Issue with signal subscription - and MQL5 is not allowing me to open a ticket

Hello,

I have subscribed to a signal where provider has symbol XAUUSD whereas I have sumbol XAUUSD.i

As per Signals FAQ this should not have been a problem, but I still checked with MQL5 support before subscribing to the signal and they confirmed that the signal can be moved or fees can be refunded in case of errors but they left that ticket in open status. Now, since signal is not working, so I wanted to get the refund (Error is symbol not found).

But MQL5 is not allowing me to open a new ticket (as my previous ticket is still in open status since 3/24 and no one is replying on it). System is not even allowing me to close that request. I am worried, as I may not get a refund at all if the month passes by.

PS - I am really pissed as I tried to raise a ticket several times in several ways but the system is simply not allowing me to do that. If the MQL5 system is so crappy, then I would seriously avoid using it and directly contact the sellers, pay them via paypal etc. for their services.. as anyways MQL5 doesn't at all help in case of any technical or other issues.

Hello,

1. Provide here a screenshot of the journal with error.

2. If you want to move your subscription to another account, you can do it from https://www.mql5.com/en/signals/subscriptions/all

"symbol not found" error is related to the mapping. It means the following:

• you (your broker) is having more than one symbols for gold (XAUUSD for example),
    or
  • margin calculation type for this symbol is not Forex (according to the symbol specification: Market Watch - right mouse click - Specification).

read post for more details.

Signal copying for 'XXXXXX' is prohibited"
Signal copying for 'XXXXXX' is prohibited"
  • www.mql5.com
Hi guys, I've subscribed for a signal and my log looks like this - error messages of every trade that it tries to sync...

Alexey Petrov #:

Hello,

1. Provide here a screenshot of the journal with error.

2. If you want to move your subscription to another account, you can do it from https://www.mql5.com/en/signals/subscriptions/all

Please see the error:

1    01:55:01.006    'xxx': Signal - #94948612 buy 0.01 XAUUSD at 1934.60 skipped as no symbol found

Also, I moved it to a new account now (where symbol name is GOLD - and as per signals FAQ that should map correctly) but I am not sure if it will map or give the same error again. In case it doesn't work - I just want to know if there is a way to contact the customer care of MQL5 to get a refund, as nobody is bothering to reply on my ticket?

Also the rule for refund for signals is 24 hours - how does it make any sense???? There are so many providers who do not trade even once in 24 hrs (they trade 3-4 times or even less in a week). So, in those cases obviously we will not know the error for at least 3-4 days or may be a week too. And then we cannot apply for a refund because 24 hours have passed? How illogical is that?

Sergey Golubev #:

"symbol not found" error is related to the mapping. It means the following:

• you (your broker) is having more than one symbols for gold (XAUUSD for example),
    or
  • margin calculation type for this symbol is not Forex (according to the symbol specification: Market Watch - right mouse click - Specification).

read post for more details.

I have only one symbol in that account (Eightcap MT4) - XAUUSD.i

Margin calculation type is CFD-leverage (not sure if that's an issue) - if that is a known thing, then MQL5 should give appropriate warning or in fact should not allow subscription in the first place.

PS - The reason for raising this topic in this forum is not finding the technical reason behind signal not copying (there could be 100 different reasons) - I just want to know if an issue arises (as it did) why is there no one from customer care to resolve it? In fact MQL5 is not even allowing me to open a new ticket (and is not allowing me to add a new comment on previous ticket nor allowing me to close it).

DSB #:

Please see the error:

1    01:55:01.006    '414449': Signal - #94948612 buy 0.01 XAUUSD at 1934.60 skipped as no symbol found

I asked for a screenshot. Please include more journal entries to it - before and after the error.

but I am not sure if it will map or give the same error again. In case it doesn't work - I just want to know if there is a way to contact the customer care of MQL5 to get a refund, as nobody is bothering to reply on my ticket?

There's a problem with service desk today. It should start working normally by tomorrow and you will get your answers as usually.

Alexey Petrov #:

I asked for a screenshot. Please include more journal entries to it - before and after the error.

There's a problem with service desk today. It should start working normally by tomorrow and you will get your answers as usually.

Okay, thanks for letting me know that there is an issue with service desk.

I don't have a screenshot. I moved the signal and restarted the terminal, so journal got refreshed. Please see these entries from log;

1    01:57:29.580    'xxx': Signal - #94948612 buy 0.01 XAUUSD at 1934.60 skipped as no symbol found
1    01:57:29.580    'xxx': Signal - #94948612 buy 0.01 XAUUSD at 1934.60 skipped as no symbol found
0    04:49:57.778    'xxx': Signal - connecting to signal server
0    04:50:01.568    'xxx': Signal - signal provider has balance 101.11 USD, leverage 1:500
0    04:50:01.568    'xxx': Signal - subscriber has balance 350.00 CAD, leverage 1:500
0    04:50:01.672    'xxx': Signal - percentage for volume conversion selected according to the ratio of balances and leverages, new value 240%
0    04:50:01.672    'xxx': Signal - synchronization finished successfully
0    04:50:04.451    'xxx': Signal - ping to signal server 573.50 ms, to trade server 575.02 ms

DSB #:

I have only one symbol in that account (Eightcap MT4) - XAUUSD.i

Margin calculation type is CFD-leverage (not sure if that's an issue) - if that is a known thing, then MQL5 should give appropriate warning or in fact should not allow subscription in the first place.

Yes, it is the reason.
It is written in the FAQ here about it:

Margin calculation type is checked for each remaining symbol - if it is Forex, a symbol is considered to be suitable. Symbols of CFD, Futures or other calculation types are discarded.

There is small thread with the scripts (for MT4 and for MT5) to check it before subscription:
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/367553

Frequently Asked Questions about the Signals service
Frequently Asked Questions about the Signals service
  • www.mql5.com
Discover in 15 Minutes: Watch the Video about Trading Signals in MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5 The most frequently asked questions related to the S...

Sergey Golubev #:

Yes, it is the reason.

Margin calculation type is checked for each remaining symbol - if it is Forex, a symbol is considered to be suitable. Symbols of CFD, Futures or other calculation types are discarded.

There is small thread with the scripts (for MT4 and for MT5) to check it before subscription:

Thanks for the link Sergey, but again - why would anyone check all the forums before subscribing to a simple symbol? My point is - system should simply warn or block such subscriptions. And in worst case, as customer care already replied that signal can be moved/refund can be processed - but when the issue actually occurred I am not able to find a way to contact customer care.

My real question here is - how to contact the customer care in case an issue occurs (any issue for that matter) - although Alexey mentioned in previous comment that there is a problem with service desk today (so may be that's why I was not able to close my earlier ticket or add comments to it - BUT why would system stop me from opening a new ticket???? It was just giving me a reason repeatedly that there is a open ticket so you cannot open another ticket. The open ticket was related to signals, so I tried opening a new ticket from Billing/Accounts perspective too - but again system stopped me from opening any new ticket giving the same reason.

Sergey Golubev #:

Yes, it is the reason.

So, if Margin calculation type is the reason, then I am sure my other account will also not work (because it is CFD too) to which I recently move the signal to.

So - back to same topic - how should I get a refund that customer care promised me earlier in case of issues??

PS - I don't have any other account to move the signal (moreover moving signals is allowed only once in a week - which is weird again in such cases of error).

DSB #:

So - back to same topic - how should I get a refund that customer care promised me earlier in case of issues??

This question is to the service desk.

Reason: