Naive beginner's strategies. - page 3

Tag Konow:

The motivation of "gur trading" is clear, but how do they bypass testing? After all, the result of the strategy will be immediately visible. Or is it only about manual trading?

Peter, they do not teach the programming in mql4 with subsequent testing of the written EA. No, manual trading is taught to the masses. During the courses (a week or two) traders do not have enough time to understand the hypothesis. We had one in Kiev, with tours, called "Exchange University". They taught such a trading system there.

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

As a result, if I've been in the market, for example, for 7 years or so, there is less and less information for my needs, i.e. at a certain stage there is an option to find myself in informational vacuum and start to be engaged already in pure creativity, sometimes meeting lifeless bodies of conquerors of the same peaks, who have run out of oxygen for further ascent :) At this stage the trader experiences an enormous overload purely physically, on the background of the lack of ideas and new information, and he is all alone, since he has gone too far and there is no one to help. And then someone can get a second wind and reach his goal, because there's no turning back, too much is at stake. And someone will not be able to, and then he will be extremely frustrated, probably retire from business... but he will never forget about the market.

Yes, it's beautifully put. And true.

I understand your worries. But in my own way. After all, I do not trade. Working in development and programming I have long felt the need for a second wind).

Victor Ziborov:

Peter, they do not teach mql4 programming with subsequent testing of the written EA. No, manual trading is taught to the masses. During the course (a week or two) coursers do not have time to understand the divorce. We had one in Kiev, with tours, called "Exchange University". They were teaching such a trading system there.

But on MT5 in the robot constructor, you can quickly reproduce this strategy and check it in the tester, right? Or they prohibit it?)

ReTeg Konow:

But you can quickly reproduce this strategy in the MT5 robot constructor and test it in the tester, right? Or is it forbidden to them?)

First, they teach MT4, not MT5. And second, in two weeks, trainees hardly learn the basic buttons to switch timeframes, buy and sell buttons. The concept of pending orders: limit and breakout. They also deal with indicators, draw lines, increase/decrease and other most elementary things. In addition, they come with minimal computer literacy. Unscrupulous people take advantage of this situation.

Victor Ziborov:
First, they teach MT4, not MT5. And secondly, in two weeks, trainees hardly master the elementary keys to switch timeframes, buy and sell. The concept of pending orders: limit and breakout. They also deal with indicators, draw lines, increase/decrease and other most elementary things. In addition, they come with minimal computer literacy. Unscrupulous people take advantage of this situation.

Yes, you're right. They have almost no chance of not falling for this fishing pole.

Maxim Dmitrievsky:
Ludomania is when a person looks on history and thinks - I would buy here and sell here and earn 500%, and he starts to think that sooner or later he will be lucky anyway, and he inserts... ) It's a strategy based on gambling, using any tool at hand - whether it's a trend line or an indicator.

Even now I look at the history - here I would buy, and here I would sell, and I would definitely earn 500%.)

Another time I look and analyze losing trades of the TS. Here she has bought, and she is absolutely right, but the trade corresponds to the strategy and it is not TS's fault that the market went in the wrong direction. I.e. the trade is correct.

In general, such exercises on the history are very useful for the formation of strategies. Some of these hypotheses are subsequently confirmed and work quite well.

In my opinion, the main issue of strategy building is the author's attitude to losing trades. The attitude is simple: no profit is possible without expenses.

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

You know the answer about the infantile method of market analysis;)

Approximate chain of events of a trader's formation:

1. classical thechanalysis, fundamental analysis

2. indicators

3. martingale

4. analysis of volumes, different bulletins

5. correlation analysis, pair trading

6. arbitrage

7. hft, market depth analysis

8. leveraging machines in a broad sense (I am here now, having gone through all the previous ones)

9.... n... there may be new unexplored horizons

I don't think that this is the best way to get the market to work.
The same goes for indicators, martin, and all the rest...

Yuriy Asaulenko:

Even now I look at the history - here I would buy, and here I would sell, and I would definitely earn 500%.)

Another time I look and analyze losing trades of the TS. Here she has bought, and she is absolutely right, but the trade corresponds to the strategy and it is not TS's fault that the market went in the wrong direction. I.e. the trade is correct.

In general, such exercises on the history are very useful for the formation of strategies. Some of these hypotheses are subsequently confirmed and work quite well.

In my opinion, the main issue of strategy building is the author's attitude to losing trades. The attitude is simple: no profit is possible without expenses.

In last variations of bots I don't look anywhere, only on tester's and optimizer's stats :) like, what haven't we seen there... I can't understand how they trade, because they are black boxes... it's really cool, I should note... I mean... it's really cool to make such systems, in general another approach to TS development, so I marked the Lerning Machines as the highest level of algotrading

danminin:
I'm not sure if you're right, but you're right, and you're right.
The same goes for indicators, martin, and the rest...

I should have added a paragraph there: inevitable transition from manual to algotrading.)

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

At the end if I've been in the market, for example, for 7 years or so there is less and less information for my needs, i.e. at a certain stage there is a variant to appear in informational vacuum and start to be engaged in pure creativity, sometimes meeting lifeless bodies of conquerors of the same peaks who have run out of oxygen for further ascent :) At this stage the trader experiences an enormous overload purely physically, on the background of the lack of ideas and new information, and he is all alone, since he has gone too far and there is no one to help. And then someone may get a second wind and reach his goal, because he can't go back, too much is at stake. And someone will not be able to, and then he will be extremely frustrated, probably retire from business... but he will never forget about the market.

You can look at other strategies and take ideas from them

Reason: