Discussion of article "Advanced Adaptive Indicators Theory and Implementation in MQL5"

New article Advanced Adaptive Indicators Theory and Implementation in MQL5 is published:

This article will describe advanced adaptive indicators and their implementation in MQL5: Adaptive Cyber Cycle, Adaptive Center of Gravity and Adaptive RVI. All indicators were originally presented in "Cybernetic Analysis for Stocks and Futures" by John F. Ehlers.

Author: investeo

Hello,

Using Meta Trader 5.0 build 489, I can not visualize the 3 adaptive indicators. Normal indicators (non adaptive) are displayed correctly.
Could you help me ?
Thanks in advance.

Blueyes

Which indicatores do you mean?

I can not see :
adaptivecenterofgravity.mq5
adaptivecybercycle.mq5
adaptivervi.mq5

Thanks

blueyes:
I can not see :
adaptivecenterofgravity.mq5
adaptivecybercycle.mq5
adaptivervi.mq5

Thanks

These indicators demand for calculation the other indictor - CyclePeriod.mq5. Check whether you have that and see Journal in the client terminal.

int hCyclePeriod;

input double InpAlpha=0.07; // alpha
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
//| Custom indicator initialization function                         |
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
int OnInit()
  {
//--- indicator buffers mapping 
   ArraySetAsSeries(Cycle,true);
   ArraySetAsSeries(Trigger,true);
   ArraySetAsSeries(Smooth,true);

SetIndexBuffer(0,Cycle,INDICATOR_DATA);
   SetIndexBuffer(1,Trigger,INDICATOR_DATA);

PlotIndexSetDouble(0,PLOT_EMPTY_VALUE,0.0);
   PlotIndexSetDouble(1,PLOT_EMPTY_VALUE,0.0);

hCyclePeriod=iCustom(NULL,0,"CyclePeriod",InpAlpha);
   if(hCyclePeriod==INVALID_HANDLE)
     {
      Print("CyclePeriod indicator not available!");
      return(-1);
     }

return(0);
  }
//+-
Double Exponential Moving Average (DEMA)
  • votes: 8
  • MetaQuotes Software Corp. | English Russian Chinese Spanish Portuguese
  • www.mql5.com
It is used for smoothing price series and is applied directly on a price chart of a financial security.

CyclePeriod.mq5 is located in ./MQL5/Indicators.
No compilation errors or warnings of the file.
When I am looking for CyclePeriod.ex5 file, I can not find it on my local disk ?

I find the issue=> it is OK now

The indicators should be one of the best indicators written in MQL5. As a beginner  for C++ and newcomer for MQL5, some of your codes give difficulty to me when I replicate it into C++.. For example C++ doesn't have isStopped()..

Is there any easier way of porting your code into C++?, specially code for adaptive cycle function

Someone knows how to change the interval period inded of 6 to 63 how the article says?

Thanks, in advance. 

I find out the way to change the variable period for another different changing the costant 6.28318 and maybe the compesation number 0.5 at this equation "DC =(6.28318/MedianDelta)+0.5;" at the code of cycle period, if someone has the same doubt.

I've realized that maybe there is a mistake in the article or It's not very clear why describes DeltaPhase is restricted between <0.1, 1.1> and in the code it's between <0.1, 0.9>.

I want to say that this is only my doubts and my thinkings but it's a great article.

Thanks a lot. 

Can I use these MQL5 indicators in MQL4 ?

Reason: