I have seen people making 50k% returns per month in trading contests. Anyone can give some some insights about their EA?

I was browsing online and I came to a broker who has been organizing  trading contests. I went through their archive have results of all contests they have ever organized and I was surprised to see that there are people making more than 50k% or 50000% gains in a month. 

I wish to know some insights about these kind of EA's. What could be the strategies these EA's trade upon ?

Anyone can give some insights on these kind of EA's and what could be the basics or steps on the way to developing these kind of EA's ?

Saurabh Suman:

I was browsing online and I came to a broker who has been organizing  trading contests. I went through their archive have results of all contests they have ever organized and I was surprised to see that there are people making more than 50k% or 50000% gains in a month. 

I wish to know some insights about these kind of EA's. What could be the strategies these EA's trade upon ?

Anyone can give some insights on these kind of EA's and what could be the basics or steps on the way to developing these kind of EA's ?

Most of these strategies are based on pure luck and if you ask these people to repeat their accomplishments, they could hardly do it again.

So, it has no meaning to search for miracle systems, strategies or EAs.

Anyway, discussion about products or commercial solutions is not allowed in this forum.

Saurabh Suman:

For what I'm witness of, few years ago, a popular broker of the place was organizing very regularly contests. There were traders from all across the world with a ranking world, by continent, by region etc ... and some "regulars" for which performance wasn't luck, it was repeating from a cup to another and a week to another.

But EAs were forbidden in the contest I'm talking of.

Once I participated, a trading rush during one week, I have been ranked 16th (Europe), it's not brillant, but not bad either considering the tons of participants.

I keep a nice memory of, they should restart it, it was called "ForexBall" or something so 

Eleni Anna Branou:

Most of these strategies are based on pure luck and if you ask these people to repeat their accomplishments, they could hardly do it again.

So, it has no meaning to search for miracle systems, strategies or EAs.

Anyway, discussion about products or commercial solutions is not allowed in this forum.

This luck factor seems logical since it rarely but still happens in testing.

But an EA should be capable of making atleast 10k% for the luck factor to help it to 50k%. For practical me even a 1000% per month seems unachievable and this gets me so confused.

Saurabh Suman:

But an EA should be capable of making atleast 10k% for the luck factor to help it to 50k%. For practical me even a 1000% per month seems unachievable and this gets me so confused.

One thing is sure, that you will attract a lot of people that will try to sell you their miracle EAs through this post.

Saurabh Suman:

Then you don't understand the simple rules of chance/probabilities.

I tried online poker tournaments for a bit of fun some time ago. It was no fun at all. Because it was virtual money, so many would just go "all in" and any element of skill was totally removed. It was just dumb luck.

It is the same with these trading contests with demo accounts. People take excessive risks that they would never do if real money was at risk.

If 1000 traders start with a $1,000 demo account and aim to double the account with every trade (assuming that there is a 50% chance of winning to keep it simple)

after 10 trades 999 of those accounts will have crashed and burned.

1 of those accounts will have grown to $1,000,000

It doesn't make that person a brilliant trader, it just means that he was the lucky one that got a run of winning trades.

Icham Aidibe:

For what I'm witness of, few years ago, a popular broker of the place was organizing very regularly contests. There were traders from all across the world with a ranking world, by continent, by region etc ... and some "regulars" for which performance wasn't luck, it was repeating from a cup to another and a week to another.

But EAs were forbidden in the contest I'm talking of.

Once I participated, a trading rush during one week, I have been ranked 16th (Europe), it's not brillant, but not bad either considering the tons of participants.

I keep a nice memory of, they should restart it, it was called "ForexBall" or something so 

The one I am talking about would give you demo mt5 account at the time of registration with fixed balance and leverage. So I dont think there could be any case or cheating or whatever. People can check their live trades and history.

Keith Watford:

Then you don't understand the simple rules of chance/probabilities.

I tried online poker tournaments for a bit of fun some time ago. It was no fun at all. Because it was virtual money, so many would just go "all in" and any element of skill was totally removed. It was just dumb luck.

It is the same with these trading contests with demo accounts. People take excessive risks that they would never do if real money was at risk.

If 1000 traders start with a $1,000 demo account and aim to double the account with every trade (assuming that there is a 50% chance of winning to keep it simple)

after 10 trades 999 of those accounts will have crashed and burned.

1 of those accounts will have grown to $1,000,000

It doesn't make that person a brilliant trader, it just means that he was the lucky one that got a run of winning trades.

I have been a dedicated poker player for 4-5 years. I get you. To really check if someone has skill, the game should be too long day and night or months perhaps.

so this must be the same with these EA's.

Eleni Anna Branou:

One thing is sure, that you will attract a lot of people that will try to sell you their miracle EAs through this post.

HaHaaha......they have been doing so since 5 years in this account.

I have already grown out of their reach.

Eleni Anna Branou:

Keith Watford:

Don't know if you are programmers ore traders, but I still take the opportunity to take help. Please check on this topic if this can be done in anyway.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/366742

In other words is it possible to skip passes of optimization based on a specific random condition?

Conditional skipping of optimization passes based on parameter value. How to do it?
Conditional skipping of optimization passes based on parameter value. How to do it?
  • www.mql5.com
Suppose i have 2 parameters a & b for optimization and their values for passes range from 5-20 and 10-40...

Saurabh Suman:

I wonder how they can get that profits!

Reason: