Machine learning in trading: theory, models, practice and algo-trading - page 1103

Grail:

You are a funny man, not only do you need to be informative, but also with pictures :))) And a page ago, I did not in vain, by the way, quoted the post

The post is definitely worth attention. I'll probably add it to my citation book, it was one of the first to appear there:

THE AXIOMS OF THE STOCK SPECULATOR

Contents

Introduction. What are trading axioms and how did they emerge?

Main axiom #1. About risk.

Auxiliary axiom #1. Always play for significant stakes.

Auxiliary axiom #2. Do not succumb to the supposed allure of diversification.

Basic axiom No. 2. About greed.

Auxiliary axiom No. 3. Decide in advance what kind of profit you want to make on a trade, and once you have it, immediately close the position.

Basic axiom №3. About hope.

Auxiliary axiom #4. Treat small losses calmly, as an inevitability. Be prepared for the fact that you will have to go through several such losses on your way to major success.

Basic Axiom No. 4. About predictions.

Basic Axiom No. 5. About models.

Auxiliary axiom #5. Beware of the trap of historical parallels.

Auxiliary axiom No. 6. Beware of the illusion of repeating figures.

Auxiliary axiom #7. Beware of the delusion that correlation and causation exist.

Auxiliary axiom #8. Beware of the deceptive gambling hunch.

Basic axiom No. 6. On mobility.

Auxiliary axiom No. 9. Don't let yourself be trapped by feelings of attachment and nostalgia.

Auxiliary axiom No. 10. Never hesitate to part with your assets if a more attractive alternative appears.

Basic Axiom No. 7. About Intuition.

Auxiliary axiom #11. Never confuse intuition with hope.

Basic Axiom No. 8. On religion and the occult.

Auxiliary axiom #12. If astrology worked, all astrologers would be rich people.

Auxiliary axiom #13. You don't have to disavow superstitions. They can be fun if they occupy their proper place.

Basic Axiom No. 9. About optimism and pessimism.

Basic Axiom #10. On consensus.

Auxiliary axiom #14. Never follow the whims of others. Often the best time to buy is when no one else wants it.

Basic Axiom No. 11. About persistence.

Auxiliary axiom No. 15. Never try to save a bad investment by averaging.

Basic axiom No. 12. About planning.

Auxiliary axiom #16. Avoid long-term investments.

I read these axioms every time I get the itch to trade, almost like a prayer )))). But I can assure you I am far away from superstitions, but I always consider psychology to be the main motivator of all my actions

Igor Makanu:

I read these axioms every time my hands itch and I want to trade, they are almost a prayer ))))

I should listen to it before going to sleep, I read it about 10 years ago but haven't reread it since, I wonder how it will be perceived now :)

I reread at least five times Memories of a Stock Speculator, it's not a perishable work, probably the best book on trading.

And Adam Smith's "Playing for Money".

Well, no one has said how you can determine the flutes in a formalized way.... it's hard to define something that doesn't exist))

mytarmailS:
So, no one has told me how to determine the flotsam in a formalized way.... it's hard to define something that doesn't exist))

why?

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

why?

To automate the system

mytarmailS:
So, no one has told me how you can determine the flotsam in a formalized way.... It's hard to define something that doesn't exist))
How do you imagine a flat? It is obvious that you are not familiar with wave systems, because there everything is a simple flat, respectively, define the area as a correction of the wave and here is a flat.

Farkhat Guzairov:
How do you imagine a flat?

Writing herehttps://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/86386/page1100#comment_8987577

and drew herehttps://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/86386/page1101

Машинное обучение в трейдинге: теория и практика (торговля и не только)
Машинное обучение в трейдинге: теория и практика (торговля и не только)
  • www.mql5.com
Добрый день всем, Знаю, что есть на форуме энтузиасты machine learning и статистики...

Look carefully at your drawings, where you have a flat is the accumulation for the continuation of the impulse, and this is a classic 1-2-3-4-5, where waves 2 and 4 flat

Find momentum after the fact is very easy ))))

MytarmailS, sorry, but in this branch, for all the time that I watch, there is nothing that would be related to the MO, there is an exchange of articles and no more, no offense.

And I'm still waiting for someone who will really talk and show developments on the MO.

Farkhat Guzairov:

Look carefully at your drawings, where you have a flat is the accumulation for the continuation of the momentum, and this is a classic 1-2-3-4-5, where waves 2 and 4 flat

I'm sorry, but I can also write that a flat is a sideways movement, when the price is not rising or falling and other obvious things like ..... It's just as useful as your statement.

I'm interested in a concrete algorithm and not in some obvious notions.

Reason: