Why is it that demo contest participants make so much profits in short period of time yet they still say 90% of forex traders lost money?

I have seen so many times, times without numbers on so many sites where demo contest participants turn $10,000 into millions of dollars in a short period of time even with a leverage as low as 1:100.

Just few weeks a go i joined a demo contest that lasted for two weeks(roughly 14 days), the top winner made a staggering 14440% with a leverage of 1:100 on $10,000 demo account! how? is it possible? why the eye catching warning everywhere on the internet that says " be careful 90% of online retail forex traders lost their money" still exist while 90% contest participants are making extraordinary profits every now then? am confuse, i need someone to clear my doubt

Did they cheat? 

don`t be political with the truth, i need a honest answer please!!!

Stanley EpsiBari Deede Nwiko:

I have seen so many times, times without numbers on so many sites where demo contest participants turn $10,000 into millions of dollars in a short period of time even with a leverage as low as 1:100.

Just few weeks a go i joined a demo contest that lasted for two weeks(roughly 14 days), the top winner made a staggering 14440% with a leverage of 1:100 on $10,000 demo account! how? is it possible? why the eye catching warning everywhere on the internet that says " be careful 90% of online retail forex traders lost their money" still exist while 90% contest participants are making extraordinary profits every now then? am confuse, i need someone to clear my doubt

Did they cheat? 

Demo trading has a lot of differences from real trading, in terms of market behaviour and psychologically as well.

It's simple.

It's not trading with real money and so people will take a lot more risks than they would if it was real money.

I used to play online poker tournaments just for fun, but so many players just kept going "all in" it was ridiculous and no fun at all. Just another case of excessive risk because no money was actually at stake.

Keith Watford:

It's simple.

It's not trading with real money and so people will take a lot more risks than they would if it was real money.

I used to play online poker tournaments just for fun, but so many players just kept going "all in" it was ridiculous and no fun at all. Just another case of excessive risk because no money was actually at stake.

This is an explanation, even if some contest are done on real accounts 

Stanley EpsiBari Deede Nwiko:

Did they cheat? 

No they don't cheat, that's how it is ! 

It's not recommended to trade that way, hence warnings you're reading everywhere, stables incomes & safe investment are preferred for a long term run. 

There was a Forex Ball contest organized by Admiral Markets, with weekly tournament, a championship, regional ranking, international ranking, it was so fun !  I'm wondering why they stopped it.

Reason: