Is it possible to edit the trading record for other read-only user on MT4?

Dear All.

My friend saying he got monthly return of 100% on fx trading thru MT4.
He did give me a read only account tp log in.
After I logged in I can see the past trading record to prove his return.

I just wonder are there anyway he can edit the trading record so he gave me a trading record after editing?
(Just want to be sure all the trading record were 100% true and shown on the record)

Thanks all.

Steven Chim:
Dear All.

I just wonder are there anyway he can edit the trading record so he gave me a trading record after editing?
(Just want to be sure all the trading record were 100% true and shown on the record)

Thanks all.

There are scammers that manipulate trading history and edit their trading records manually with the help of some shady brokers, so be careful with miracle robots and strategies.

Steven Chim:

He is not your friend. He is someone that contacted you via the internet and told you some story so that you would invest with him and his "special" broker.

A friend is someone you know in person, that lives nearby and you can visit and hang-out with. That is a friend. People you meet online are just "virtual" acquaintances. They are strangers, not friends.

Eleni Anna Branou #: There are scammers that manipulate trading history and edit their trading records manually with the help of some shady brokers

Not even necessary to manipulate history.

1. They can open 16 different accounts.
  2. Half buys and half sells. Ignore the eight loosing accounts.
  3. Half buys and half sells. Ignore the four loosing accounts.
  4. Half buys and half sells. Ignore the two loosing accounts.
  5. One buy and one sell. Ignore the loosing account.
You now have an account with four (4) wins in a row

Eleni Anna Branou #:

There are scammers that manipulate trading history and edit their trading records manually with the help of some shady brokers, so be careful with miracle robots and strategies.

Does it look like a miracle?
Files:
A.jpg  113 kb

William Roeder #:

Not even necessary to manipulate history.

1. They can open 16 different accounts.
  2. Half buys and half sells. Ignore the eight loosing accounts.
  3. Half buys and half sells. Ignore the four loosing accounts.
  4. Half buys and half sells. Ignore the two loosing accounts.
  5. One buy and one sell. Ignore the loosing account.
You now have an account with four (4) wins in a row
I got what you mean.
but I have further study on that,
the account was deposited USD 50,000 on 25 Aug 2020.
And as today the total net profit is USD 98,842.46
Between 25 Aug 2020 and today there were more than 100 transactions.

So its either real transactions which made that much profit.
Or the account holder can edit the transaction history.

Steven Chim #: So its either real transactions which made that much profit. Or the account holder can edit the transaction history.
Even if the account and the trades are real, one can easily see that they are trading with no sense of position sizing and risk management. They are reckless trades.

That you are asking us about it is because you don’t know them well enough to trust them. They are not your friend. They are a virtual acquaintance.

If your intuition says you should not trust them with your savings, then don’t. Your intuition is correct. Don't let your greed take control. They are not trustworthy. Save your money for when you are better informed and more experienced.

Steven Chim #:
I got what you mean.
but I have further study on that,
the account was deposited USD 50,000 on 25 Aug 2020.
And as today the total net profit is USD 98,842.46
Between 25 Aug 2020 and today there were more than 100 transactions.

So its either real transactions which made that much profit.
Or the account holder can edit the transaction history.

It's your money, but we are saying to you what we know of such examples.

If you want to hear us or not, its another story.

Just for your reference I receive a dozen of private messages every week from people like you that believed such a story and they are asking for help to recover their funds.

There is no way to be helped when you fall into such a 'trap', because these 'agents' and 'brokers' don't even exist, they are using fake names, phones, addresses, profiles etc.

As your friend gave you Investor password, it means you can keep on watching it for another month. To answer your question If the broker is popular It's impossible to manipulate history.

Eric Snusber #:
As your friend gave you Investor password, it means you can keep on watching it for another month. To answer your question If the broker is popular It's impossible to manipulate history.

Wrong. If it is regulated maybe it is more difficult to manipulate trading history. Recently a "popular" broker unloaded trade history unannounced for whatever reason. Besides, popular means nothing. The most popular broker here on MQL5 and elsewhere is in fact a bucket shop.

Reason: