the comments.

I work alone, I need someone to talk to.

Сергей Таболин:

So perhaps you should be forbidden to write "empty" comments? ;)

You should both be quarantined so you don't flub in this thread. Here's the place...

Alexey Viktorov:

You both need to be quarantined so you don't flub in this thread. This is the place...

Quiet, I don't get banned for less than a month,

now we need to help with the communication.

Сергей Таболин:

Exactly, miracles don't happen (let's take that as an axiom).

And I have learned from my own bumps not to blame MT for everything.

I've been looking for the problem myself for two days now. But, agree, if two sticks are sharpened in the ground with an orientation strictly North-South, it's quite strange to suddenly see that today they stand with an orientation (not an error of a couple of degrees) East-West...

The easiest thing to decide is that, suffering from sleepwalking, you moved them overnight yourself.... )))

Empty. Without the code, empty...

Without the code (even in three lines) it is nothing.

It is high time we made a rule: when we report about errors, or strange and unclear things, we attach a code which reproduces the problem we are reporting.

In any other cases, it is a flubbery off-topic, without anyone considering the problem.

This is a technical forum. It's a technical forum.

Artyom Trishkin:

Empty. Without code - empty...

No matter what sticks to argue about, but without code (even in three lines) - nothing.

It is high time we made a rule: if you report an error, or strange or incomprehensible thing, please attach a code which reproduces the problem you're reporting.

In any other cases, it is just flooding off-topic without anyone examining the problem.

This is a technical forum. This is a technical forum.

And when a person simply asks if any changes have been made that have caused the incomprehensible behaviour ..... It is sufficient to answer NO, they have not. And you don't need any code. What good will the code do if no one asks to find a bug in it and does not claim to have a bug.

Alexey Viktorov:

And when a person simply asks if there were any changes which caused the unclear behavior ...... You just answer NO. And you don't need any code. What good will the code do if no one asks to find a bug in it and does not claim to have a bug.

Changes to the beta version are made regularly.

What error did they lead to? Do you know? I don't.

The person writes about "miracles", not errors, and there are no such things as miracles:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Mistakes, bugs, questions

Evgeny Vlasov, 2020.04.20 14:35

A couple of weeks ago an EA built with mql5 stopped summing up open positions. After rebooting, restarting the program, recompiling the source code (no error), nothing has changed, the same positions are opened, but the summing does not happen, in addition they are not closed by reaching the required level of profit, set in the EA. Has something changed in the algorithm of opening and closing positions on mql5?

I don't know why he hasn't tested the beta.

However, you could have answered: "no, we did not". But it is clear - if the build of the terminal has not changed, what does it mean?

Hence the need for clarification. But this topic has gone on for ... Count how many pages.

Reason: