Is it possible for to develop an EA that can enter and exit trades within 0.2 of a pip.

Can you tell me whether it is possible to develop an EA that can enter/exit trades within 0.2 of a pip?( excluding slippage/spread etc ) The reason being as my coder has not been able to develop EA to this specification requirement now im unsure if it is possible within mt4, and should i give up on auto strategy mt4 or is it possible that EA can enter/exit within 0.2 of a pip continually and would you know of where has this been successful in previous EA ?

Just to add the above EA details are for HA candle

give example of a trade.

but if you mean the ea will open a trade now, and then close the ea after just 2 points, then, it is possible, but you would need to show and prove to a coder that the strategy works, or you would find it very hard to find a coder willing to do that. The coding is easy enough, however, the idea sounds so rediculous, I may feel humiliated or disgusted for even being asked to code an ea for that haha.

if you want to trade for 2 points only, then i suggest you to study much more before wasting money on hiring coder, you need improvement on your basic concept first

Apologies for confusion on last post, meant EA to enter trade on green candle within 0.2 of a pip on HA candle as currently coded EA enters candle about 3 pips into. my logic is then to keep trade running until a red HA candle appears then exit as soon as opens within 0.2 of a pip, again EA doesnt enter trade at the desired point.  The current EA if entering longs usually ends up entering at up to 3 to 7 pips into candle, similar problem mentioned for exits where the exit on say 1st red bar.

Thankyou Pak Poon,Revo trades for your quickness to  comment on badly explained question!

Revo Trades:
but if you mean the ea will open a trade now, and then close the ea after just 2 points, then, it is possible, but you would need to show and prove to a coder that the strategy works, or you would find it very hard to find a coder willing to do that. The coding is easy enough, however, the idea sounds so rediculous, I may feel humiliated or disgusted for even being asked to code an ea for that haha.

So it is possible to enter trade on a long in HA candle within 0.2 of a pip, then to exit on 1st/2nd red candle within 0.2 of a pip, is just as mentioned the ntries are wide of that mark just asking if is possible to get EA to enter within the 0.2 specification, then when exit condition appear ie, red candle for EA to exit within 0.2, as currently Coded EA is having issues carrying out this.

Margaret 

martobrien1:

So it is possible to enter trade on a long in HA candle within 0.2 of a pip, then to exit on 1st/2nd red candle within 0.2 of a pip, is just as mentioned the ntries are wide of that mark just asking if is possible to get EA to enter within the 0.2 specification, then when exit condition appear ie, red candle for EA to exit within 0.2, as currently Coded EA is having issues carrying out this.

Margaret 

yes. the main issue would be that market prices rarely move such small movement haha for example you want to close trades with just 2 points, but on GBP pairs, they will often move 30 points in 1 jump/tick. That is most certainly the main issue with your strategy.

Hi Revo i think your totally confused and incoherent i was wondering if someone asked to to code a strategy what would you give to them as you dont understand plain English

Revo speaks the truth. Whether your EA can hit that 20 point window is entirely dependent on the market and your broker's environment. I'm not sure if you are using pending orders but some brokers will not allow pending orders to be placed so close to the current bid price. The speed of execution is the main determinant on whether you can hit that window, and in a volatile market most retail brokers can't move that fast. 

If you are sure the system should work you have to determine whether the error is with the code or with your broker or something else. Since we can't see the code, we can only guess.

martobrien1:
Hi Revo i think your totally confused and incoherent i was wondering if someone asked to to code a strategy what would you give to them as you dont understand plain English

maybe it is you who is not speaking english haha. if your first language isnt english, then, I recommend that you post your comment in another language, and maybe we can use google translater to get a better understanding of your question. But I think I understood your issue completely: and if I am incorrect, then please say yes or no: you want to know if you can code an ea to close in 2 points from your desired price, correct? Again, it is possible, but during markets that are high volatility or high volume of ticks, it will be a big challenge and nearly impossible. And I thought i made it clear in the past post, however, now I have answered in more detail. If you want to discuss it more, I am willing. reply here if you want me to send you a message to discuss it more intimately haha. I will post a friend request to you if you want.

Reason: