Machine learning in trading: theory, models, practice and algo-trading - page 2590

Aleksey Nikolayev #:

Earlier you had the idea of combining standard metrics with custom metrics, which I understood as training models by standard metrics and selecting by custom metrics.

yes, in fact, the combined criteria is better

training by standard metrics, but there are so called Evaluation metrics like asscgasu or roc, bussing is stopped by them, though it is trained through logloss minimization. Then we select by our custom metrics.

Then you can use models in the MT5 optimizer for tweaking parameters of stop loss, etc. And there is a lot of thankless work :)

Aleksey Nikolayev #:

In the parameter space of the model? It has an enormous dimensionality. This is possible only for very simple models with a small number of predictors.

It is not very clear how you can build a surface in the space of huge dimensionality. We simply have very few points in comparison with this dimensionality. Unless by some way of visualization with dimensionality reduction like PCA and so on, but the meaning is not clear.

Yes, that's exactly how I see it... Restore OP and then visualize it via PCA...
The essence of conceived I have already explained, on the pre. There are pictures of it on the previous page

Maxim Dmitrievsky #:

Then you can run the models in the MT5 optimizer to adjust the parameters of stop loss, etc.

What should I do it with? Or are we talking about the models written in MQL5?

Replikant_mih #:

What do you use to do that? Or are we talking about models written in MQL5?

Or transferred, you can see articles about catboost on this site (search). Mine or Alex's.

Zy. If I'm not sure if it's necessary to use a model written in MQL5 or not, then I'd rather use a model written in MQL5...

Maxim Dmitrievsky #:
Or transferred, see articles about catboost on this site (search). Mine or Alexey's.

I'm not sure what's going on, but I'm sure I've got a good idea of what's going on in MQL5.

Mm, I haven't got the gist of how python was ported to MQL5, but I realized that apparently using the function fromhttps://www.mql5.com/ru/articles/8642 you can use catbust models from mql5 code. I mostly use XGBoost, but catbust is also possible.) I agree about neural networks and tabular data. As far as I understand, using code from article I can use Catbust models, but other libraries can't. That's good too. Now I use approach where I'm not limited in my choice of Python libraries - I'm pulling models from mql5 code through Python API. In this case I'm not limited by libraries, but it's slower; the variant from the article has limitation in libraries, but apparently it's much faster.

Градиентный бустинг (CatBoost) в задачах построения торговых систем. Наивный подход
Градиентный бустинг (CatBoost) в задачах построения торговых систем. Наивный подход
  • www.mql5.com
Обучение классификатора CatBoost на языке Python и экспорт модели в mql5 формат, а также разбор параметров модели и кастомный тестер стратегий. Для подготовки данных и обучения модели используется язык программирования Python и библиотека MetaTrader5.

mytarmailS #:
Yes, that's exactly how I see it... Reconstruct the OP and then visualize it through PCA...
The essence of the idea I have already explained, on the previous page there are pictures. Page has pictures

To be honest, it doesn't make much sense. Small-dimensional projection in principle can not display everything that can be in the multidimensional case. Extrema, for example, can be saddle points - a maximum in some variables and a minimum in others. And if the surface is not smooth, anything can be there.

Theoretically, it might make a bit more sense to use PLS instead of PCA.

Aleksey Nikolayev #:

To be honest, it doesn't make much sense. A small-dimensional projection cannot, in principle, represent everything that can be in the multidimensional case. Extrema, for example, can be saddle points - a maximum in some variables and a minimum in others. And if the surface is not smooth, anything can be there at all.

Theoretically, it might make a bit more sense if you use PLS instead of PCA.

Maybe the current implementation makes little sense, but it may make more sense in the essence of what it's all about than in this entire branch

Replikant_mih #:

Mm, I haven't got the gist of how python was ported to MQL5, but I figured out that apparently using the function fromhttps://www.mql5.com/ru/articles/8642 you can pull catbust models from mql5 code. I mostly use XGBoost, but catbust is also possible.) I agree about neural networks and tabular data. As far as I understand, using code from article I can use Catbust models, but other libraries can't. That's good too. Now I use approach where I'm not limited in my choice of Python libraries - I'm pulling models from mql5 code through Python API. In this case I'm not limited by libraries, but it's slower, in the variant from the article - limited by libraries, but apparently order/order is faster.

The variant from the article is already final, for applying python-trained models in MT5 without layers. It saves tree splits in c++ from python program, then translates into mql code, plus class calculation function.

Maxim Dmitrievsky #:
The variant from the article is already final, for applying python-trained models in MT5 without layers. It saves tree splits in c++ from python program and then translates them into mql code, plus class calculation function.

Great, I'll have to try it sometime.

Replikant_mih #:

Great, I'll have to try it sometime.

Yes, it is possible to test and optimize it as an ordinary bot in MT5, to search for external parameters. The bars are quickly tested, the ticks may cause delays, because the trees take too long to be evaluated by themselves.
Reason: