Errors, bugs, questions - page 580

papaklass:
In the tester I have created a template by the name of the Expert Advisor. Included a custom indicator in the template, put period separators, applied some graphical objects. Saved the template. Start the Expert Advisor in the Strategy Tester. I open a test chart and there are no changes, except for deals, which I saved in a template. I think it worked before.
In Five, templates only work in visual testing

Vict:

Explanation of the picture:

* A higher signal comes in, we open a buy position.

* A lower signal comes in, there is no point in taking a buy position now. My action in 4 is to lock in the profit stopLoss on levels 1, takeProfit after the older rebound. As the result, if market goes down, I'll take a part of my profit, if it goes back up I'll wait for the target level of three.

*What do I do in MT5? For example, I reversed a position to profit. How do I reopen my previous buy if the market rebounds? Would I entrust my EA to do it (not reliable, I want to place these commands on the server)? Should I place a BuyStop pending at levels 1? But what should I do if the price moves below the upper rebound, how should I remove it?

To what you have described, add position volumes, otherwise it is not quite clear. And in the figure, use arrows to indicate entry points. Or better yet, on the price chart depict the moves.

papaklass:
Are you planning to make the graphical objects created by the Expert Advisor during testing to be displayed in the Strategy Tester after the test run soon? Now it is not convenient to manually draw everything on the chart.

It's hard to say. If we do, it won't be soon.

And what is your problem with visualisation mode?

tol64:
To what you have described, add the volumes of the positions, otherwise it is not very clear. And use arrows to mark the entry points in the figure. Or better yet, on the price chart, show the moves.
Something like this
Files:
q9o50r17li2.png  46 kb

papaklass:
It's fine. But if you take a long period of time, it's very long.
You could skip to the end of the test (skip to date), then it would be much faster

Vict:
Something like this.
I apologise. I didn't read your first posts carefully. You would like some actions to be programmatically implemented on the trade server. There is no such feature at the moment. Pending orders may be limited in time, though. This may solve your need partially, but not completely. The full extent can only be done programmatically and under your maximum control. For example, a redundant second line of communication.
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Торговые константы / Свойства ордеров
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Торговые константы / Свойства ордеров
  • www.mql5.com
Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Торговые константы / Свойства ордеров - Документация по MQL5

Are the changes to MT5 centralised (apply to all the DCs) ?

or does each DT have its own version of MT5 ?

armas:

Are the changes in MT5 centralized (apply to all brokerage companies)?

Or each brokerage company has its own version of MT5?

As far as I remember from the discussions, brokerage companies have the right to decide for themselves when and to which release to switch to.

But by and large everything is unified and if the releases have no specifics one can trade with one terminal in different brokerage companies.

Of course you should be guided by the latest available releases (description of which is published on this forum).

Vict:
So like this
tol64:
Apologies. I have not read carefully your first posts. You would like to implement some actions programmatically on the trade server. There is no such possibility at the moment. Pending orders may be limited in time, though. This may solve your need partially, but not completely. The full extent can only be done programmatically and under your maximum control. For example, a redundant second line of communication.

1. I agree with my colleague - the easiest way to implement this is software with trader's control (possibly using a VPS, which is supposed to add reliability).

2. As for the "server" solution, if I understood correctly, you need something like CCA orders (mutually cancellable orders), without them it is so easy to solve this problem on the server.

Of course I could do VPS or some other twisted thing, Fours has already set a pretty high level, and if I move to something no worse (because I could do it all easier there). And then, in my opinion, the platform should be a friend to the trader, it is his "machine", and now you have to think how to get around it, then how to get around it.
Reason: