Please read this transcript from my broker and help me figure this out

I had some issues today getting my chart of US30 to load. 10 hours of price data was missing between 2300 yesterday to 0900 today.
 I could only read the chart on any given timeframe after restarting the program, otherwise it just showed one bar.

I managed to take a screenshot comparing the previous day wit another broker, and i was estonished to see two different proce movements and two different daily highs and lows. Sreenshot below, ("Comparison.jpg")

Whilst i was contacting my broker, the chart of the indice resett and now works just fine. I can change between the timeframes and it showes the same chart as any other broker.
 I dont know if this was some sort of repainting, server update or anything else. I hade a converzation with my broker and got confused about how pricecharts are formed.
 What i thought my broker told me was that chart pricemovements is based on spread, and thats why the charts looks different.

Please can anyone more educated than me read the transcript and tell me if this makes any sence.

-------------------- TRANSCRIPT BELOW --------------------

Cornell
Hello! My name is Cornell. How can I help you today?

10:19
 Stefan
I said i had no more questions for today, but i have one more. I talked tou you erlier about an issue with US30 chart
10:19
Cornell
Hi there, Stefan. Welcome back, how can I help?

Stefan
10:24
Well... i managed to get the chart loaded on the 2M timeframe, and i compared the chart wit another broker, same chart and timeframe, and i was suppriced to see two diferent price movement. I took a screenshot with the comparison.
Yesterday is showing different HH and LL between You and the other broker. Just as i made the screenshot amd looked back at te computer, the chart issue seemd to have been fixed,
i changed timeframe and it seems the chart got resett somhow, or repainted to show the real pricemovement.

Stefan
10:24
Attachments:
  • comparison.jpg
Stefan
10:25
The screenshot showes the same day on different brokers

Stefan
10:25
but different price movement

Cornell
10:26
I see. Let me go ahead and check this here on my end.

Cornell
10:29
Thanks for waiting, Stefan. The reason why there is a difference to the price movement to your other broker is because we may have a different liquidity provider.
We get our pricing directly from liquidity providers, which means that we have no control over the spreads and prices — they can go wide or tight based on the supply and demand of the currencies and the overall market volatility.

Cornell
10:32
Are you still with me?

Stefan
10:35
So, is the visualization of the chart based on spread and not the indices price?

Stefan
10:38
It kinda sounds that you're telling me that the candlestick is formed based on spread

Cornell
10:40
I believe it will be based on the bid/ask prices, however this will still be under the control of our liquidity provider.

Stefan
10:42
Am i allowed to know who Blueberry markets liquidity provider is?

Cornell
10:44
Our license provider uses anywhere from 5-7 different LP's at any given time, those prices are then aggregated to give the best possible bid and ask at that said time. However, I am afraid we do not have information on the list of the liquidity providers that we have.

Cornell
10:48
Still with me, Stefan?

Stefan
10:51
Ok, think i need to have some time to think this over, when two different brokers are showing me different price charts it kind of raises some red flags in my mind.

Cornell
10:52
I do understand that, Stefan. Is there anything else I can help you with today?

Stefan
10:52
Not at this moment, no, thanks

Cornell
10:53
You're welcome. Thank you for chatting with us. I will close this chat, for now, feel free to contact us again anytime should you need further support. Have a great day!
Files:
comparison.jpg  276 kb

The data/quotes are not unified between the brokers so it is mainly different price for the different brokers on the chart.
Not big different but it may be different on lower timeframes and on high/low of the bar.
And it is well-known knowledge: many strategies are having different results (performing differently) with different brokers.

For example (this is one of my post):

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Every tick VS Every tick based on real ticks AND latency on StrategyTester (backtesting)

Sergey Golubev, 2017.04.25 18:24

---------------------

Of course, if you are planning to trade EA with some broker so you will use broker's data/tick. If we do not like their data so we may change the broker with more good data.

And the data/ticks are not unified for the different brokers ... For example, there are some indicators (iTrend for Brainwashing system for example) which are showing the different results with the different brokers.

There are some EAs (for example: for day trading on D1/W1, martingale) which will have very similar results/performance with the dufferent brokers during the trading. But there are many EAs which are having the performance based on the brokers' data (intra-day trading EAs, scalping, counter trend EAs, and some more).

---------------------

If some person will tell me the following: "I have profitable EA."
I will ask him: "Which broker for" (is it profitable for which broker?)
If he will reply: "Any broker" so he is using martingale strategy, or he is trading on W1 timeframe with the trades opened once per half a year for example.

In this way we can understand the recommendation of the MetaQuotes for subscribers concerning the signals to use same broker with the signal provider.

---------------------

Lets say your trading EURUSD without spread on 10 different brokers, everyone gives you 0 spread, basicly letting you trade for free, but the price can be different on EURUSD between the brokers? Isnt the price on EURUSD the same everywhere at the same time?
I thought what made you pay different prices on pairs was the spread or comission if you will, but the pricedata was the same regardless.

Ivarsen:
Lets say your trading EURUSD without spread on 10 different brokers, everyone gives you 0 spread, basicly letting you trade for free, but the price can be different on EURUSD between the brokers? Isnt the price on EURUSD the same everywhere at the same time?
I thought what made you pay different prices on pairs was the spread or comission if you will, but the pricedata was the same regardless.

The price can be slightly different, or it may be the same one.
Because the prices are not synchronized/unified between the brokers.

• Many users are selecting the broker based on the good data/quotes for the price,
  • other users like regulated/licensed broker in the country,
  • and so on.

I like the brokers which are having the official office in walking distance from my home for example.

So, the selecting the broker based on your own criteria is very difficult process.

Ivarsen:

Why have you started a new topic about basically the same issue?

You could have continued in the other.

Keith Watford:

Why have you started a new topic about basically the same issue?

You could have continued in the other.

I have deleted the previous thread. I though it might have been a MT5 issue, but it wasnt, so i made a new thread.

Ivarsen: Hmm....its wierd. I am using a well known regulated broker based in Australia. The 1H ended yesterday at 23:00 and the next one opened at 0900. Everything in between is missing. I can only wiev the 1H chart when i restart MT5, if i change the timeframes to 1M, 5M, 4H i only get one bar showing up. For some reason i can wiev the chart on 2M and there as well, data between 2300 and 0900 is missing. I have asked support if it might be a server issue, although they dident see anything on their end. I know there has been some changes across most brokers sins the new margin change for retail traders, i have had to reconect to a different server with my broker already once. Dont know if maybe this has caused some issue. Its just so strange. Never experienced this befor.

It seems to be a data re-syncing problem on charts that have the auto-scroll disabled (see if that is your case too), which a few users have reported (myself included), but it seems MetaQuotes has not yet classified it as a bug in order to fix it. Do the following and it should resolve the problem.

Select the chart that is only showing the one bar to the left and press the [Home] key on the keyboard, followed by the [End] key. This should cause the chart to scroll all the way to the beginning (with the [Home] key), and then scroll all the way to the end (with the [End] key).

This fixed the issue for me and the other user that reported it here on the forum.

All chart indicators disappears and price action chart unrestored.

Fernando Carreiro, 2021.05.20 11:41

Yes, it has been happened to me occasionally, probably after the latest official update (I'm using build 2875).

It only happens if you have disabled the chart's Auto-Scroll (which seems to be your case from your screenshots).

In my case, I just hit the "End" key and the chart restored itself.

All chart indicators disappears and price action chart unrestored.

Fernando Carreiro, 2021.05.20 13:13

I did not suggest to adjust auto-scroll. I stated to press the "End" key on your keyboard!

EDIT: You can also try first pressing the "Home" key, then the "End" key!

Ivarsen:
I have dleted the previous thread. I though it might have been a MT5 issue, but it wasnt, so i made a new thread.

You had not deleted it. I have deleted it now.

Because of your thoughtlessness, Sergey has wasted his time answering the same question in your 2 topics.

Next time do not start new topics discussing the same issues.

I have moved Fernando's reply here from the other topic 2 posts above this.

He had posted just before I deleted the other topic.

Thanks for wasting my time Ivarsen!

Keith Watford: I have moved Fernando's reply here from the other topic 2 posts above this. He had posted just before I deleted the other topic.

Actually, I thought that the posting had failed because I got a 404 error page, so went searching for the thread. I found this one instead but decided not to go to the trouble of writing it all over again. Thank you @Keith Watford for the extra effort in moving it over here.

Fernando Carreiro:

It seems to be a data re-syncing problem on charts that have the auto-scroll disabled (see if that is your case too), which a few users have reported (myself included), but it seems MetaQuotes has not yet classified it as a bug in order to fix it. Do the following and it should resolve the problem.

Select the chart that is only showing the one bar to the left and press the [Home] key on the keyboard, followed by the [End] key. This should cause the chart to scroll all the way to the beginning (with the [Home] key), and then scroll all the way to the end (with the [End] key).

This fixed the issue for me and the other user that reported it here on the forum.

Thank you Fernando for this feedback, i will try it out. I thought the issue was with my broker and not the plattform, and i thought i deleted it but clearly i failed.

Keith Watford:

You had not deleted it. I have deleted it now.

Because of your thoughtlessness, Sergey has wasted his time answering the same question in your 2 topics.

Next time do not start new topics discussing the same issues.

Keith Watford:

I have moved Fernando's reply here from the other topic 2 posts above this.

He had posted just before I deleted the other topic.

Thanks for wasting my time Ivarsen!

i apologize for my thoughtlessness, and for wasting your time, i had no idea your time was so precious, i will be more considerate of your time next time, and if you dont have any time to waste i will find support somewhere else.
This issue was actually importent for me to figgure out in a haste since i have trades open on US30 and my charts seemd to have had a stroke.

I beg you please check you attetude in the future, that cind of behaviour from a moderator is quite repolsive, and will surtenly scare of any newcomer to this forum.

Reason: