Machine learning in trading: theory, models, practice and algo-trading - page 305

Yuriy Asaulenko:
The surest way to be deceived is to consider yourself smarter than others (folk wisdom).
Exactly, think carefully about it.

Combinator:
That's right, think hard about it.

I didn't say that:

Combinator:
You seem to trade on the stock exchange, but you're so dense))

So think before you write anything.

I take my leave.

Yuriy Asaulenko:
There is always an equal number of buyers and sellers in the market. Equality, that is how much is bought and how much is sold.
Mihail Marchukajtes:

Where is this coming from? The data is taken from the real CME exchange, where the number of buyers and sellers is not always equal.

There is a story about some wise man, presumably Solomon, two conflicting gentlemen came to him and his assistant to judge them, one expressed his opinion, Solomon summarized "you are right", the second expressed his opinion Solomon also decided "you are right", the assistant whispers in his ear that this is a violation of the laws of logic, the truth is one, if one is true the other fails, Solomon agreed with the assistant "and you are also right".

There are bids to buy and bids to sell at the exchange, their quantity is different, if they match on the principle of "best price" then they disappear from the order book and become deals, it is logical that the deal is a consensus of equal volumes for buying and selling. That is the delta of bids in the "book", or OL, may be different, to any degree, but in transactions, the volume is the same, on both sides. But in the direction of the "aggressor" deals, you can judge the potential awareness of the bulls or bears, the one who puts the limticks close to the spread or margins, usually does it for a reason, especially when they are large, someone knows something that others do not know, otherwise others did the same, so ...

But there is also a bluff, manipulation.

Andrew:

On the exchange there are bids to buy and sell their different number, if they match the principle of "best price" then disappear from the order book and become a deal, it is logical that the deal is a consensus of equal volumes to buy and sell.

This is exactly what is called total buy/sell volumes or total demand/supply. But not the number of buyers/sellers. There are more parameters, which, one can assume, the author meant by the number of buyers/sellers. That's what I was trying to find out what exactly is meant by it. What exactly was meant by that, we never found out.

Yuriy Asaulenko:
This is exactly what is called total buy/sell volumes or total supply/demand.

The difference or the ratio of the number of limit applications To buy and to sell.

Yuriy Asaulenko:
The number of sellers/buyers.
You must mean the difference or the ratio deals on the aggressor's marker (who removed the order with the marker) for buying and selling

Andrey:

The difference or the ratio of the number of limit applications to buy and to sell.

Volumes of both are available, calculate what you want.

Andrew:

You must mean the difference or the ratio transactions On the aggressor's mark (who withdrew the request with the marker) for buying and selling

Let's not guess what was meant there.

Yuriy Asaulenko:

Volumes of both are available, calculate what you want.

Let's not guess what was meant there.

You don't have to guess. There is a volume of marks during an hour, let's say there were 100, but 30 people bought and 70 people sold. Where is the equal number????? I do not understand. Another thing when you bought 1 lot and Market sold you 1 lot, but it does not go into calculation. Because Market needs to meet demand. This is the difference between market participants, i.e. third-party participants buyers and sellers. In this case, the market maker is an internal market participant, his task is to provide liquidity and, as a rule, MM's deals are not taken into account. And the quantity of buyers and sellers on the market is always different. Otherwise the price would not move, would it not????

Yuriy Asaulenko:
I do not understand it. There is always the same number of buyers and sellers in the market. The equality - as many as bought, as many as sold is unconditionally fulfilled.

That's what the man says... Why are you picking on him?

The "magic" delta he's talking about is the difference between market bids to buy and bids to sell. For every market bid there is always a limit bid

These bids are always counter-agents to each other. It's a fact and it's not a matter of dispute.

If in a minute passed 2000 market bids to buy and 1000 market bids to sell, it means that for these 2000 market. buy. will buy from 2000 limit. sellers, and those other 1000 market. sell on the limits of 1000 buyers. and so we get that --->In the market is always equal to the number of sellers and buyers.

Other thing is who owns this or that position (market or limit) - professional participant or gamble player, it should be calculated with any indirect indicators, and no simple delta won't help, in fact the delta is the same price increase, there is no useful information

Yuriy Asaulenko:
My advice to you, don't listen to anyone.

I think machine learning is just another distraction for nerdy traders to distract them from real trading, from risk. Designed for the "smart" on the one hand, who can understand all these covariance matrices and hessians, but who do not see beyond their noses on the other, which is generally characteristic of "nerds". Their place is office clerks, accountants and all sorts of accountants, employees.

All who honestly wrote about the market without any attempts to fool fool the suckers, saying thatthe strategies should be SIMPLE, but in the end what? Artificial intelligence? Is it simple? This is the opposite of simple, this is the most inhuman confusion, it can not be true!

I'm under the table from you gentlemen :) No "machine learning" will not decide for you when to buy when to sell, as you need, a super-sophisticated algorithm - super quickly dumped. I'm not even afraid to say it more harshly, in taboo words that few traders say out loud, or even in their minds:

Machine learning is the way to DEVOTION!

pantural:

I think machine learning is just another distraction for nerdy traders to distract them from real trading, from risk. Designed for the "smart" on the one hand, who can understand all these covariance matrices and hessians, but who do not see beyond their noses on the other, which is generally characteristic of "nerds". Their place is office clerks, accountants and all sorts of accountants, employees.

All who honestly wrote about the market without any attempts to fool fool the suckers, saying thatthe strategies should be SIMPLE, but in the end what? Artificial intelligence? Is it simple? This is the opposite of simple, this is the most inhuman confusion, it can not be true!

I'm under the table from you gentlemen :) No "machine learning" will not decide for you when to buy when to sell, as you need, a super-sophisticated algorithm - super quickly dumped. I'm not even afraid to say it more harshly, in taboo words, which few traders say out loud, or even in their minds:

Machine learning is the way to DEVOTION!

What can I say!!!!! There's nothing to talk about.... Machine learning is a myth and thousands of people all over the planet who are doing it are just wasting their time. They are nobody, who are they? They came out of nowhere and try to rub something in people's faces. Isn't that right, pantural? Well done... Way to go. And now let's..... you out of here, since this topic is a dark forest for you :-)

Machine Learning is the Way to Riches!

Reason: