Features of the mql5 language, subtleties and tricks - page 155

Nikolai Semko:

Found an interesting study from two years ago comparing the effectiveness of different languages

https://greenlab.di.uminho.pt/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/paperSLE.pdf

Oh my!

Is Ada really alive and growing! If I'm not mistaken, the first OOP. I studied it in the early 80's. Haven't heard anything about it until now, thought the language was as dead as Modula. Both are deep upgrades of Pascal. I didn't have an Ada compiler, and I had Modula - a seven-pass on DWK, if anyone remembers.

To avoid execution errors in the tester, send appropriate market orders in case a pending or SL/TP should be placed atthe current price:

• Place a pending order at the current price - add it after the OrderSend market order.
  • Place SL/TP position at the current price - add after OrderClose position.

fxsaber:

To avoid execution errors in the tester, send appropriate market orders in case a pending order or SL/TP should be placed at the current price:

• Place a pending order at the current price - add it after the OrderSend market order.
  • Place SL/TP position at the current price - add it after OrderClose position.

Can we discuss this in more detail? It's not very clear:

• to place a pending order at the current price, something must be added after sending a request to open a position (?????????)
  • to place a stop order (to what?) at the current price, something must be added after sending a request to close a position (?????????)
These are the questions that come up after trying to decipher what you have written ...

Artyom Trishkin:

Could you be more specific? It's not really clear:

• to place a pending order at the current price, something must be added after sending a request to open a position (?????????)
  • to place a stop order (to what?) at the current price, something must be added after sending a request to close a position (?????????)
Such questions appear after trying to decipher what you have written ...

The problem is shown here. Solution.

// Делает более точными MT4/5-тестеры.
TICKET_TYPE MyOrderSend( const string Symb, int Type, const double dVolume, const double Price, const int SlipPage, const double SL, const double TP,
                         const string comment = NULL, const MAGIC_TYPE magic = 0, const datetime dExpiration = 0, color arrow_color = clrNONE )
{
  static const bool IsTester = MQLInfoInteger(MQL_TESTER);
  MqlTick Tick = {0};  

bool Res = IsTester && SymbolInfoTick(Symb, Tick);

if (Res && (Type > OP_SELL))
  {
    if ((Type == OP_BUYLIMIT) || (Type == OP_BUYSTOP))
    {
      if (Price == Tick.ask)
        Type = OP_BUY;
    }
    else if (Price == Tick.bid)
      Type = OP_SELL;
  }

const TICKET_TYPE Ticket = OrderSend(Symb, Type, dVolume, Price, SlipPage, SL, TP, comment, magic, dExpiration, arrow_color);

Res = Res && (Type <= OP_SELL) && (Ticket != -1) &&
        (Type ? (SL == Tick.ask) || (TP == Tick.ask) : (SL == Tick.bid) || (TP == Tick.bid)) &&
        OrderClose(Ticket, dVolume, Type ? Tick.ask : Tick.bid, SlipPage, arrow_color);

return(Ticket);
}

// Делает более точными MT4/5-тестеры.
bool MyOrderModify( const long Ticket, const double Price, const double SL, const double TP, const datetime Expiration, const color Arrow_Color = clrNONE )
{
  static const bool IsTester = MQLInfoInteger(MQL_TESTER);

bool Res = false;

if (IsTester && OrderSelect(Ticket, SELECT_BY_TICKET) && !OrderCloseTime())
  {
    if (OrderType() <= OP_SELL)
    {
      Res = (OrderClosePrice() == SL) || (OrderClosePrice() == TP);
      Res = OrderModify(Ticket, Price, SL, TP, Expiration, Arrow_Color) && (!Res || OrderClose(Ticket, OrderLots(), OrderClosePrice(), 0, Arrow_Color));
    }
    else if (OrderClosePrice())    
      Res = ((OrderClosePrice() == Price) &&
             (MyOrderSend(OrderSymbol(), OrderType() & 1, OrderLots(), Price, 0, SL, TP,
                          OrderComment(), OrderMagicNumber(), OrderExpiration(), Arrow_Color) != -1) && OrderDelete(Ticket)) ||
            OrderModify(Ticket, Price, SL, TP, Expiration, Arrow_Color);
    else
    {
      MqlTick Tick = {0};

if (SymbolInfoTick(OrderSymbol(), Tick))
        Res = (((bool)(OrderType() & 1) ? (Price == Tick.bid) : (Price == Tick.ask)) &&
               (MyOrderSend(OrderSymbol(), OrderType() & 1, OrderLots(), Price, 0, SL, TP,
                            OrderComment(), OrderMagicNumber(), OrderExpiration(), Arrow_Color) != -1) && OrderDelete(Ticket)) ||
               OrderModify(Ticket, Price, SL, TP, Expiration, Arrow_Color);
      else
        Res = OrderModify(Ticket, Price, SL, TP, Expiration, Arrow_Color);                     
    }
  }
  else
    Res = OrderModify(Ticket, Price, SL, TP, Expiration, Arrow_Color); 

return(Res);
}

#define OrderSend MyOrderSend
#define  OrderModify MyOrderModify

fxsaber:

This doesn't make it any clearer what it's for or what to do. After all, many people need to understand what is written about the reason for writing a solution before they start reading the code to make their own or use a ready-made one.

I asked for a more detailed explanation of this:

The forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing of trading strategies

Features of mql5 language, intricacies and techniques

fxsaber, 2019.12.18 12:45

To avoid execution errors in the Tester, send appropriate market orders in case you need to place a pending or SL/TP at the current price:

• Place a pending order at the current price - add after OrderSend market order.
  • Place SL/TP position at the current price - add it after OrderClose position.

And showed an example of how it is perceived by me, or maybe by someone else:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and strategy testing

Peculiarities of mql5, tips and tricks

Artyom Trishkin, 2019.12.18 12:53 pm

Is it possible to explain it in more details? I do not understand anything:

• to place a pending order at the current price, you need to add something after sending a request to open a position (?????????)
These are the questions that appear after trying to decipher what you've written ...

Anyway...

Artyom Trishkin:

I asked you to be more specific

Placing a pending order and SL/TP at the current price does not accept execution on the current tick in the MT5-Tester.

Hi all.

Can you advise pls what tools are available in MT5 to display tick charts ?

In MT4 there was an option "open offline". It was convenient to work with ticks by creating my own hst-files of history.

In MT5 there is no "open stand-alone" option. But the software tools to work with ticks are excellent.

It cannot be impossible that there is no possibility to show them on a chart

fxsaber:

const TICKET_TYPE Ticket = OrderSend();
  OrderClose(Ticket, dVolume, Type ? Tick.ask : Tick.bid, SlipPage, arrow_color);

What a load of crap! Why open with SL/TP at the current price?

Well, closing by placing SL/TP at the current price, if at all, is done intentionally. There is no need to emulate a trigger either.

Andrey Khatimlianskii:

What a load of crap! Why open with SL/TP at the current price?

Well, closing by placing SL/TP at the current price, if anything, is done intentionally. There is also no need to emulate triggering.

That way you can easily get a trigger in tens of minutes or hours.

Imagine that you need to close by TP that is somehow calculated. And now it is equal to the current price.

fxsaber:

need to close at the TP, which is somehow calculated. And now it has become equal to the current price.

In this case, I always check whether this TP should not have already triggered (the price has crossed it), and close according to the market.

Or, if it is necessary to exit with a limit, I pull it behind the price, until it fills.

Reason: