MetaEditor. Problems and solutions.

Why does ME change the date of the last edit of a file if no changes have been made to the file?

For me personally, this is IMPORTANT! For example, when downloading a file with program code, I immediately create a *.chm file, as a description of WHAT the file is, why it was downloaded, what needs to be understood in this file... in this regard, the sorting and ordering of files is set by date! such downloaded files with the description quite a large number, all at least have a couple, but if there are more files, then a prefix is created in the file name, indicating belonging to a GROUP of downloaded files. Recently I began to notice that the order of work to which used to - INVOLVES, i.e. files, *.mqh (in particular) and *.chm no longer located next to each other! chm file remains somewhere in the middle of the list, and the file mhq, after ONLY OPENING FOR REMARKING, moves to the end of the list!!!

why change the date of the file if it was not corrected, but only opened for viewing? is it possible NOT to change the file if nothing was done to it?

Cursor position and breakpoints are saved in the file along with the source code.

In the next build of the editor, let's make sure that when the cursor position and breakpoints are saved, the time of the last editing of the file is not changed.

Denis :

Cursor position and breakpoints are saved in the file along with the source code.

In the next build of the editor, let's make sure that when the cursor position and breakpoints are saved, the time of the last editing of the file is not changed.

Thank you.

Stumbled across the following by chance:

//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
//| Script program start function                                    |
void OnStart()
  {
      double a[];

Print(ArrayIsDynamic(a));
  }

gives

Unhandled exception 0xC0000005

Build 227

Kagoric :

Stumbled across the following by chance:

gives

Unhandled exception 0xC0000005

Build 227

This bug has been fixed. Wait for an update.

On the mql4-forum the topic of localization of mql in Cyrillic was raised,

My suggestion is not so radical, I would like to offer to make separate colours for text in Cyrillic and Latin.

The problem will arise from the definition of int Cca; and int Cca; It is quite different variables, but superficially indistinguishable.

So if you set e.g. Roman alphabet to black and Cyrillic to Navy, you will immediately see the difference in the editor.

Urain :

On the mql4-forum the topic of localization of mql in Cyrillic was raised,

My suggestion is not so radical, I would like to offer to make separate colours for text in Cyrillic and Latin.

The problem will arise from the definition of int Cca; and int Cca; It is quite different variables, but superficially indistinguishable.

So if you set e.g. Roman alphabet to black and Cyrillic to Navy, you will immediately see the difference in the editor.

Cyrillic highlighting will be available in the next update.

Denis :

Cyrillic backlighting will be available in the next update.

Thank you immensely...!

MetaEditor stopped starting today after an update

Time : 2009.12.11 14:13
Program : MetaEditor
Version : 500.218 (10 Nov 2009)
Revision : 15486
Processors : 2 x X86 (level 6)
Memory : 4192760/2816576 kb
Virtual : 2097024/1940028 kb

Reinstalling the terminal didn't help

In the logbook:

2009.12.11 14:13:35 Error Can't connect with editor.

vdv2001 :

MetaEditor stopped starting today after an update

The bug has been fixed, wait for an update

Maybe it's important for you!!!

I get an Error when there is a construction in the file

copied=CopyRates(Symbol(),0,td1,td2,rates);

When I put a remark on it everything runs.

And my question is why it does not highlightMqlRates? After all it is a built-in structure.

Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Структуры данных / Структура исторических данных
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Структуры данных / Структура исторических данных
  • www.mql5.com
Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Структуры данных / Структура исторических данных - Документация по MQL5
Reason: